• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rakudai short but important Multipliers CRT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Earl-station, bullshit intros don't exist here, so let's get right into it:

Ikki currently has his Ittou Shura as a "10x" multiplier and his Ittou Rasetsu as "200x", because of a thread way back then. Well i got news, i got my hands on the raw versions of those lines and:

自らが持つ全ての力、自分自身のありったけをたった一分間のうちに使い尽くすことで、最弱の能力を何十倍もの強化倍率に引き上げる伐刀絶技── 「《一刀修羅》!」
The power all he has, by using all the power his body has in a minute, turning his weakest power tens of times, an absolute technique

and

『最強の一分間』をさらに驚異的な集中力で凝縮することで、身体能力の強化倍率を数十倍から数百倍まで跳ね上げて、スウィングスピードとパワーを上乗せしたんだ……ッ!
Using my focus I can turn my "strongest minute" to something smaller, the multiplication of my power turn from tenfold to few hundred times, it strengthens my power and swinging speed...!

So for Ittou Shura we have "tens of times". So at bare minimum 20x.
For Ittou Rasetsu we have "few hundred times". Idk if this is at least 2 or above 2, i'll let y'all decide, but let's get this over with quickly, since i got a lot more Rakudai CRTs coming up.

Afaik, high multipliers need some really strong evidences to be accepted, does Rakudai have anything to a 300x (i think "a few" can mean 3, i may be wrong tho) multiplier to be accepted?

I've already gone over those (i can go over them again if need be but i'd rather avoid wasting time with that). But the thing is, 200x is already accepted based on the non raw quotes. So im just asking if "few" would mean still 2 or would it be 3.

I mostly tend to see a few as "more than one", but not sure what is commonly used here.

Though, from which parts does the lines come? Because the first mentioning Itto Shura has "tens" but then the second mentioning Itto Shura being condensed into Itto Rasetsu has "tenfold" for Shura.

I mostly tend to see a few as "more than one", but not sure what is commonly used here.

Though, from which parts does the lines come? Because the first mentioning Itto Shura has "tens" but then the second mentioning Itto Shura being condensed into Itto Rasetsu has "tenfold" for Shura.
Isn't that "a couple"?

Wdym?

A couple is specifically only 2, but a few, personally, I define as "more than one". That's also what I see most of the time, but "between 3 and 5" is another interpretation I've seen. Hence why I wanted to know if there's some standard followed here on the word usage.

The first translation puts Itto Shura at tens, as in at least 20, while the line for turning Itto Shura into Itto Rasetsu by turning the minute into a second says "from tenfold to hundreds", obviously referring to Itto Shura with the first value. I ask if you know when either of these lines was said. If the first line was said later, it could mean the boost increased even if it was 10 before.. If not, it would seem the author is flip-flopping on the value so I am less sure.

Just checked Google a bit and apparently few can mean 2 although most people say it is "3 or more". So I guess it's just sth that's there, it's a small difference either way so I guess it doesn't matter whether we go for 200 or 300, not that big of a difference.

Ah about that. It might be that shiro made a mistake there. Cus when he translated the 1st quote, he also said "tenfold" then after I asked him again he corrected himself. Although if that is not the case, then to answer your question the 1st quote is in vol 1, the 2nd is in the 3rd volume. So if there is no translation mistake then that means that the author just didn't care much about that one line in there, since as I said there is another quote in vol 12 that also says "several tens"/"tens of times".

I thought we did have a standard we followed for those words, so I thought better to ask, but yeah either or should work.

Hmm... I am always skeptical so I would keep to 10 and say it could likely/possibly be 20, but alone 20 works. Seems alright at the end of the day.

Agree on the 1st.

About this it's still 2 pretty important quotes vs a quote that didn't even have ittou shura's amp as focus. But I'll ask @ShiroyashaGinSan again in case he just forgot to correct himself.

Ok so I asked Shiroyasha and he said both of them are "tens of times". So I guess the ittou shura point is solved. Just need ppl on ittou rasetsu

We didn't change the 2nd point, and i don't think the 1st point is even refutable considering it's just a translation.

So no, i don't think we have anything else. We just need someone who can apply the changes to the profile since the 20x ittou shura changes quite a bit of stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back