• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick DMC speed adjustment

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Nero is saying he never believed in sparda but he knew sparda had a heart to love someone at that was what Sanctus lacked

Lady's narration about sparda was true and she heard it growing up and thought it was just a fairytale the story of sparda has always been the same it's just nobody believes in it now

@Virgil

Nope.

DANTE: The Order of the Sword, huh?
LADY: Yes. Are you familiar with them?
DANTE: Sorry, religion and I don't mix.
LADY: It's a small congregation that gathers in the castle town of Fortuna. I guess the only people who would have heard of it are the ones who take interest in this type of thing.
DANTE: Like you?
LADY: Exactly. So just how much do you know about Sparda?
DANTE: Well, from what I can figure there's a lot of confusion surrounding him.
LADY: The story goes that Sparda served as the feudal lord of the city long ago. The people who live there today take these legends as truth and worship him... Just like a god.
DANTE: They worship a demon as a god
^ Early dialogue in the game which basically states that the Order of the Sword is delusional, and that they take stories as truth.

Meanwhile in the end of the game...

SANCTUS: The power of Sparda... Why won't you give me strength!? Am I not worthy!?
NERO: Never could take those legends too literally.
It's not that Sanctus didn't gain any power. It's that the power he gained didn't match what his delusional religion made him believe he'd gain.

@Sparda

No, it is a fairy tale in how exaggerated it is.This is stated by the narrator in the manga. 2000 years of mouth-to-mouth retellings and exaggerations make the stories about Sparda so unreliable. And the reason why so many characters want his power, because they are foolish to literally believe the legends.

Read my other post it outright said the reason Dante is so powerful is that he accepted his humanity that's why sanctus can't use his power at it's full potential

How do you know the story is exaggerated you're main argument for no using the narration is that there is a lot of confusion if there was confusion surrounding the legend of sparda why is it always the same story

Is there a calculation that yields Dante/Vergil in DMC3 to be Massively Hypersonic? If not, wait for that Quiksilver feat that AMM posted to be calculated.

@Sparda

How do I know that the story is exaggerated? Because characters (Dante and Nero) and narration state it is exaggerated. And no, it's not always the same story. The Order of the Sword believed Sparda was a feudal lord of their city, while other characters thought Temen-ni-Gru was the gateway to HEAVEN and that Mundus was God, and there are numerous other contradictory things.

The in-universe "Legend of Sparda" is not accurate. It's meant to be vague and uncertain.

The problem is Lina stated he would calc the Quicksilver cutscene, so it might not be MHS, that said I'll refer to the speed as MHS for now.

MHS reactions and combat speed should be added for Arkham, though the Quicksilver cutscene is getting calc'd so we may have to wait on that.

Aside from that I don't know...Thing is Vergil has MHS reactions in DT for blocking Quicksilver Dante's attacks.

I'd say wait for Lina's calc to be done.

"Heart" is fundamentally neccesary in order for a Demon to unlock true power. Sanctus, Arkham & the likes gave theirs up for stupid power, thus couldn't unlock the totallity of Sparda's power. Nothing complicated here Mattew.

how do you know Nero is a creditable source of information he never believed in sparda and wanted to leave the ceremony when everyone is praying

When has Dante ever said the story about his father was exaggerated

You do know that the temen ni gru were built by human devil worshippers so to them hell is heaven and mundus is god also the demon world is often called heaven in dmc

@Authorofall

Not any demon's true power, only Sparda's generally. Doesn't apply to Abigail in the slightest.

The problem is that you use this argument as if it proves they didn't gain even 0,0000000001% of his power, when Arkham gained enough to literally transform into Sparda's Devil Trigger form, and Sanctus is confirmed to have Sparda's power.

The only reason this "not full power" argument is stretched is to hide the 3-A outlier. Then again 3-A isn't even a feat and the 3-As will become High 6-A. Which makes sense as that's a feat done by Abigail who's a god tier.

soo

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Authorofall

Not any demon's true power, only Sparda's generally. Doesn't apply to Abigail in the slightest.

The problem is that you use this argument as if it proves they didn't gain even 0,0000000001% of his power, when Arkham gained enough to literally transform into Sparda's Devil Trigger form, and Sanctus is confirmed to have Sparda's power.

The only reason this "not full power" argument is stretched is to hide the 3-A outlier. Then again 3-A isn't even a feat and the 3-As will become High 6-A. Which makes sense as that's a feat done by Abigail who's a god tier.

soo
Arkham used the force edge which is the unawakened version of sparda

"A devil arm with the power of the legendary dark knight sparda sealed within its powerful as is but it's true power has yet to be realised"

Humans who reject their humanity aren't as powerful https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MvzocnNaRLA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bw8UswJlo68

Sid is the one with the high 6a feat and he isn't as powerful as the real Abigail who is the one who "once" rival mundus but he isn't as powerful go to 1:40 into the video

3A is a feat. It was show, implied and often talked about, so it literally couldn't not be a feat as it essentially exist lol. We've even discussed it here and got it finally accepted.

Actually, I recall you opposing these things several times in the past by claiming a bunch of things to be true but couldn't bring source material to articulately substantiate your argumentation.

Lina Shields said:
Is there a calculation that yields Dante/Vergil in DMC3 to be Massively Hypersonic? If not, wait for that Quiksilver feat that AMM posted to be calculated.
Agreed

Authorofall said:
3A is a feat. It was show, implied and often talked about, so it literally couldn't not be a feat as it essentially exist lol. We've even discussed it here and got it finally accepted.
Actually, I recall you opposing these things several times in the past by claiming a bunch of things to be true but couldn't bring source material to articulately substantiate your argumentation.
There's no 3-A feat in DMC. There's an outlier that might be 4-A at best.

@Sparda

Sid obtained Abigail's power and so he rivals Mundus.

@Sparda

Because all feats in the series are generally Tier 8 to 7, with the absolute best feat being High 6-A and being done by a guy who is a God-Tier, on Mundus' level.

Dude seriously read my other post it explains that sid isn't as powerful as the original Abigail who "once" rivals mundus you also haven't explained on why Nero is a credible source for sparda and Dante saying the legends were exaggerated

Sparda 20000000 said:
Dude seriously read my other post it explains that sid isn't as powerful as the original Abigail who "once" rivals mundus
I read it. You're wrong. You are using Sparda who is a good demon and thus people who try to get his power don't reach his full power, to apply it retroactively to every demon including bad demons. The entire thing that happened in-story was that Sid obtained Abigail's power, which rivals Mundus and is High 6-A.

There is a High4C statement in the Japanese version of the game saying Beuwolf hits with the force of a small supernova.

But again, derailing.

"Why can't I win I got power that was top class in the demon world I don't care how strong you are something is wrong with this picture damn this is totally unfair is it decided the moment we're born then that demons born with out much power are fated to be stamped out by you if this is how things are no matter what I do it's meaningless "

"That's not it it's about souls basically here's the story sid someone like you who has let his soul rott can't measure up to someone with a real soul by getting some power that's not how it works down here"

It applies to sid as well

"How could their be such a difference between us"

"You surrendered your humanity it's that simple"

"But you are not human so why am I inferior"

And Angus

Still haven't answered my questions why is Nero a credible source on sparda and when has Dante said the legends are exaggerated

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Sparda
being High 6-A and being done by a guy who is a God-Tier, on Mundus' level.
You even said yourself that Mundus was much stronger then he was in the past when Sparda defeated him and in that time Abigail was sealed, he was only old Mundus level.

This isn't a place to discuss DMC revisions, this was a speed thread.

Matt, you said you had them ready and can do them at any time...Well quite frankly, this is the time, unless you want to wait for Gordon to be on.

High 4-C is a hyperbole, just like statements of Argosax being all-powerful are hyperbole.

"Still haven't answered my questions why is Nero a credible source on sparda and when has Dante said the legends are exaggerated"

On DMC 4. Played the game?

In fairness, Dante said "From what I can figure there's a lot of confusion surrounding him". I see where Matthew is coming from, but Dante isn't necessarily saying anything about exaggeration.

In dmc 4 Nero never believed in sparda and never cared that doesn't mean he is credible source on sparda Dante said their was confusion surrounding his father he never said the legend of his father was exaggerated also how do you know that the confusion surrounding sparda is about his rebellion he live 2000 years after that and there is much about sparda we don't know

Argosax was able to fight dmc 2 Dante who is the most powerful character in the series

@Random

http://3.p.mpcdn.net/2279/37950/8.jpg

Stated outright in the manga. Sparda's things happened so long ago that people have long since forgotten the exact truth and what is left is fairy tales and legends

@Sparda

I don't think you get my point at all. My point is that the legends of Sparda overhype his power, which is a fact. Nero never believed them literally, hence his snarky remark to Sanctus. Sanctus was a full in believing the legends of Sparda's power, whereas Nero wasn't.

How do you know Nero is right about sparda is not that the story was exaggerated is that everyone forgot that the war with the demons really happened arkham heard the legends and then told lady the legend and lady telling the story of sparda in the prologue is true

Because Sanctus lost? Nero was right in not being delusional like the rest of the cult, and Dante also confirms it.

Yeah, Lady said the legend was true but not 100% true, there is a lot of exaggeration and confusion.

This thread is getting extremely out of hand fast.

Maybe we should close this and present everything forward when the time comes, which hopefully isn't I don't even remember how many months we've had to wait...

You haven't pointed out how the story is not true I don't know how many times I pointed out that sanctus is not as powerful as sparda you said in his file he gained sparda's full power when that is not true

Devil May Cry 4, Boss File — Sanctus Diabolica: "The demon form taken by Sanctus after his Ascension ceremony. The ability to resonate with Sparda that the ceremony gave Sanctus is amplified, giving him power far beyond that of any normal demon, and warping his body into a hellish visage."

Yes the sword amped him past normal demons doesn't mean he is on sparda's level because he rejected his humanity

You haven't posted any evidence you completely ignored the evidence I posted like Dante and argnus conversation Dante and sid's conversation the lore of the force edge you pick Nero's word over everything because it fits the narrative you have literally made up stuff like lady saying that the story of sparda is made up and Dante saying the story is exaggerated when both of them never said that Dante saying there is confusion surrounding his father doesn't debunk everything we know about sparda you haven't even look at the links I put

If the thread is getting out of control, it may be best to close it, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back