• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Big SCP Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Ovens

Resident Kitchen Appliance
VS Battles
Administrator
The SCP Revision Team™ Presents:

Another Big SCP Revision

Title is a bit of a misnomer. This revision will just cover some things left out from the previous revision.​

Dr. Clef

Let's start off with a simple one. Clef has conflicting backstories that prevented him from having the power null abilities he has in MEGALOMANIA. However, with the new information that everything is canon to Placeverse, we can now split the canon interpretations up. The power null Clef exists in Kaktusverse. How do we know this? Well, SCP-3004 was written by Clef. Simple enough. Therefore we can split Clef's profile into classic Djoricverse and Kaktusverse.

SCP-682
Everyone's favourite hard to kill reptile is getting a doosy. Besides a new Constant key based on Saikou's thread, SCP-682 is also getting an upgrade from adapting to SCP-3930. In addition to that, SCP-682 is getting some new adaptations from its termination log.

First of all, any substantial information on SCP-682 replicated in a fictional setting becomes another instance of 682. We see this with SCP-1230, where in the termination log, SCP-1230-1 is given a description of the Foundation's history with SCP-682. SCP-1230-1 conjures up its own SCP-682, and is completely unable to kill it. Do note that SCP-1230-1 has complete control over its realm, and yet couldn't kill a conjured up version of SCP-682. This would give Information Manipulation Type 2 to the lizard.

Now for the juicy part. The Foundation wrote a eight-hundred page book, titled "To Slay The Beast", which detailed a Class-Ω Containment-Failure and the subsequent engagement of several SCPs in combat with SCP-682. Although the book was physically unaltered, within the Narrative itself, 682 killed 95% of all SCPs, and was currently stalemating SCP-3815. SCP-423 even stated that 682 was bending reality to its will. The Foundation speculated that SCP-682 within a Narrative can't be seen altering said Narrative from above it. Which means it is completely immune to Swann Entities altering the plot. Given this, it should resist Plot Manipulation from Swanns.

Given the above, I will also adjust SCP-682's attack potency. It doesn't make sense that the varies tier not show what actual ends it can reach so I propose "At least 9-A, likely higher, Varies up to 5-A, likely 3-A, possibly 1-A via Reactive Evolution, Adaptation, and Power Absorption, Low 2-C via death". The 5-A end comes from SCP-2305-A, as we know for a fact that everything SCP-2305-A says will 100% come true so this is a given tier. Likely 3-A comes from a tale where 682 grows to the size of a universe and consumes galaxies. Possibly 1-A comes from the above theoretical fight with SCP-3812.

The Foundation
Finally, the beast. I have a detailed a list of additions to the Foundation profile. I will briefly go through what I added.

- Added Bodily Weaponry for the animal researchers like Kain Pathos Crow.

- Added SCP-4755 key

- Added a fresh update of personnel

- Added a few new SCPs the Foundation utilize

- Changed a few images and reworked the technology tabber

- Added new divisions and their accompanying hax

- Added Inorganic Physiology for drones that the Foundation uses

- Added a new note to explain why the page works

- Misc. cleanups

There are some things I might have missed out but every change can be seen in the history so let me know if any clarification is needed.

SCP-5514

Thanks to the Noosphere upgrade, it should get Conceptual Manipulation Type 1 scaling from Invisible Spiders. This is due to the simple fact that Invisible Spiders get their conceptual cloaking from being Anti-Ideas, which are inherently extranoospheric.

To reiterate, Invisible Spiders and SCP-5514 will get Conceptual Manipulation Type 1 for being to interact with Anti-Ideas, the former being Anti-Ideas themselves should already give them this.

Forgot to mention that I'm also merging SCP-4755 to The Foundation as a potential future version of it. 4755 being transcendent over 6820 would make it tier 0 with all the lovely accompaniments that come with being larger than the Noosphere.

Actually fully revise Clef man, I don’t even get what you’re doing here
Make a draft with the various keys you want

682 I have no opinion on

Foundation looks fine, inorganic physiology from drones is cringe but technically right

Spiders I have no opinion on

We already had Kaktusverse Clef just in older versions of the profile. We can keep the current version but add a key for the previous iteration.

If everything is canon, can we get High 1-B likely Low 1-A from Chaoskampf tale for 343 as other key of him?
I don't think he's relevant enough in a single tale to warrant a key. There has to be like, actual relevancy to warrant a canon key, like in Kaktusverse or Djoricverse.

Seem fine
Expect two things
The first is SCP-4755 key
Boundless''' (Exists beyond the scope [[SCP-682|of]] [[SCP-2747|the]] [[SCP-3125|Constants]] and transcends them on a level of effective conceptual containment<ref>[https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-4755 SCP-4755's article page]</ref

Oven, SCP-4755 isn't transcends Constants, in fact, It's literally Patasphere of Admonition Timeline
I told Saik about this in discord

Well it would still be 0 since its Patasphere. I'll just adjust the reasoning to fit.

I'm fine with everything here except...
SCP-682
Now for the juicy part. The Foundation wrote a eight-hundred page book, titled "To Slay The Beast", which detailed a Class-Ω Containment-Failure and the subsequent engagement of several SCPs in combat with SCP-682. Although the book was physically unaltered, within the Narrative itself, 682 killed 95% of all SCPs, and was currently stalemating SCP-3815.
You mean 3812. I'm not sure why you even bring this up tbh. 682 and Fred are the only real SCPs. Everything else is a simulation and thus suspect.

Not to mention, if we took every "this SCP killed all the others" storyline into consideration we'd be a contradictory mess.
SCP-423 even stated that 682 was bending reality to its will. The Foundation speculated that SCP-682 within a Narrative can't be seen altering said Narrative from above it. Which means it is completely immune to Swann Entities altering the plot. Given this, it should resist Plot Manipulation from Swanns.
Nope.

The Proxyverse has no problems using plot manipulation to prune the constant 6820, a far superior form to the lizard.

It's just the same as any other narrative entity capable of altering the patasphere, the narrative above not being able to see its effects are just Information Manipulation and Stealth Mastery (That is, of course it's resistant to plot manipulation but it's nowhere near on Swann's level).

Everything else seems fine to me. Others can point out mistakes I missed.

I'm fine with everything here except...

You mean 3812. I'm not sure why you even bring this up tbh. 682 and Fred are the only real SCPs. Everything else is a simulation and thus suspect.

Not to mention, if we took every "this SCP killed all the others" storyline into consideration we'd be a contradictory mess.

Nope.

The Proxyverse has no problems using plot manipulation to prune the constant 6820, a far superior form to the lizard.

It's just the same as any other narrative entity capable of altering the patasphere, the narrative above not being able to see its effects are just Information Manipulation and Stealth Mastery (That is, of course it's resistant to plot manipulation but it's nowhere near on Swann's level).

Everything else seems fine to me. Others can point out mistakes I missed.
It's not suspect? Any SCP that was directly linked in the termination had to have been a 1:1 copy just on a lower Narrative.

We don't treat "killed every SCP" at face value, sure. But we do scale SCPs that are either directly linked or exist in the same canon. For the purposes of the termination log, we go with the former. That's how we do scaling for other "killed all SCPs" profiles on the site.

Swann not being able to see 682 doesn't necessarily mean it's Proxyverse Swann. At the very best it's Patasphere level. Remember that Narratives that don't follow Placeholder's model can still exist, just below it, so 682 resisting being observed from a higher level is still valid but caps below Proxyverse.

SCP-682
Everyone's favourite hard to kill reptile is getting a doosy. Besides a new Constant key based on Saikou's thread, SCP-682 is also getting an upgrade from adapting to SCP-3930. In addition to that, SCP-682 is getting some new adaptations from its termination log.

First of all, any substantial information on SCP-682 replicated in a fictional setting becomes another instance of 682. We see this with SCP-1230, where in the termination log, SCP-1230-1 is given a description of the Foundation's history with SCP-682. SCP-1230-1 conjures up its own SCP-682, and is completely unable to kill it. Do note that SCP-1230-1 has complete control over its realm, and yet couldn't kill a conjured up version of SCP-682. This would give Information Manipulation Type 2 to the lizard.

Now for the juicy part. The Foundation wrote a eight-hundred page book, titled "To Slay The Beast", which detailed a Class-Ω Containment-Failure and the subsequent engagement of several SCPs in combat with SCP-682. Although the book was physically unaltered, within the Narrative itself, 682 killed 95% of all SCPs, and was currently stalemating SCP-3815. SCP-423 even stated that 682 was bending reality to its will. The Foundation speculated that SCP-682 within a Narrative can't be seen altering said Narrative from above it. Which means it is completely immune to Swann Entities altering the plot. Given this, it should resist Plot Manipulation from Swanns.
so 682 can resist tier high 1-A plot hax?

It's not suspect? Any SCP that was directly linked in the termination had to have been a 1:1 copy just on a lower Narrative.
Evidence? In Place cosmology lower narrative analogues had their own unique characteristics such that you can't really make that assumption. It's a fact that these analogues are featless.
We don't treat "killed every SCP" at face value, sure. But we do scale SCPs that are either directly linked or exist in the same canon. For the purposes of the termination log, we go with the former. That's how we do scaling for other "killed all SCPs" profiles on the site.
I know. I never had a problem with scaling to 3812 per se, just in this instance where he's not shown performing at his maximum capacity. Fighting 682 is in fact more of a 3812 feat than otherwise.
Swann not being able to see 682 doesn't necessarily mean it's Proxyverse Swann. At the very best it's Patasphere level. Remember that Narratives that don't follow Placeholder's model can still exist, just below it, so 682 resisting being observed from a higher level is still valid but caps below Proxyverse.
Fair though my argument that hiding something from someone isn't evidence to superiority still holds.

Also SCPs that are directly linked : SCP-6747, SCP-2747, IHP proposal, Tufto Proposal. All of them being High-1A-0, Oven
Note: This experiment aimed at the possible termination of SCP-682, via metaphysical and/or pataphysical concepts, objects, locations and/or beings.

Evidence? In Place cosmology lower narrative analogues had their own unique characteristics such that you can't really make that assumption. It's a fact that these analogues are featless.
Who said it had to be a Placeholder analogue? The termination stated that The Foundation wrote the book, which is overwhelming evidence that the things within it are 1:1 their baseline versions, at least the ones mentioned. At the extreme least, they would be article canon level since that is what is presented for Foundation staff to view.

Plus, we know for a fact that Narratives in Kaktusverse encompass the entire dimensional structure within it, which means the Low 1-A Acidverse scaling still applies even in lower Narratives, of which 3812 would be transcendent over. So yeah, 682, identical down to an informational level, fighting a Foundation-accurate depiction of 3812, would constitute as a 1-A feat.

can my https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/SCP-953?so=search

be fixed? (cause the speed may be wrong and stuff)

maybe in another CRT you could fix 953 if there are any more mistakes or changes for her.
Who said it had to be a Placeholder analogue? The termination stated that The Foundation wrote the book, which is overwhelming evidence that the things within it are 1:1 their baseline versions, at least the ones mentioned. At the extreme least, they would be article canon level since that is what is presented for Foundation staff to view.

Plus, we know for a fact that Narratives in Kaktusverse encompass the entire dimensional structure within it, which means the Low 1-A Acidverse scaling still applies even in lower Narratives, of which 3812 would be transcendent over. So yeah, 682, identical down to an informational level, fighting a Foundation-accurate depiction of 3812, would constitute as a 1-A feat.

in a future revision will you check if there’s anything wrong with Scp-953 cause I made this profile first and I think I got some things wrong like the speed.

Also Will 682 ever get resistance to resistance negation because of Scp-3125 or no?

Also Will 682 ever get resistance to resistance negation because of Scp-3125 or no?
No, 682 is stalemating 3812 because he is continually ascending. We can at the very best assume 682 is doing such as well, hence the stalemate.

No, 682 is stalemating 3812 because he is continually ascending. We can at the very best assume 682 is doing such as well, hence the stalemate.

I meant scp-3125 aka the five legged spider dude not 3812

didn’t you read the number.

it’s the weird starfish dude

what about 953’s profile as well. I told there’s some mistakes it still has originally.

I don't think there's such a thing as resistance to resistance negation, just a higher level of resistance? And it would only apply to 6820-A.

953 is fine. I think Tllmbrg did a revision on it that fixed it, I'll check.

Who said it had to be a Placeholder analogue?
I didn't call it a Placeholder analogue. I said based on the Placeholder cosmology, which we're using, there's no evidence that narrative entities have to act at all within the scope of power that they've shown.
The termination stated that The Foundation wrote the book, which is overwhelming evidence that the things within it are 1:1 their baseline versions, at least the ones mentioned. At the extreme least, they would be article canon level since that is what is presented for Foundation staff to view.
That's not enough. There are in fact, orders of events that sort of need to be taken into consideration.
With absolutely no feats to speak of to indicate they are at that level? No.

SCP 3812 wasn't even always at that level, he specifically transcended his author...
SCP-3812: You… no, you can't see him. I can. I think he was above us at one point, but he's below me now. Yes, I see you there.

A feat that in itself, took an unknown amount of time (and it took entire years for the guy to transcend even two narrative levels above himself) so I don't agree that we randomly scale to linked articles, because we don't. There needs to be a reason for it. SCP 3812 was linked in the SCP 6747 but we didn't arbitrarily scale him based on his inherent capabilities.

You are placing a concrete rating based on a scaling involving unknown elements when it's not even needed to be honest.

Last edited:
I didn't call it a Placeholder analogue. I said based on the Placeholder cosmology, which we're using, there's no evidence that narrative entities have to act at all within the scope of power that they've shown.
If they're shown to be a certain level of power in an article that doesn't fit Placeholder's cosmology, we work with that interpretation of feats for any scaling we would do otherwise.

That's not enough. There are in fact, orders of events that sort of need to be taken into consideration.
Like what? 3812's article, within universe would be everything The Foundation has on the guy. Logically speaking, they have no reason not to use that knowledge to put a stop to a fictional 682.

With absolutely no feats to speak of to indicate they are at that level? No.

SCP 3812 wasn't even always at that level, he specifically transcended him...
What? You mean the feat of endless transcendence literally shown in the article itself and explict knowledge that 3812 is Kaktusverse canon?

A feat that in itself, took an unknown amount of time (and it took entire years for the guy to transcend even two narrative levels above himself) so I don't agree that we randomly scale to linked articles, because we don't. There needs to be a reason for it. SCP 3812 was linked in the SCP 6747 but we didn't arbitrarily scale him based on his inherent capabilities.
Occam's Razor. Why would The Foundation use the nerfed version of 3812 against 682? Better yet, how would 682 struggle to kill Sam Howell if he wasn't already in the process of stacking himself above and below Narratives?

No we didn't scale 3812 to 6747 for two reasons. 1) 3812 was never eventually used against 6747-C and it was only speculation if he could even kill it. 2) When 3812 was brought up, 6747 had not even invaded the Proxyverse yet. We have no frame of reference how strong it was at that point, so maybe 3812 could have indeed killed it before it ascended.

Occam's Razor. Why would The Foundation use the nerfed version of 3812 against 682? Better yet, how would 682 struggle to kill Sam Howell if he wasn't already in the process of stacking himself above and below Narratives?
He destroyed an apartment building almost immediately after his resurrection. He was almost always a powerful reality bender but fine, I can admit it doesn't make sense for 3812 to be weaker than he was in the article if they're going to test him against metaphysical and pataphysical entities.

This still results in a mess as I stated before though. Particularly the fact that it directly links to literally several other such pataphysical entities. As Rabbit pointed out, this includes SCP 6747. This would mean 682 really does solo most of the verse, which isn't really a problem until you realize this includes his own higher 6820 existence which is contradictory nonsense.

It also begs the question as to why you're only upgrading him to possibly 1-A. Since he manipulated the story on a narrative level, this log would make him tier 0 via reactive evolution even taken to its most modest conclusion.

Yeah but 682 wasn't stated to have overcame any of them tho. It was just stated to have been fending off 5% of the remaining anomalies, of which only 3812 was linked. And like, we would only scale 682 to 3812 since that was the direct mention. The other entities we leave alone since no information was brought up about them.

Yeah but 682 wasn't stated to have overcame any of them tho. It was just stated to have been fending off 5% of the remaining anomalies, of which only 3812 was linked.
He controlled the entire story that contained them. You still haven't mentioned why he's not being scaled to the Patasphere.
And like, we would only scale 682 to 3812 since that was the direct mention. The other entities we leave alone since no information was brought up about them.
I'm not gonna lie, total semantics to be honest.

Well, if the others agree then sure, but I'm the opposite of convinced to be honest.

(Apologies for rudeness)

Last edited:
He controlled the entire story that contained them. You still haven't mentioned why he's not being scaled to the Patasphere.

I'm not gonna lie, total semantics to be honest.

Well, if the others agree then sure, but I'm the opposite of convinced to be honest.

(Apologies for rudeness)

Yes, the controlling of the plot would only fall under plot hax, and not affect 682 physically. I must reiterate, the Narrative does not conform to Placeholder's model. The best feat it has physically is directly engaging 3812, who in article canon would already be tier 1 regardless.

The other Pataphysical entities were not mentioned engaging 682 directly, and at best we can assume 682 was resisting their plothax. So you can either assume that it resisted Pataspheric levels of plot hax which follows Placeholder's model (which we already established this isn't), or we can assume that the pataphysical entities are ??? level in power and their plothax power would be undefined within the context of the Narrative.

The latter would fulfil 682 being unobservable outside the Narrative, while not breaking scaling, as it would only be limited to baseline Patasphere.

I cannot stress enough, I'm not scaling 682 to fighting the Pataspherc entities physically besides 3812. It resisting their plot hax would not translate to any plothax scaling beyond the Patasphere in baseline reality.

Last edited:
Yes, the controlling of the plot would only fall under plot hax, and not affect 682 physically.
Yeah, this is true. Not really sure why I assumed his plot manipulation would scale to his AP like that.
I must reiterate, the Narrative does not conform to Placeholder's model. The best feat it has physically is directly engaging 3812, who in article canon would already be tier 1 regardless.

The other Pataphysical entities were not mentioned engaging 682 directly, and at best we can assume 682 was resisting their plothax. So you can either assume that it resisted Pataspheric levels of plot hax which follows Placeholder's model (which we already established this isn't),
You haven't given your reasoning on why it doesn't conform to Placeholder's model, actually, if we're assuming the linked anomalies are to be treated as the real deal.
or we can assume that the pataphysical entities are ??? level in power and their plothax power would be undefined within the context of the Narrative.

The latter would fulfil 682 being unobservable outside the Narrative, while not breaking scaling, as it would only be limited to baseline Patasphere.
So you're arguing that since higher narrative entities won't notice 682 changing the narrative there is not enough evidence that it would scale to them via hax? That does makes sense, I agree.

I don't see why there is such a huge fuss on the 682 feats. 2747, 6747, and IHP being linked doesn't really mean anything. They were just listed as examples of pataphysical anomalies.

The only thing that happened is that 682 disobeyed and adapted to the plot written in by the Foundation and that it fought 3812. In essence, this only means 682 can somewhat resist plot hax from higher beings and that it can adapt to fight 3812. That's it.

As for 6820-A, like I said it should be 0 for being stuck in a stalemate with 6820, the machine that could rewrite the local Patasphere. And 4755 should be 0 as well for representing the Patasphere of its given timeline.

I don't see why there is such a huge fuss on the 682 feats. 2747, 6747, and IHP being linked doesn't really mean anything. They were just listed as examples of pataphysical anomalies.

The only thing that happened is that 682 disobeyed and adapted to the plot written in by the Foundation and that it fought 3812. In essence, this only means 682 can somewhat resist plot hax from higher beings and that it can adapt to fight 3812. That's it.

As for 6820-A, like I said it should be 0 for being stuck in a stalemate with 6820, the machine that could rewrite the local Patasphere. And 4755 should be 0 as well for representing the Patasphere of its given timeline.
Saik
Isn't 4755/Level V above level IV beings such as 6820-A? Or it just mean 6820-A has some smurf haxxes/resistance to stuck in a stalemate with 6820 and beat it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back