• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick Mario NPI Revision

This is probably fine, but you should preferably confirm with Dino Ranger Black.

This can probably be applied. It seems uncontroversial.

Don't bump old content revision thread please.

While this subject is here, there is another minigame found in Super Mario Party called Slaparazzi, where the players have to punch each other out of the way in order to be the closest to a camera before a picture is taken.

And considering that Boo is a playable character in this game as well, not only does this reinforce the fact that characters like Daisy and Waluigi should get NPI, but this also means that other characters should be able to get this ability, such as Goomba, Koopa Troopa, Dry Bones, Bowser Jr., Rosalina and Pom Pom.

Edit: Oh, and Chain Chomp as well, as it serves as an obstacle that can harm characters on the board, Kamek's Tantalizing Tower, including Boo.

Last edited:
Let's just keep this for @DatOneWeeb 's large Mario CRT spree, shall we?
For now this should be closed, especially considering it's a necro.

However, this seems concluded as applicable, so it may be able to get a pass already, unless it has been applied already.

According to NotAMarioFan, it seems like this revision went through previously.

I had Ant reopen this, as my points on the subject were never fully addressed before it was closed, apart from Gyro.

I agree with the original post and Starter_Pack's addition as well. Both seem to be pretty clearcut and textbook cases, so I see no issue with them!

While an overall NPI bestowal is something that can be discussed, it seems that everyone is at least confident enough that the additional characters I listed should receive NPI, so I'll go ahead and add it to the appropriate profiles.

Apologies if now's a bad time, since I'm late, but... isn't Boo intangibility something they often initiate voluntarily?
Ex: In SM64, where Boos can't be hurt by Mario while intangible, a state they go into when he's facing towards them, but can be hurt if he's not facing them?

So harming Boos seems like a suspect basis when they aren't in their voluntarily intangible state, if I may say.

Apologies if now's a bad time, since I'm late, but... isn't Boo intangibility something they often initiate voluntarily?
Ex: In SM64, where Boos can't be hurt by Mario while intangible, a state they go into when he's facing towards them, but can be hurt if he's not facing them?

So harming Boos seems like a suspect basis when they aren't in their voluntarily intangible state, if I may say.
It's an interesting point, but E Gadd (who's studied ghosts for 60 years, mind, so a reliable source) describes ghosts in the Mario universe as though being noncorporeal is just their natural state/a simple trait (EDIT: I think I wanted to say "standard trait" here, but simple works too). So whilst you raise a good point, it seems as though their will is not really a factor. This would be backed up by how outside of Super Mario 64 and a few other titles, this feature of Boos is seldom ever seen, yet they behave in much the same way in terms of intangibility, so this seems to be a one-off thing and within the lore, they're just intangible by default.

& it's affirmed he considers Boos & Ghosts interchangeable there? I mean, given his presence in Luigi's Mansion, I could believe that, but I'd want to be sure of that. Also, what is the full dialogue for that statement in the screenshot? He's framing the "incorporeal, yet visible" part as the initial answer to his question about what a ghost is that started his research.

"this feature of Boos is seldom ever seen, yet they behave in much the same way in terms of intangibility"
Do you mean there are instances where Boos are demonstrated as incorporeal &/or intangible within parts of the Mario franchises, while not appearing to have initiated a "voluntarily intangible" state?

Boos nor any other ghosts don't need to change form to phase through objects.
This. You literally have to capture Boos in Luigi's Mansion, and they don't need to change themselves to pass through things.

Besides, all the Super Mario 64 things says to me is that they should have Invisibility as well once they actually have a profile on the wiki.

Back