• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quincy Ability Addition

I think all of the Quincy in Bleach should have matter manipulation because reshi is essentially matter in the spiritual world and they manipulate it in order to use your abilities.

ZchR50t
This is a scan of Uryu doing it.

Bleach-3281195

Isn't that a specific form of Matter Manipulation? So if they were fighting on Earth they wouldn't be able to manipulate matter around them.

I don't think it was ever elaborated on because the human world is made of Kishi.I believe it can be manipulated to a certain degree by them since we seen Quincy fight on Earth.Also everything in Bowach has a soul including inanimate things like water.

This is a good point, but I'm not sure what level of matter manipulation it is. But this seems more akin to absorption more than anything else.

It's matter though, they strip the spiritual world of matter to use for their abilities. That's just one of the abilities that pretty much forcefully enslaves the reishi around them including people.I'm not sure what level it is but it takes EVERYTHING as long as it is compressed of spiritual matter.

Shinigami, Quincy, Hollow and Fullbringers, can manipulate matter.

All Fullbringer can manipulate Kishi, after all that is their main power.

Should not Quincy be erased from existence?

Deleting the existence of the Hollows They disrupt the balance of the world, for this reason the Shinigami have had to kill them.

This is just manipulation of spiritual matter. It's not true matter manipulation in the normal sense.

Fullbring should have it, yes. Because they can indeed manipulate matter in the material realm. However, their usage of such seems to be limited to enhancing their movement and enhancing the force of their strikes.

While we're at it, shouldn't Bleach characters also have the Resistance to Soul Manipulation? I mean most of them fight in spirit form and technically take damage to their soul directly right? And even a human with high spiritual awareness like Tatsuki is shown able to resist Soul Absorption from Yammy who is way more stronger than her.

All characters in Bleach use attacks based around spiritual power, yes. They have effects on the physical realm and just so happen to be able to damage spirits directly. And anyone can resist attacks with lower reiatsu than their own.

And then there's Tatsuki's resistance feat.

So some resistance to attacks which affect spirits/souls directly does make sense.

Don't Quincies straight up destroy souls?

Isn't that the whole reason Shinigami killed them? Because they were destroying the souls instead of sending them over to Hell/Soul Society?

Going to be honest.

The idea that Bleach characters don't have soul hax has long been a source of confusion for me.

@Homu not Weapon creation what the scans show is them absorbing the Reshi in the area which is spiritual matter.They use the absorbed Reshi in order to use all of their abilities and weapon creation is one of them (Bows,Swords,and Crossbows)

Thinking about it, I don't think Soul Reapers should be gaining soul destruction. Others like the Quincy can but not Soul Reapers.

While they can indeed directly attack souls (outside the body nonetheless), Soul Reapers themselves are spirit based beings attacking other spirit based beings. Its essentially spirits vs spirits, and spirits can obviously cause contact with each other without needing soul hax. If having contact with spirits, while being one yourself, meant soul targetting then we'd have other verses getting this already. Examples:

-Every ghost in danny phantom having soul destruction

-Every ghost type pokemon getting soul hax because ghost type moves are greatly effective against other ghost types.

Etc.

Quincy are a different story though because unlike Soul Reapers, they are strictly living humans with spiritual power that can destroy souls (hollows), so them having it isnt an issue.

Shinigami cannot destroy souls indeed, but they do directly attack it.Wouldn't this be some form of durability ignoring if the target isn't a spirit?

Yes, Shinigami can attack the soul but they don't destroy it. They should have limited soul manipulation based on that.

wait dont we have like a ability on here for attacking soul but not destroying like soul excorcising. If we dont we can just include it in all their profiles as a inverse ability like Allen Walker and D.Graymans verse specific abilities

Also shouldn't Yhwach have Existence Erasure via his Shadows? Could be that I have the wrong translation but that's what I'm reading.

I wouldn't have a problem but considering he didn't actually do it,it might not be accepeted.

Bump.

Also, I'm not sure how this isn't matter manipulation, Bleach verse has 2 forms of matter Kishi and reishi, the Quincy manipulate the reshi to use their abilities and absorb the reshi in the environment to get stronger. Yhwach is even capable of changing the entire soul king dimension reshi concentration and the entire landscape.

Reishi is a mixture of both matter and soul manipulation, Quincies are gonna be getting Soul hax but they do need limited matter manipulation as well.

Why limited matter manipulation? Quincy have shown to absorb buildings, cities and people made of reishi. Yhwach created a castle the size of a mountain. With verse equalization spiritual matter = real matter.

Back