• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Raichus just gonna try to use quick attack and thunderbolts.
Alolan raichu still has better mobility with its tail and more versatile attack options.
Assuming that its gotta be alolan raichu that wins. Two types is just way better than one type.
Pancake rat Fra

Last edited:
Let's see reading the profiles it seems normal raichu wins. The reason being light screen and lightning rod destroys alolan raichu's special attack advantage leaving the only special attack it has(and only Psychic move it has) is Psychic which now has it's power halved and no feint doesn't help meanwhile even with slightly less special attack it's ranged options actually exist which is a huge advantage along with it's better physical attack and a berry to give an extra boost if needed it likely wins.

Let's see reading the profiles it seems normal raichu wins. The reason being light screen and lightning rod destroys alolan raichu's special attack advantage leaving the only special attack it has(and only Psychic move it has) is Psychic which now has it's power halved and no feint doesn't help meanwhile even with slightly less special attack it's ranged options actually exist which is a huge advantage along with it's better physical attack and a berry to give an extra boost if needed it likely wins.
It definitely could set up screens but they are wild pokemon. So wouldn't they just try to blitz each other off instinct?

To go even further pokemon are skilled fighters if special attacks become a problem they will attempt to minimize it however it's going to be a bigger problem for the alolan version no matter what as it has effectively one ranged option, worse physicals and while it can fly that flight is by riding its tail like a surfboard meaning it is going to have a harder time using physical attacks and can be knocked off with ranged attacks. And to be clear I am voting the original.

I'm gonna analyze their characterization a bit:

It uses psychokinesis to control electricity. It hops aboard its own tail, using psychic power to lift the tail and move about while riding it.
This Pokémon rides on its tail while it uses its psychic powers to levitate. It attacks with star-shaped thunderbolts.

Conclusions: Alolan Raichu will use its Psychic powers.... But IC, it mostly does so to control electricity, & especially to shape its Thunderbolts into star shapes. Like, style over substance much, surfer dude?

When its electricity builds, its muscles are stimulated, and it becomes more aggressive than usual.
If the electric pouches in its cheeks become fully charged, both ears will stand straight up.
If its electric pouches run empty, it raises its tail to gather electricity from the atmosphere.
If the electrical sacks become excessively charged, RAICHU plants its tail in the ground and discharges. Scorched patches of ground will be found near this POKéMON’s nest.
Its electric charges can reach even 100,000 volts. Careless contact can cause even an Indian elephant to faint.
As electricity builds up inside its body, it becomes more aggressive. One theory is that the electricity buildup is actually causing stress.
When electricity builds up inside its body, it becomes feisty. It also glows in the dark.

If Raichu does end up absorbing electricity, it'll get a muscle stimulant -Does this mean its physical abilities &/or speed will be amped?- & it becomes more aggressive, so its next move will probably either be attacking right back, or if its sacks are overcharged, it'll plant its tail in the ground & discharge there, likely scorching the ground.

Notedly, it seems that even getting close enough to contact can cause electrocution, so the two being close alone can risk damage to Alolan Raichu.

Raichu also has tells for when its pouches are empty (Raising tail to gather electricity from the atmosphere.) & when they're full (Both ears stand straight up.) but it's unclear if Alolan Raichu will recognize the body language of a variant from another region. & also Raichu might be getting stressed from electricity it absorbs.

Regular Raichu also learns Thunder Punch as opposed to Alolan Raichu learning Psychic.

Not well documented is that in every Gen 1 game except Yellow, Pikachu could learn Swift by Level-Up.
Among other potential moves, including some from older Events.

In theory, they might have moves like Sing or Petal Dance.... But that depends on their heritage. Although it might be implausible that a Wild Pikachu would be in Kanto or wherever to receive the Event Move & then be released into the wild & migrate to Alola or such.

So the regular Raichu might be likely to have some moves more than Alolan Raichu.... But it would depend on the heritage of the individuals; Which regions did they spend their lives in? Is @Daddybrawl willing to specify that here?

But yeah, Regular Raichu may have a small advantage in melee when it gets electrical charge, & it's slightly less likely to use status moves. Meanwhile, Alolan Raichu is going to fly around on its surfboard tail & primarily use its psychokinesis to make its thunderbolts into star shapes, rather than... you know, using its Psychokinesis to directly attack the opponent.

Hopefully that helps reach a conclusion.

Also while not on the profile(why does pikachu have this bad of a profile) only one of these pokemon has instinct in pokemon conquest and I.Q. skills from Mystery Dungeon

I forgot how to write I mean the last non remake mystery dungeon game came out gen 6 and conquest was gen 5 also thanks for the translation.

Okay, but Pikachu's profile doesn't have Pokemon Conquest Abilities, nor IQ Skills.

I literally said that
Also while not on the profile(why does pikachu have this bad of a profile) only one of these pokemon has instinct in pokemon conquest and I.Q. skills from Mystery Dungeon
But people are arguing raichu's alolan has more options like Psychic moves it literally has one and it also isn't listed on the profile outside of telekinesis which can be explained as how it flies which it has to ride it's tail like a surfboard to do. That I already explained why it sucks.

Thank you for the information. Raichu has his normal abilities (which appear to be Static) and Other Raichu has Surge Surfer, which increases his Speed on Electric Terrain.
While we’re using Lightning Rod as an argument, I should clarify- ‘normal abilities’ means whatever the crap we normally give Raichu, not that he only has Static. So, If we usually give both Static and LR, he gets them both.

I literally said that
But people are arguing raichu's alolan has more options like Psychic moves it literally has one and it also isn't listed on the profile outside of telekinesis which can be explained as how it flies which it has to ride it's tail like a surfboard to do. That I already explained why it sucks.
Ah okay. I had trouble understanding what you meant in the post. My bad, sorry.

I change my vote to Raichu normal due to Imaginym's arguments
61c780b045f999daacfd85e6f5ee96c8.jpg

I understand fully it was most me just making a joke at the fact all my arguments were out classed by Imaginym's one argument not that I am surprised.

I change my vote to Raichu normal due to Imaginym's arguments
Which of my argumen-
Sorry there, the fact that the raichu attacked with star rays was more convincing
Oh. You meant because of Alolan Raichu's predisposition to mostly use its telekinesis controlling electricity (Might be useful defensively, but dunno if it does, plus it might be preoccupied.), to let it float/fly on its surfboard tail, & to shape its thunderbolts into stars.

(& also maybe regular Raichu getting muscle stimulants & more aggression when it gets electrically charged, which might help it physically, having Lightningrod, being liable to discharge electricity when close, making melee range dangerous, & having Thunder Punch for melee range, which, lackluster as it is here, Alolan Raichu doesn't have.)
And as they say, the Mew is stronger than the fish
Aww. Sorry. I don't mean to make you feel bad by debating how I do. I just like being thorough & going into detail. I do worry I'm too wordy sometimes.
I think you're a decent debater, & you shouldn't think badly of yourself.
Again, sorry if I've upset you.
And as they say, the Mew is stronger than the fish
Cats are known to eat fish.
(No offense meant to Lou.)

None was ever taken I am sorry for making anyone think that was the case I looked up to you my entire time on this site. And now I am starting to realize how much I am connected to the goldfish meaning I have a starting point in case I ever change it.

Last edited:
I guess I'll vote regular Raichu, given what I mentioned earlier:
Alolan Raichu's predisposition to mostly use its telekinesis controlling electricity (Might be useful defensively, but dunno if it does, plus it might be preoccupied.), to let it float/fly on its surfboard tail, & to shape its thunderbolts into stars.

(& also maybe regular Raichu getting muscle stimulants & more aggression when it gets electrically charged, which might help it physically, having Lightningrod, being liable to discharge electricity when close, making melee range dangerous, & having Thunder Punch for melee range, which, lackluster as it is here, Alolan Raichu doesn't have.)

I guess but I thought it was incon I mean at this point the arguement for Alolan Raichu has been reduced to it knows Psychic and might use it.

Back