• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
In this scene, Quicksilver sees Storm's lightning nearly stopped, so Quicksilver and Jean Grey must be at FTL speed.

●When Quicksilver entered the room, the screen of the computer that was open was moving as it was closing. Computer monitors create images using light waves created by moving electrons inside them. These light waves are like electromagnetic waves moving through any medium, and they move in an empty vacuum. The propagation speed of electromagnetic waves is equal to the speed of light and is approximately 299,792,458 meters. Therefore, the color coming from the computer monitor moves to the pixels at the speed of light, which makes quicksilver ftl speed since it moves faster than the speed of light.

Last edited:
Why did you make another CRT when you have another one with a similar premise open? Just add this argument to the previous CRT

Also, no, this feat has been calculated at lower than FTL

Why did you make another CRT when you have another one with a similar premise open? Just add this argument to the previous CRT

This crt not only affects quicksilver but also jean gray and vuk. Actually, I was going to open a CRT in the form of asking a question, but later I was undecided.

This crt not only affects quicksilver but also jean gray and vuk. Actually, I was going to open a CRT in the form of asking a question, but later I was undecided.
So just add this as part of the other CRT, since it hasn't been rejected or accepted by staff with evaluation rights yet

In this scene, Quicksilver sees Storm's lightning nearly stopped, so Quicksilver and Jean Grey must be at FTL speed.
That's not a FTL feat:
  • Storm's self-generated lightning isn't accepted as MHS+
  • You can see people falling and blocks of wood moving at relative speed to the electric bolt
The propagation speed of electromagnetic waves is equal to the speed of light and is approximately 299,792,458 meters. Therefore, the color coming from the computer monitor moves to the pixels at the speed of light, which makes quicksilver ftl speed since it moves faster than the speed of light.
This doesn't work because of the explosion actively going off in the background. Something that's hypersonic cannot be in motion compared to a beam of light.

That's not a FTL feat:
  • Storm's self-generated lightning isn't accepted as MHS+
  • You can see people falling and blocks of wood moving at relative speed to the electric bolt

This doesn't work because of the explosion actively going off in the background. Something that's hypersonic cannot be in motion compared to a beam of light.
I think the reason why the boards are moving is because of Jean's telekinesis power.

think the reason why the boards are moving is because of Jean's telekinesis power.
Not her moving the boards out of Quicksilver's path, the boards from before that point were still moving relative to the electrical bolt.

Doing a test calculation (a really simple one at that), I found the feat to be max Relatavistic+ so no FTL here sadly.

I deeply apologise if I got anyone's hopes up but looking at the feat it presents a major inconsistency. Multiple wooden planks are seen moving while the lightning is frozen, leaving me to believe the lightning isn't actually in motion. If you could give me an explanation for this then I'll get on with my calc.

I deeply apologise if I got anyone's hopes up but looking at the feat it presents a major inconsistency. Multiple wooden planks are seen moving while the lightning is frozen, leaving me to believe the lightning isn't actually in motion. If you could give me an explanation for this then I'll get on with my calc.
As I said, the reason why the boards move is due to Jean's telekinesis power. I think Jean leaves the house as a result of a telekinetic explosion.

As I said, the reason why the boards move is due to Jean's telekinesis power. I think Jean leaves the house as a result of a telekinetic explosion.
I don't believe telekinetic explosions scale to massively hypersonic+. I think the most likely thing here is that the lightning reached its destination and was no longer moving.

I don't believe telekinetic explosions scale to massively hypersonic+. I think the most likely thing here is that the lightning reached its destination and was no longer moving.
Can you make a calculation for Quicksilver or Jean's speed? Or will it stay at MHS+ speed?

And on that note...why did the OP put usernames in the tags when I explicitly told them the last time they made this thread to not do that?

Tahtaları Quicksilver'ın yolundan çıkarmaması değil, o noktadan önceki tahtalar hala elektrik cıvatasına göre hareket ediyordu.
Not her moving the boards out of Quicksilver's path, the boards from before that point were still moving relative to the electrical bolt.
I wanted to point out something that stuck in my mind because I recently watched the movie. I connected the boards moving in the air to Jean Grey's telekinesis, it is already clear from the scene, but if we go according to what you say, the boards move towards the ground only due to gravity, not randomly, but since it moves randomly, it makes more sense that it moves due to Jean's telekinesis attack.

Back