• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(R1-SB-MB) 7-B Inhuman Tournament: Dragonair VS Taco

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Hub

The experiment starts its first round, as two subjects from Section B are teleported into the containment room arena: Dragonair (Labeled THE SERPENT, nominated by @Psychomaster35) and Taco (Labeled THE TACO, nominated by @Spinoirr).

Rules stated in the tournament hub.

Who wins?

THE SERPENT: 7 (Psychomaster35, Popted2, Arceus0x, GlaceonGamez471, AnAverageUsername, Imaginym, Noneless21)

THE TACO:

INCONCLUSIVE:

Last edited:
I pretty much know both of them, so this should be easy to debate.

Dragonair scales to 45 megatons while Taco scales to defeating someone who one-shot 92 megatons. Despite this, Dragonair is more experienced and versatile, which pretty much includes being able to use Agility to make itself faster up to 4x at max when used 6 times (50% increase in speed for each use), which would make dodging the beams easier. Plus, it can paralyze Taco through Thunder Wave or confuse her with Supersonic to make it much difficult for her to attack.

Sure, Taco has her Invisibow, but the problem with it is that while it will turn her invisible, the bow itself is still visible, which would make her easy to find (Though harder to hit). Also, the fact Dragonair’s ranged moves are beams means that Taco would be unable to eat them, as it only works on projectiles.

Overall, Taco may be stronger and more durable, but given Dragonair’s better experience and versatility, I see it winning 6/10 battles. Voting Dragonair.

I pretty much know both of them, so this should be easy to debate.

Dragonair scales to 45 megatons while Taco scales to defeating someone who one-shot 92 megatons. Despite this, Dragonair is more experienced and versatile, which pretty much includes being able to use Agility to make itself faster up to 4x at max when used 6 times (50% increase in speed for each use), which would make dodging the beams easier. Plus, it can paralyze Taco through Thunder Wave or confuse her with Supersonic to make it much difficult for her to attack.

Sure, Taco has her Invisibow, but the problem with it is that while it will turn her invisible, the bow itself is still visible, which would make her easy to find (Though harder to hit). Also, the fact Dragonair’s ranged moves are beams means that Taco would be unable to eat them, as it only works on projectiles.

Overall, Taco may be stronger and more durable, but given Dragonair’s better experience and versatility, I see it winning 6/10 battles. Voting Dragonair.
I'm inclined to agree, but....
Also, the fact Dragonair’s ranged moves are beams means that Taco would be unable to eat them, as it only works on projectiles.
....They are?

The only beam move Dragonair learns naturally, AFAIK, is Hyper Beam. Most of its Pokedex entries detail it doing weather manipulation.

Beyond that, its only ranged attacks are, for Level-Up moves: Twister, & Dragon Rage.
For Ranged Egg Moves, it's Dragon Breath, Dragon Pulse, & Water Pulse.
(Obviously, it has ranged non-attacking moves like Supersonic & Thunder Wave, & tons of physical attacks, too, but the physical attacks probably lack range.)

But I'm unsure how many of those are technically "beams".

Still, your reasoning is sound. Dragonair also has the option of Dragon Dance which is helpful for going physical, albeit, not as much for getting fast. Extremespeed might also be relevant, IDK.

So I guess I'll tentatively vote Dragonair for now.

Last edited:
Back