• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Some Clef additions

Just some things I believe should be on Dr. Clefs Profile:

Normal Dr. Clef

Reality Warping: In SCP-4231 and The Great Site-87 Bakesale Clef/Francis are repeatedly referred to as a Type Greens/Reality bender, with various examples, such as: Looping a staircase as he runs up it for 80 hours, making a usable telephone that had a cord that ended under the hood of a car and causing the flood in SCP-4231.

Mind Control: From The Great Site-87 Bakesale "'We're not giving you shit,' Tyler growled as he took out this wallet and deposited $15.00 into Francis' hand. 'What the- hey!'" and

"Cinnamon," he said. "That'll be three bucks." "I've not even eaten it," Brisby frowned through a mouthful of strudel. He swallowed, his eyes widening. "That's pretty good. But can ya cut it out with this?" "Oh, what harm did a little mind control ever do? Besides, if it tastes good, it tastes good."

Creation: From The Great Site-87 Bakesale " 'Do you need some water?' 'I have some,' he said, producing a water bottle from underneath his chair, where one had not been just a moment ago, 'Thank you.'"

Teleportation: From The Great Site-87 Bakesale "'CLEF!' With a strum of a Ukulele, he popped into existence by her, grinning."

Agent Ukelele/Classical Revival: This would be a second key as it is a second personality that has different stats and powers. He would get all previous abilities on his key.

Weapon creation: In Upswing of Disorder "Something silver appeared in his hand, the end shoved in the woman’s mouth. 'Oh wait, no I don’t. It’s an actual gun.'" and "Clef sliced a man’s throat open with a razor, and subsequently came to the realization that he had no idea why he had a straight razor in the first place"

Shapeshifting: Throughout the series, Agent Ukelele is described with various objects that replace his head that change regularly.

Regeneration: In It Wasn't a Vacation, Agent Ukelele blows himself up with a mine and is then stated to regenerate from it. I assume this would be between low and high-mid

Multiple selves(Type 1): This would be given in the first key as both deal with this. I don't know what the wiki describes as "relevent" or "influent" but Ukelele does give him a power-up and additional powers.

Transformation: In Upswing of Disorder, control shifts from Clef, with Ukelele taking it instead while fighting. This would also be in the first key.

Stats: 9-B, likely 9-A AP as he was capable of beating SCP-076 as well as Supersonic+ speed as he is seen frequently getting hits on 076 without him reacting.

Bonus thing: In Able Baker Charlie, the statement "He could have leveled half the continent, if not worse!" is made about Agent Ukelele. Let's take this seriously, earlier in the tale. it is stated that it takes place, "where Genghis Khan rode" so let's use Asia. Asia has an area of 44,526,316 km2 / 2 is 22,263,158 the radius of a circle with that area is 2662 km, according to this site, an explosion to have an Air blast radius (widespread destruction) of 2662km would yield about 60,000,000 megatons or 60 teratons. This should be listed as possibly 6-B as it is described as a possibility if his conditioning was faulty. This would be given to Agent Ukelele. There is no proof that this is true, so if this isn't allowed I understand.

I feel like pointing out from the description of Agent Ukelele is: A constructed personality designed to both use and limit Francis’ powers. Essentially a cartoon character with limited characterization, used to destroy or subdue incredibly powerful entities.

And from the articles I read it seems if he felt like using his power he could and the combined power of the scp Foundation and GOC can't stop him they just hope they don't.

That normal Dr. Clef stuff is an inconsistent interpretation. Effectively, there's dozens upon dozens of tales about Clef, and in most of them he explicitly does not have reality warping, and is in fact a reality anchor that suppresses reality warpers. However, there's a few tales (such as The Great Site-87 Bakesale) which give him reality warping.

Since these run into direct conflict with each other, we have to pick one or the other, and more tales (and more popular tales) have him without reality warping, at least as of when I checked 2 and a half years ago, and only one of your sources is new. So I'll have to reject that whole half of the thread.

I have no idea why Agent Ukelele would be a different key; it's not a different personality, it's just his name before he entered The Foundation, and he still takes up that mantle multiple times after entering The Foundation.

I don't think that's weapon creation, it's just fancy wording for him quickly pulling out a gun.

Could you post the quotes for shapeshifting? Since he already has that sorta ability on his profile as information manip since it seemed to only happen when his face was captured digitally.

Regen seems fine. Dunno what level to put it at though.

Disagree with multiple selves for the same reason I disagree with key separation.

For Transformation, I quickly scanned through that story and "Ukelele" is never said, where did you get that Clef was transforming?

Neutral on 076 scaling, although it would be 9-A likely higher, not 9-B likely 9-A. 9-B's only for article canon, and this would scale to extended canon.

6-B seems like a massive outlier, I'm against that.

So to summarize, only thing I accept for now is regen.

I'm pretty disappointed with everyone who jumped in to agree with everything (except 6-B) despite the issues found if a little digging's done.

That normal Dr. Clef stuff is an inconsistent interpretation. Effectively, there's dozens upon dozens of tales about Clef, and in most of them he explicitly does not have reality warping, and is in fact a reality anchor that suppresses reality warpers. However, there's a few tales (such as The Great Site-87 Bakesale) which give him reality warping.
The reality anchor version doesn't directly counter him having it because there are times they are used to warp reality.
Since these run into direct conflict with each other, we have to pick one or the other, and more tales (and more popular tales) have him without reality warping, at least as of when I checked 2 and a half years ago, and only one of your sources is new. So I'll have to reject that whole half of the thread.
You see the reason he doesn't is because he is a cheating, lying bastard that should not know he can do that and an anomaly.
I have no idea why Agent Ukelele would be a different key; it's not a different personality, it's just his name before he entered The Foundation, and he still takes up that mantle multiple times after entering The Foundation
If you could please read the links
I don't think that's weapon creation, it's just fancy wording for him quickly pulling out a gun.
I don't know.
6-B seems like a massive outlier, I'm against that.
Again it is made clear either he is out classed or out classes when he uses that power which he has never used in character.

Last edited:
The reality anchor version does directly counter him having it because there are times they are used to warp reality.

You see the reason he doesn't is because he is a cheating, lying bastard that should not know he can do that and an anomaly.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

If you could please read the links

I glanced over them but didn't find anything, and it runs contrary to the dozens of Clef tales I've already read. Could you post the relevant quotes that would establish them as different keys, please?

Again it is made clear either he is out classed or out classes when he uses that power which he has never used in character.

What? The tale doesn't establish it as a separate power, it's just about him getting deployed.

Could you post the quotes for shapeshifting? Since he already has that sorta ability on his profile as information manip since it seemed to only happen when his face was captured digitally.
From It Wasn't a Vacation: "His head was that of a red panda with an eyepatch", "His head was a television, displaying the words “Ceci n'est-pas une televisione" in alternating teal and maroon letters", "Ukulele stopped backpedalling, shook his fishbowl, and snapped the mint tin shut", "Ukulele stroked the fringe of tentacles at his chin"

The point is him being both a reality warping and anchor(or sink) doesn't actually contradict anything.
This link. And read my second comment.
And context on the continent statement.
“You allowed the Coalition to deploy Francis in the field before we could confirm that the conditioning even worked! He could have leveled half the continent, if not worse!”

“Sophia, I appreciate your concern, but at the moment it is a non-issue. Francis managed to not only overpower the entity, but doing so proved that the conditioning did work: our project was able to create a stable persona for him and control his powers through it.”

“A persona that is a sociopathic murderer at best, based off of Soviet conditioning memetics twenty years out of date. He’s unbelievably unstable, Crow. If the conditioning breaks down, what then? The Coalition could have easily snuck in some sort of killswitch or designed him to fail as an excuse to kill him.”

“Possibly, but the Coalition can’t afford to lose a weapon like him.”

“What if he starts using powers outside of what the persona allows? What if he breaks free of our control? Will you be willing to accept those consequences?”

He is not meant to be able to use that power however he could in theory.

The point is him being both a reality warping and anchor(or sink) doesn't actually contradict anything.

Hard for him to be a reality warper when he passively suppresses all reality warping and anomalous activity.

This link.

That's 13 tales my dude. If the reasoning that supposedly comes from those tales is bunk, I don't think I need to read them.

And read my second comment.

Okay, "Clef has a constructed personality meant to limit his power" is fine, but what distinguishes that from Dr. Clef? Since it seems like that personality's implanted while Clef's at the Foundation.

And context on the continent statement.

I guess. Even if it's a power he doesn't usually have access to, it's still way above (a bit over 10^13 times) his other showings (despite him being in well over 100 tales) without much justification, and it comes from a statement from someone else, not a feat. And like you said, it seems like he can't access it and we've never seen him access it. That feels too shaky to put on a profile.

Hard for him to be a reality warper when he passively suppresses all reality warping and anomalous activity.
Reality warpers like SCP-343 resistance standard nullification by using methods other than humes and strong enough reality warpers can just do warp reality despite reality anchors and sinks.
That's 13 tales my dude. If the reasoning that supposedly comes from those tales is bunk, I don't think I need to read them.
The glossary.
Okay, "Clef has a constructed personality meant to limit his power" is fine, but what distinguishes that from Dr. Clef? Since it seems like that personality's implanted while Clef's at the Foundation.
He was also goc at the time.
And the last thing is Fair.

Reality warpers like SCP-343 resistance standard nullification by using methods other than humes and strong enough reality warpers can just do warp reality despite reality anchors and sinks.

Yeah but the stuff that mentions Clef being a reality anchor sometimes explicitly says he's not a reality warper at the same time.

I'm not a reality bender; just the opposite. I'm a reality anchor.
https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/termination-order (He claims that he's a reality warper who uses that to counter reality warpers, the character he's talking to says he's lying, and Clef essentially goes "yeah fair enough")
"Yeah. So I joined the GOC and learned to use my powers to protect myself. I can stop any other reality shifter from using their powers on me, and I can even ride the wave of the change, kinda like a surfer. That's why 166 can't control me, and why 531 couldn't kill me earlier. I'm kind of the anti-reality shifter. An antibody against that disease."

"That's… really deep. Hang on… let me get something."

"What?"

"A shovel to scoop up the bullshit you're feeding me."

"Hah! Touche! I think this might be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."
Also, Clef being a reality sink makes him literally EE anomalous beings by being in their presence. Which seems really weird if he's a reality warper himself.

Dr. Pathos Crow: Not true. A reality anchor is a man-made construct used to stabilize anomalous activity in a region. It doesn't affect the anomaly, just temporarily masks it until the anchor is removed or depowered. A reality sink is a natural phenomenon, something that exists as sort of a black hole for the supernatural. We don't know fully how it works, but we believe them to be a sort of natural balancing system against the spread of the unknown. Anomalies don't simply become masked in the presence of a sink, they start to lose connection to the fundamental forces that bind them to our universe until they simply disappear.
Also also, while you can theorycraft all you want that maybe Clef just has super duper powerful reality warping that lets him overcome being a reality sink, I don't remember that ever being stated. afaik everything saying that Clef is a reality warper either doesn't mention the reality anchor stuff, or says that he fakes being a reality anchor through reality warping.

The glossary.

Ohhh the O5 board section. Fair enough then, but that part also says that Clef is a reality warper, making it a bit of a consistency nightmare. Like I said, I haven't kept up with Clef stuff for years, and I'd need to read well over a hundred tales to refresh my memory and catch up on new stuff.

I don't know how to sort out that inconsistent mess, but I don't trust this OP's proposal (effectively merging all the interpretations together) as being the right way of doing that. At this point I'd almost suggest deleting the page, since unless someone carefully goes through over a hundred pages we won't have a good idea on which interpretation to take.

And the last thing is Fair.

After seeing that glossary section I don't think so actually. It pretty clearly establishes that they're different personalities.

Would making separate keys be a possibility? Like ones for him when he's displayed to be a reality anchor and one when he's a reality warper? Most of the additions from this seem to be more in line if he's a reality warper though I know a lot of stories are based around him being an anchor. I doubt a lot of people would really be up for it, but yeah its a possiblitiy.

Would making separate keys be a possibility?

That's only really been considered a possibility when both of those interpretations are, like, different people in the multiverse that actually exist. For example, the lolfoundation versions of the doctors are explicitly an alt timeline where The Foundation decided to test out giving high-ranking researchers reality warping powers.

It'd technically be possible to make separate keys for the interpretations, but that runs into scaling issues (if we don't get an indication either way, which key should we give an ability to? If someone fights Clef, do they scale to overpowering his reality warping resistance, or do they resist his reality warping?). Admittedly those issues aren't as large as they would be in other cases where this has been suggested, but it's still a slippery slope I'd rather not go down.

Yeah but the stuff that mentions Clef being a reality anchor sometimes explicitly says he's not a reality warper at the same time.
Clef is a very unreliable source about his nature him lying in that "Suicide note" would not be unlikely
(He claims that he's a reality warper who uses that to counter reality warpers, the character he's talking to says he's lying, and Clef essentially goes "yeah fair enough")
The interview with kondraki earlier in this canon proves again he lies too much to be trusted here
Also, Clef being a reality sink makes him literally EE anomalous beings by being in their presence. Which seems really weird if he's a reality warper himself.
Given the power he has overall it would not be a surprise plus that is the only thing we use from that scp has no other source and goes against him being just a reality anchor which being a reality warper doesn't(if he was a reality sink it would be hard for him to do his job testing anomalies or using them as weapons.)

Last edited:
Clef is a very unreliable source about his nature him lying in that "Suicide note" would not be unlikely

The interview with kondraki earlier in this canon proves again he lies too much to be trusted here

Welp, there's not much I can say if you think my statements should be chucked out because they could be lying and I don't.

Given the power he has overall it would not be a surprise

It would be to me, I don't remember him doing much exceptional stuff with his reality warping, and the feats in the OP aren't all that exceptional either.

if he was a reality sink it would be hard for him to do his job testing anomalies or using them as weapons.

Suicide Note also corroborates that he can't really directly test anomalies. Now that I think about it, that stuff contradicts with other things on his profile (the multiple anomalies he utilizes), so maybe his stronger powernull stuff should be removed, leaving him with just reality warping to counter other reality warping, and telekill. That's starting to sound like the more consistent answer.

Some things that Agnaa said that haven't been adressed
The razor quote also implies that he is creating it with him having no idea why he would have it. Though the phrasing on the gun quote is admittedly vague.
For Transformation, I quickly scanned through that story and "Ukelele" is never said, where did you get that Clef was transforming?
" His body was retreating, but this seemed to be a lot less important than observing all the pretty patterns on the floor and walls. The brief moment of realization faded away into the background. He was somewhere else, somewhere far away, watching the scene acted out around him from some mental Laz-E-Boy. Just faces on a screen. Like a movie. Like a cartoon."The rest of the story is written as him watching everything happen, not doing it. It's more of him shifting to Ukelele, I figured it works like transformation.

Also, if it means anything I don't believe the 6-B thing anymore, it was probably meant as Ukelele going on a rampage than anything explosion related.

The razor quote also implies that he is creating it with him having no idea why he would have it. Though the phrasing on the gun quote is admittedly vague.

Oh my bad I missed that quote, but couldn't it be taken as Ukelele having obtained the razor? That'd easily explain Clef having it without knowing why.

The rest of the story is written as him watching everything happen, not doing it. It's more of him shifting to Ukelele, I figured it works like transformation.

Fair enough, I think some sort of key switching would be fine, but "Transformation" doesn't sound right for that. I don't think we really have a power for it besides Multiple Selves, so I'd just explain there.

If we can't make separate keys for the two interpretations because it leads to problems, then I'd prefer we use the interpretation that's used more often or in more popular tales. I don't know which of those that is but yeah.

I know but you guys are competent enough to decide not like something you disagree with unless you were put up which given what you did on one of the death battle threads I might have to check.

I agree with Agnaa on everything so far. I think Reality Sink Clef contradicts most of his anomalous item usage and that should probably be removed and a note should be placed on his profile that mentions how being a Reality Anchor contradicts most of his appearances.

I'd also note that this would rule out the more extreme reality anchor interpretations, such as from A Suicide Note, where it's said he can't operate anomalous machinery.

5 probably 6 if @AbaddonTheDisappointment wants to confirm anything (maybe have reality sink be listed as if you want to use this no optional equipment and everything connected to reality warping which is basically everything new not able to be used at the same time. We have to remember djkaktus is one of the big authors on the site and we use his stuff quite often and our author cannon rule [we need to give SCP-3000 an IS NOT key at some point I mean it is canon])

Last edited:
Back