• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Doesn't Stella just have piss-off levels of giant AoE?

Dunno who the hell the other two are.

Also, would I be right to assume that they're starting at The Throne 1, generators broken, ready for a Loop? Though Stella might accidentally break the generators with her giant AoE and cause herself to lose.

She does.

The other 2 are:

Sara who can summon armies, ikkis or edel (but not too in character for the last one).

And Kirihara who is conceptually stealthed and can attack with rains of arrows.

What are the chances of Stella accidentally destroying generators?

Sara summoning armies will likely be screwed by danmaku/radiation, and iirc the Ikkis are decently flawed so that won't go as well. (Having an army is nice, but they'll be compacted in certain situations, making them easy targets.)

How does the stealth work?

Rather big.

The ikki's are "flawed" if you can exploit them. You need massive skill to even realize the problem, let alone exploit it. As for armies, the armies can be respawned at any point. She can create anything really. Targets to **** up any kind of projectile, nukes, armies with thompson etc.

Conceptual stealth. Can't be sensed by the 5 senses.

1. Stella probably ***** herself over really hard then by looping herself way more times than what's necessary.

2. Flawed in what way?

3. Is she still physically there, and what are her preferred methods of attack?

1. I mean she will realize after the 1st one, she's a genius after all.

2. They're a bit TOO bloodlusted. Which can be used against them like ikki did. He basically created openings and they went for them, which allowed ikki to solo these mofo's. On a not so skilled opponent, it's hardly any different than a regular ikki (like against Kuraudo).

3. he. But yes he is still physically there, he just can't be sensed. As for attacks as i said, arrows, tons and tons of arrow attacks.

1. Yea but that still will screw her over as it basically doubles her time and stamina use.

2. Wouldn't that leave them more open to making mistakes via being too aggressive?

3. They'll know where he's firing from, though, yes?

1. Stamina is not a problem for Stella. She has A-rank magic. As for doubling her time, she still has speed amps and nukes every level. It's not like she needs to kill ppl 1 by 1.

2. Only if you can exploit them.

3. Nope. Even the attacks are invisible.

1. What does that mean?

2. Nuclear Throne is excellent at punishing mistakes and leaving you in quite a horrible prison of unescapable danmaku if you **** up.

3. Huh. Stamina?

1. She needs practically 1 second to clear the level. Just a thought. It's not a problem like Ikki where he had to run to every opponent and slash them.

2. Ya trying a skill debate on rakudai?

3. Nah. It's not like he would really get tired from firing off a bow.

1. And that's assuming she identified what really went wrong. If her strategy for every room is "nuke literally everything" then it's unlikely she'll notice something so specific, especially when destroyed instantly.

2. Mate. It worked in canon. They are needlessly aggressive.

3. How fast?

1. They aren't destroyed, they melt.

2. Eh? How is that an argument? It worked against Ikki, the most skilled character on the site. Kuraudo Kurashiki has been trashing swordmasters left and right yet still couldn't abuse it. How is the most skilled person possible finding a weakness and abusing it suddenly makes that weakness abusable by anyone?

3. Well depends. He can make hundreds of arrows (with magic) or he can make giant arrows. He wouldn't really go for single shots against an army.

1. Yea that's still going to be pretty quick off of AP alone.

2. If you use "Ikki is the most skilled character on the site" as an argument I will slap you with a boot. That feat was hardly impressive and showed the enemy charging directly into obvious death.

3. Once enemies have an idea of what they're facing, AoE danmaku will prooobably screw him over tbh. It was even stated, his weakness is AoE.

1. Yeah but she will still be able to find out.

2. If you use "ikki did it in canon so the throne can do it too". I'll slap you with a bigger boot.

3. Danmaku is not AoE. Stella nuking is AoE. Also will they really get a chance to?

1. How? There is no visible indicator that anything went wrong until The Throne dies, in which you get looped.

2. The game naturally screws over ultra aggressive playstyles, and this 'weakness' is pretty damn blaring if they are nearly running straight into a sword.

3. Danmaku is deeefinitely AoE.

1. Wait, how does the loop work exactly? Actual time loop?

2. That's just the biased version of the feat. Ikki created openings, then abused them. Being more skilled than someone in rakudai allows you to easily defeat 10 ppl 10x faster than you at the same time. Canonically. So tell me when The Throne is skilled enough to do the same. Also all these clones are in ittou shura, what can throne even do to them?

3. No.

Batman best Spectre so his feat of beating someone who's obviously well out of his league and has no reason to be counted is many degrees of infinity better than Ikki's.

Except that was plain outlier. A kick with 0 explanation completely disregarding all logic, power levels or even dimensional existence.

As for rakudai. Xiaoli did the 10 ppl 10x faster thing and it was actually explained. This is similar to Sasaki's (records of ragnarok) feat of beating someone who was massively faster than him:

― You're truly amazing! I'm happy that I can enjoy myself 10 times all at once!

ÒÇîÒÇî!?ÒÇìÒÇì

At that moment, Kiba and Larp became speechless with the sight before their eyes.

The ice clones that attacked simultaneously at a speed that even created afterimages of them.

Xiaoli dodged all the storm of instant slashes unleashed by them.

No, she let the slashes go past her. That wasn't surprising in itself.

If the person had a degree of strength, then it was possible. Larp was one of them.

Surprisingly, Xiaoli's defensive body movements were also one of those.

A technique that didn't open their eyes wide.

A speed that didn't disorient them.

All the movements of Xiaoli could be followed by their eyes.

They clearly could see what she was doing and what she would attempt to do next.

That speed of hers was a tenth of Kiba's, or less――?

――And yet, she wasn't even grazed by the stroke of swords done by 10 people.

Not only that, in the little time between slash and slash,

She destroyed the『ice clones』one after another.

With palms.

With fists.

With kicks.

With the iron ball attached to her feet.

Reality betrayed the overwhelming difference in speed. That was the proof of the absolute difference in strength.

It didn't matter how slow her movements were――the techniques of a master couldn't be dodged.

Ionliosite said:
Danmaku isn't AoE.
Play Nuclear Throne looped a few times and you'll change your mind really ******* quickly.

Play Nuclear Throne looped a few times and you'll change your mind really ******* quickly.

Danmaku isn't AoE by default, but if you think Throne' is, then go ahead.

With the sheer amount of stuff on the screen, especially while Looping, it's definitely qualifying as Area of Effect.

(A Loop happens when The Throne I is defeated and the generators are broken, in which a portal will have them fight The Throne II, then portal them back to the start of the game, except everything is harder. By a lot.)

(How is Stella's resistance to poisons, by the way?)

Moritzva said:
With the sheer amount of stuff on the screen, especially while Looping, it's definitely qualifying as Area of Effect.
(A Loop happens when The Throne I is defeated and the generators are broken, in which a portal will have them fight The Throne II, then portal them back to the start of the game, except everything is harder. By a lot.)

(How is Stella's resistance to poisons, by the way?)
It doesn't qualify dude. AoE is strictly for stuff that works everywhere in up to a certian distance, not just a large number of balls.

Isn't that a time loop?

Well....she's a dragon, so try to guess.

The effects cover a massive area of effect with their attacks. Cool?

It's a multidimensional BFR loop.

I am no Dragonologist.

Ok I guess

Multidimensional.... why?

Well she has dragon metabolism so it would give resistance to poisons and other stuff like that.

KGiffoni said:
I'm pretty sure it starts counting as AoE from loop 5 and above
Honestly, danmaku covers a large area of effect as it is, but Loop 5 and above is more like

perma-AoE.

Back