• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quincy Ability Addition

AppleLord said:
Why limited matter manipulation? Quincy have shown to absorb buildings, cities and people made of reishi. Yhwach created a castle the size of a mountain. With verse equalization spiritual matter = real matter.
Why would spiritual matter = real matter in a neutral verse, when spiritual matter =/= real matter in Bleach? They are distinct and separate things in the series itself.

Damage3245 said:
AppleLord said:
Why limited matter manipulation? Quincy have shown to absorb buildings, cities and people made of reishi. Yhwach created a castle the size of a mountain. With verse equalization spiritual matter = real matter.
Why would spiritual matter = real matter in a neutral verse, when spiritual matter =/= real matter in Bleach? They are distinct and separate things in the series itself.
Because Quincy can only fight with their real power in an environment made of pure reishi? If the scenario is not Soul Society or Hueco Mundo they will be nerf and to exist in both of those realms you need to be in soul(Konpaku)/reishi form.

They have soul manipulation for doing that.

Matter manipulation is a stretch when they can only manipulate soul particles.

PaChi2 said:
They have soul manipulation for doing that.
Matter manipulation is a stretch when they can only manipulate soul particles.
And matter is made of atom which is made of particles. ""Spiritual matter.""

i dont think verse equalization would help with rreishi because you could be fighting a physcal body instead of a spirit and their could be problems like saying a quincy could harm somebody with reishi even tho they arent a spirit

The only human Quincy that's not made of reishi is Uryu. If verse is not equalized with matter then said character will have to show feats on his powers working on spiritual matter. Fullbringers interact with Hollows and Shinigamis that are made of reishi. Fullbringers are humans not made of reishi.

There's also the problem of Quincy been weaker in an environment not made of high reishi. The only known environments of high reishi are made of reishi and matter cannot enter unless converted to reishi.

I think we can start adding things now, All Shinigami should get limited Soul damage and resistance via taking attacks from Quincy. Quincy get Soul Destruction and Matter Manipulation, along with resistance to Soul Manipulation since Quincy have fought each other.

Hollow and Shinigami are spirits, yes, but they aren't intangible or the like. They have actual physical presence in the Human world. Is just that humans lacking spiritual awareness cannot see them. Chad was able to hit a Hollow despite not being able to see it.

So would the Soul Destruction even have an effect on say, VS Battles?

Chad able to hit the Hollow because he's a Fullbringer. Aka someone who can interact with spirits. Shinigami get limited Soul Damage since they can kill Shinigami, But Quincy get it since they can completey destoy Hollows, stopping them from reincarnating. Essentially Shinigami wouldn't be able to bypass durability in vs threads but Quincy would.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Chad able to hit the Hollow because he's a Fullbringer. Aka someone who can interact with spirits. Shinigami get limited Soul Damage since they can kill Shinigami, But Quincy get it since they can completey destoy Hollows, stopping them from reincarnating. Essentially Shinigami wouldn't be able to bypass durability in vs threads but Quincy would.
But the Soul Destruction only comes in after the fact, when the Hollow is killed. That isn't ignoring durability that's just a by product.

Yes exactly, that's how Soul Destruction works. Again Quincy just don't kill Hollows, they completely erase them, they straight up erase the souls of Hollows which is why Shinigami started hunting them so they don't mess with the Balance of souls. Quincy can completey destroy Souls, it isn't a byproduct, Shinigami can just damage the soul with attacks.
Fa1db63606fc1e360c10595fc3b9f6a0c5fae953 288703 760 1200

Also, do we know what happens if a Quincy kills a Soul Reaper or Regular human?? The only Souls they're noted to destroy are Hollows. Bleach is actually very vague on these kinds of things, I find. This part, I'm just really curious if there's an actual answer because that may or may not mean some things for their Soul Destruction.

plus shinigami can kill a soul and there kind and interact with soul and damage. it shinigami arent a physical creature, because there are made of Reishi so all the character should have soul manipulation. soul destruction, it is a part of soul manipulation

@TheC2

..... I don't think you understand how things work. Quincy's can destroys Souls, which is Soul destruction. It'd just mean that Shinigami would have resistance to said soul destruction. It's not hard to understand.

I mean there should be no difference between ordinary Souls and Hollows since they are the same thing, hollow IS corrupted souls/pluses, heck Hollows should be more stronger than ordinary souls. So if Quincy can destroy hollows that mean they can destroy souls.

Like Dot said, a Hollow is simply a malicious Soul, if Quincies can destroy them, they can destroy any Soul

Now Ichigo getting Soul Destruction when?

Shouldn't someone like Aizen have soul destruction? he did kill all those human with just his pressure.I assume he destroyed their souls or something?

Knightofannihilation666 said:
@TheC2

..... I don't think you understand how things work. Quincy's can destroys Souls, which is Soul destruction. It'd just mean that Shinigami would have resistance to said soul destruction. It's not hard to understand.
I understand quite well, thank you. I have read all of the main Bleach manga. I am simply being through and attempting to make sure bases are covered, because these things are going to come up again in other threads.

Someone could have made the case that because we have only seen this with Hollows ('Corrupt Souls') that Quincies Soul Destruction works on evil or bad souls/spirits.

Not saying I believe that, but I wouldn't put that past someone to bring it up. I'm just thinking further down the line here.

It should be limited soul destruction/erasure to evil spirits/hollows/demons. (At least to any race under the demon and evil soul category.)

I mean, that's like saying if I can kill zombies then I can only kill the infected humans thus I have "Limited Killing Power to zombie race only"

Dat Dot said:
I mean, that's like saying if I can kill zombies then I can only kill the infected humans thus I have "Limited Killing Power to zombie race only"
I can kill zombies. But I can't erase their soul from existence.

The point is, if I can erase the souls of the corrupted souls then why can't I erase the ordinary souls?

If I can kill zombie then surely I can kill a human too because zombie is infected or transformed humans as the hollows is the souls that is corrupted or become malicious.

I don't see how this is NLF when quincy is shown able to erase a "mutated" souls, there's no reason why they can't erase an ordinary souls/pluses that possibly weaker than them.

I disagree on calling that a NLF. They destroy souls, and Hollows happen to be the souls they hate and want to destroy.

Nope. Quincy killed Captains in the war, and Mayuri revive them. Same with the other Quincy that were killed by Quincy in the war. In the novels.

Unless, Mayuri can reverse soul erasure I am not buying it.

The only instance of Mayuri being able to revive captains were Rose and Kensei, both of who were killed by Gremmy's the Imagination, not by any spirit weapon. While Toshiro and Rangiku were Zombiefied.

As HST master said above.

And hence why we should give the resistance for Soul Destruction/Manipulation for most of the characters in Bleach because they can take damage in their spirit forms and the fact Tatsuki can resist the Soul Absorption from Yammy. So some resistance to Soul Destruction for Quincies and Soul Reaper isn't that far fetched.

The only one who truly killed and destroyed is Yamamoto as the Gotei 13 cannot recover his body, further supporting the Soul Destruction stuff for Quincies.

Back