• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
To celebrate Earthbound upgrades, here's a Lucas match. Both are, to my knowledge, silent protagonists in retro games, so this should be fitting.

Speed is equal

Who wins and why?

Lucas: 6

Quote:

Inconclusive:

this is what I was afraid of god damn it, but glad it wasn't Ness

PK Love is an omnidirectional attack so Quote ain't dodging it, while everything Quote can throw get reflected via Reflect and PK Reflect.

Quote's only way of healing is Jenka's potion, while Lucas can do the same via Life gamma and it can use it a has long has he wants, and considering the fact that he can still battle while mortaly wounded, Quote ain't winning an endurance game.

Lucas also has range so Quote gonna have a hard time getting close.

So yeah, Lucas outclasses Quote in everything cept maybe experience, not that it matter becuse Quote aint getting close to attack without his attack getting reflected.

Considering that Snake can traverse hard walls, you can argue that that would be his only way of dealing constant damage to Lucas, but compare that being his only option to Lucas's whole power versatility.

So yeah, PK boi wins.

Oof, my boi ain't gonna live through this.

It hurts, but, Lucas FRA.

Me thinks this no longer fair.

If Lucas already outclassed in almost everything, now with fate hax this is pretty much impossible for Quote to win.

I've wondered this a few times. How many times has this fate hax actually come to play in a battle for Lucas?

GyroNutz said:
I've wondered this a few times. How many times has this fate hax actually come to play in a battle for Lucas?
Literally always. Throughout the entire game. It's the reason he and Ness win in the first place.

So literally every battle he wins, no matter who it's against, it's because of fate hax?

Largely, if Fate hax wasn't a factor then Lucas would've never gone on the journey to begin with. Every victory he and Ness had in their games was fated to happen. Ness was fated to defeat Giygas, so he did even though it should've been impossible. Even when he was about to lose, fate made it so The Player would show up out of nowhere and save the day. Even when Lucas was losing to the Masked Man, fate conspired to allow him to survive and win.

So, yeah, unless you have crazy good fate resistance, you're not beating Earthbound protags. At best, you'll inconclusive them.

The Wright Way said:
So, yeah, unless you have crazy good fate resistance, you're not beating Earthbound protags. At best, you'll inconclusive them.
>The sound of any chance of me using Mother characters going out the window.

Back