• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question on the tier for a character I'm creating

Hi, I apologize in advance if this is not the right section but I need an explanation of a character I'm creating. I named him Athun "The Cosmic Warrior", it's a sort of cosmic entity. Anyway, I'm a little confused about what to put it on. It is an entity outside time and space, it was not created, I would say ... that at a certain point it woke up and began to exist. He woke up in a dimension known as Outerverse, a dimension that can be described as an infinite white room where only Athun and ... the multiverse, composed mostly of a cluster containing multiple universes and relative timelines in each pod. Leaving aside his powers (He has no omnipotence, omniscience and things like that) he can get inside every pod and destroy it with ease, if he wanted he could destroy all the pods but you never thought about it ... after all the first thing you do when you start to exist / wake up don't think about destroying the only thing that's there with you.

Ps.sorry for my bad english.

It sort of depends on the exact nature of your verse. I'd say it's at the very least 2A, but very likely at least 1C. He could be as high as 1A, but I doubt it.

It sounds like you're going for a 1A character, but think about the nature of your verse and if the character is really beyond dimensional. "Beyond time and space" doesn't necessarily mean beyond dimensional.

So here are some questions to ask yourself. How many dimensions would you consider a pod to have? It has multiple universes, so it could be 5D or higher, but a construct made of multiple universes is definitely not necessarily 5D. The reason I think these pods might be 5D is because you describe them as being able to contain universes, so they are probably dimensionally superior to universes.

If you're not sure, a good place to start is by considering how many universes a pod has.

Furthermore, you go on to say he could destroy every pod. Do you mean he could do so with a single attack, or he would have to destroy them one by one? And what is the dimensional nature of the construct that contains all pods? I'd say it's very likely at least one dimension higher than the pods themselves, if not more. So, so far, my estimate is that this pod construct is 6 or 7 dimensional. And if you character can destroy this entire construct, that would put him at tier 1C.

However, it's possible that it could be higher if his power extends beyond the pod construct, but you'd have to elaborate on that for me to be sure.

But TL;DR, based only on what you've told us here, I'd say your character is tier 1C.

Ok, let's start calmly. First of all, I always get a little confused with things that go beyond universes in 3D. However, my story takes place in one of those pods. Each pod has a "main universe" if you can define it,and parallel universes, you know ... alternative timelines, universes that answer the question "What if it happened in another way", in other words a universe and infinite alternative versions of that universe in one pod. now, to destroy a single pod Athun does it easily, simply by touching it, destroying the infinite pods instead with a little more effort ... and repeat the cluster is made up of infinite pods.

So, I still think the pods are 5 dimensional, but they could be 6 dimensional. A dimension just adds two new opposing directions. So space is 3D, because there are 6 main directions. Every other direction is just some combination of the main 6. If you add time, you get 4 dimensions, because we have 2 new directions. Forward and backwards in time.

Beyond that, it's a little harder to visualize, but this pod has to be at least 5 dimensional, because none of the normal 8 directions will get you to an alternate timeline, so we need a fifth dimension for that.

So I'm sure a pod is at least 5 dimensional, but if to see if it might be more, think if there's another direction one can go, besides the spaital directions, forward and backwards in time, and between timelines.

Also, is a pod just the collection of timelines, or is there some kind of substance that actually makes up the pod and contains the timelines?

Moving between pods definitely seems like a new direction, so the structure of pods is at least 1 dimension higher than the pods themselves. But it might be even more than that. Are there multiple new directions between pods?

So your character, can, at the very least, destroy 6-dimensional constructs, which would make him at least tier Low 1C. But it's very possible he can destroy 7 or 8 dimensional constructs, which is 1C.

obviously each pod has at least 4 dimensions, time is a constant. And anyway the term "pod" is only a metaphor, the closest thing it describes is with the theory of the bubble multiverse. However this is the image that comes closest to how I imagine the cluster.

85b32be2-22f7-11e8-a436-24de696829ee
for those that look like galaxies, imaginal like universes

moreover one can move between the temporal lines and also in other pods, but this can be done only through portals, the protagonists of my story can do it and also Athun. I don't know if it can be relevant but the main universe is cyclical, it follows the Big Crunch theory. You see, according to the origins of my story, Athun visited the universe that preceded my history, and he sacrificed himself ... causing an implosion of the universe and its power divided into several parts, 90% turned into rings and the remain 8% in cosmic energy absorbed by two survivors of the previous universe turning them into cosmic entities and allowing them to shape the new universe. In the end a 2% in cosmic energy that will eventually collapse creating a new universe and so on.

Back