• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questioning Crossover Profiles Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we were going off if they were different enough and not if they are part of the story

If we are going off of them being part of the story then nvm she's fine

A few people disagree with this being what allows a profile though

I thought it was supposed to be a deal between characters who are plotline relevant to a crossover specific game (BBTAG, MvC) and characters from other franchises who appear canonically (Geralt (SC), Dante (SMT)) in the plots of non-crossover games. One was okay, the other was a no.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Arguing that characters important to the plot in a Massive Crossover would mean that nearly all characters in such games would be allowed. Which doesn't work at all. There is a difference between a cameo crossover and a mutual massive crossover like BBTG or Smash.

That being said, I don't agree with allowing SMT Dante either though. Him being important to the plot doesn't relate to the issue with such characters in the first place. It doesn't change the fact that it's just Dante but stronger and with some new abilities.
Saikou The Lewd King said:
I repeat; Importance to the plot shouldn't matter. That's not why we're preventing all crossover versions in the first place. What maters is how different they are from their original versions.

If we cared about importance to the plot, we would have allowed stuff like Anime Goku looong ago.
Dargoo Faust said:
I mean, us excluding them from the wiki doesn't make them stop being relevent to the plot. That's a seperate issue then them basically being the same character in the crossover and the profile being a Copy + Paste of the original profile (Geralt was literally this before I had to CRT out some abilities) with a different tier.

Now someone's telling me there's no actual difference between Ruby from CrossTag and her canon self, and that the plot of game was literally "characters get pulled from their worlds". Which is it?

@Dragon

That's literally the name of the game, yes.

@Dragon I know, but it seemed to be forgotten in recent posts that some staff members were against that being a deciding factor, and I don't want their opinions to be left out.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Sera Its a completely separate canon from the original series
Being a person who could careless if BBTAG is accepted or not, you forget to mention that BBTAG is also a crossover specific game. Her canonicity to BB, Persona or Under Night is nonexistent outside of a crossover that is not canon to those franchises. Same for Hyde, Ragna and Yu.

Yes, theyre canon solely to the BBxTag series, not to their original series and not to any other series

Xeno Goku doesn't act like normal goku and heroes is its own thing completely seperate from DBZ and DBS

Xeno Goku also isn't a crossover character from a different series thrust into the game and not changed at all.

Pretty sure SMT Dante should be fine though as he is pretty distinct from how Dante was portrayed prior to that time

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes, theyre canon solely to the BBxTag series, not to their original series and not to any other series
And what is BBTAG? A crossover game in its rawest form.

Being important to the plot wasn't even an argument for crossovers but appearances in other games like Akuma in Tekken 7, Geralt in SCVI, etc. That's where importance to the plot matters.

Crossovers are a much different beast. Only exclusive characters can have files for those.

Is that clearer?

Characters who appear in a crossover game are not allowed...This is no different than MvC Ryu or Jump Force Jotaro.

Ok, can't believe I'm coming back for this but whatever.

@Sera to clear the things up, yes the ENTIRE plot of BBTAG is the characters from their own worlds are thrown into this alternate world where this giant robot makes them fight each other, and they team up to beat it so they can go back home.

As for difference in SKILLS of all things, this has got to be the most asinine thing I've seen in terms of justifying a difference between characters. Coming from someone who watched at the very least the first 5 volumes of RWBY and binged through the entire BB series, there's NO difference in skillset AND Personality.

The BBTAG characters aside from System XX checks off none of the requirements they need to have their own profile.

A character acting the same is also irrelevant. No duh they are going to usually have the character act like themselves otherwise the fans would complain. Imagine Akuma in Tekken 7 but he didn't act like Akuma, instead he was a happy-go-lucky guy that eats cornflakes every morning. That's not Akuma at all. Since when did personality matter here? What matters is continuity and Dante is part of the SMT timeline, therefore he is canon.

Granted in the definitive version of Nocturne, Dante was replaced with Raidou. But that is another story.

Sera EX said:
A character acting the same is also irrelevant. No duh they are going to usually have the character act like themselves otherwise the fans would complain. Imagine Akuma in Tekken 7 but he didn't act like Akuma, instead he was a happy-go-lucky guy that eats cornflakes every morning. That's not Akuma at all. Since when did personality matter here? What matters is continuity and Dante is part of the SMT timeline, therefore he is canon.

Granted in the definitive version of Nocturne, Dante was replaced with Raidou. But that is another story.
If personality, plot relevance, AP, and abilities don't matter, then what does matter for getting a crossover profile?

@Sera the characters in Cross Tag have the same relevancy as the Smash Bros character in Brawl. The story is literally the same thing, only have Blazblue stuff rather than Smash Bros stuff and it's practically the same.

WeeklyBattles said:
Except unlike jump force, the characters in XTag are different from their canon counterparts
From what I've seen...not really....Can you give us explicit details on how Ruby is different?

@Dragon the first time you ever see Ruby she leads with trying to kill Ragna just because she doesnt who he is or where she is. That is a direct 180 from her friendly personality.

Exclusiveness. I've said it like 10 times.

Dark Kahn, Cyber Akuma, Ultron-Sigma, etc.

A perfect example of this is the Final Fantasy Dissidia games. exclusive characters like Cosmos get a file, but not Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy Dissidia) because he's literally the exact same Leon from FF VIII. However Leon from Kingdom Hearts can have a file, same with Cloud and Yuffie in their KH incarnations.

If Weekly is suggesting the characters in BBxTB are different in the same manner that the FF characters in KH are different, they can have files, people.

@Sera Weekly's lying. They are the EXACT SAME person. They're literally thrown into the world to fight from their own world. THAT is the whole plot of Cross Tag

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dragon the first time you ever see Ruby she leads with trying to kill Ragna just because she doesnt who he is or where she is. That is a direct 180 from her friendly personality.
False. The first thing she tries to do is take out Ragna to get his crystal. Why? To get back to her world. That's literally the main plot of the game.

Thing is, I don't think Weekly is denying Smash characters having files, so mentioning Smash to debunk his argument is weird.

And come on Glass, don't go saying people are lying. "He's misinformed" would be better.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dragon Not false in any way shape or form
It really is. She tried to get a jump on Ragna to get his crystal and return home. System XX gave the rules at the start and explained that's how they were to get home. So yes, it's false.

Plus Ruby trying to kill people just to get something in an of itself is severely out of character for her

@Sera I've made some profiles for characters involved in a crossover between Monogatari and Magia Record. They're essentially characters originally from Monogatari in a parallel world where they made a wish to Kyubey before their character arc got resolved in the original series, giving them different designs and magical girl powers.

They're far from carbon copies of the original characters, but they're not quite original as much of their backstory is from the original series, only diverging partway through the backstory. They're also not quite exclusives.

EDIT: My bad, I didn't properly read your part about FF characters in KH, sounds like my example would probably be fine then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back