• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quicksilver (X-Men movies) Revisions

Gwynbleiddd

VS Battles
Retired
Since we decided that AP from KE and Speed should be judged case by case, does Quicksilver have any showings that would prove his AP?If not then he needs a downgrade.

According to the KE rules, Quiksilver was not carrying anything when he moved at the calculated speed. This means that KE cannot be derived using Quiksilver's speed.

He also did not ram into any objects with the intention of destroying it either, thus KE cannot be used for this as well.

I support the downgrade.

If he did not useh is speed to offensively tackle enemies like Lina stated, then I also support the downgrade. Out of curiosity, what tier would he be downgraded too?

He carried several people, a large curtain or something like that, kicked a table through a window, and threw several people around like it was nothing, all at these speeds. And the low end isn't inconsistent since he could actually harm Apocalypse, someone who was unaffected by building level attacks from Cyclops and Storm.

@Peter sorry I was typing so I didn't see what you posted.

I don't remember that part to well, were his punching having any visible effect on Apocalypse or was Quicksilver just sorta tossing him around?

Well, when he punched Apocalypse, he was moving faster than the explosions were in comparison to Peter. How much ap would he need to do that?

I think that scaling from Apocalypse's durability seems reasonable.

Unless I am reading Apocalypse's profile incorrectly, his durability section states that he is "at least Building level" normally to physical blows.

at least Building level normally (Unaffected by Cyclops' Beams and Storm's Lightning)
However, if Quicksilver did actually move at the speed calculated (Mach 2000+) WHILE carrying the two people out of the explosion, as Peter Maximoff has stated, let's just say that Quicksilver's AP is much higher than Building level, that's for sure.

Does anyone know who he was carrying then? Assuming they were pretty lite, I got MCB for the low end and Town level for high end.

Also, movie Apocalypse's page seems rather incoherent in terms of statistics, as does movie Jean Grey's for that matter.

Perhaps somebody could improve upon them?

The old video for the Quicksilver calc is down. Here is a new one.

That being said, after looking at AMM's comment in regards to Quicksilver and the Google Maps thing, I am actually leaning towards AMM's thoughts a lot more...

@Dark: Well, Quiksilver was carrying both a boy and a girl, so if each of them weighed 60 to 70kg, that would suffice. Using 60kg each for both boy and the girl, and the speed of Mach 2138, I get a value of 8223.6 Tons of TNT.

The bigger question however is, is this an outlier for Quicksilver?

Well, he did harm Apocalypse, who may or may not have Continent level durability.

Of course, both comicbooks and comicbook movies tend to let the protagonists harm characters far beyond their tier, but nevertheless, I do not think that Town level appears to be an outlier.

According to AMM's suggestion for Quicksilver's speed, I got a KE value of about:

• (0.5*2 people*60kg)*((32771.5*340.3)^2) = 1783512.3 Tons of TNT. Small City level.
Seeing that Quiksilver was able to slightly faze Apocalypse This lines up with Apocalypse who apparently has City level durability due to tanking Magneto's regular attacks, but I disgress.

I agree with having Quicksilver's AP as Town level from Kkapoios calculation, until a new speed for Quicksilver can be calculated.

Edit: Town level starts at 5800 Tons of TNT.

Sorry for asking, but I'm a little confused.

Your first result, 8223 Tons is Town level (8 kilotons) and your second is around 1 Megaton (Small City level), where does Small Town level come from?

I made a little mistake there. 8223.6 Tons of TNT is indeed town level. Thank you for pointing that out.

Also, the KE for Quicksilver varies ENTIRELY on his calculated speed. If we go with KKapoios' speed calculation, he sits at Town level.

So low end is small town level.

Mid end is town level

and High end is small city level?

If it's consistent with Apocalypse's durability and we do decide to factor speed into his AP i'm fine with this change.

Back