• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is creating/destroying a limitless space considered high 3a?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To reach the high 3a level, we need to create/destroy an infinite space, but would creating an unlimited space be sufficient to reach the high 3a level?

For example, let's say there's a character, X, in any universe. This character has created a space where X, Y, Z coordinates are valid. When you try to move in the X direction, you end up back at the beginning. The same happens when you try to move in the Y or Z directions.

As far as I know, the definition of unlimited is when you move from a certain x position in the D direction and after a certain period, you return to the x position again.

Infinity refers to things that have no beginning and no end, for example, the set of natural numbers is infinite. Now, coming to the main point of the problem, if creating/destroying infinite space is considered high 3a, then can creating/destroying something unlimited also be considered high 3a?

Last edited:
The answer is a resounding yes, assuming "unlimited space" very clearly refers to the space itself having no physical limit to its size or scale.

The answer is a resounding yes, assuming "unlimited space" very clearly refers to the space itself having no physical limit to its size or scale.
"If it turns out like the example I gave, will it be considered high 3a? That is, you move from the X coordinate, and after a certain time you return to the X coordinate. Can such an area be considered high 3a?"

Unlimited, limitless, infinite, endless, boundless, unending, they're just synonyms of each other. All you need to do is prove that the physical space they are in has no physical limit to speak of, the coordinate stuff is unneeded.

Sınırsız, sınırsız, sonsuz, sonsuz, sınırsız, sonsuz, bunlar sadece birbirinin eş anlamlısı. Tek yapmanız gereken, bulundukları fiziksel alanın fiziksel bir sınırı olmadığını, koordinat şeysine gerek olmadığını kanıtlamak.
thanks

First let me explain you the difference between infinite and unlimited. For example, it could be empty space. Let's think of all space as a flat surface, extending infinitely in all directions. No matter how far we go, if we cannot reach a limit of this space, it will be both infinite and unlimited. On the other hand, let's think of space as the surface of a ball. We cannot reach the border of space by walking in this space. What we will do is continually return to where we were before. Therefore, this space has no boundaries, but we can say that it is finite because its size is finite, that is, this space is not infinite. Now let me explain the part of how many tiers it gives. "x", "y" and "z" coordinates generally refer to space coordinates. These coordinates are used to define the location of a point in three-dimensional space. "x" usually represents the horizontal axis, "y" represents the vertical axis, and "z" is considered the depth axis. These coordinates are used to define a specific location of a point in space, if there are celestial objects in that space, this can be accepted for tier 3-A.

First let me explain you the difference between infinite and unlimited. For example, it could be empty space. Let's think of all space as a flat surface, extending infinitely in all directions. No matter how far we go, if we cannot reach a limit of this space, it will be both infinite and unlimited. On the other hand, let's think of space as the surface of a ball. We cannot reach the border of space by walking in this space. What we will do is continually return to where we were before. Therefore, this space has no boundaries, but we can say that it is finite because its size is finite, that is, this space is not infinite. Now let me explain the part of how many tiers it gives. "x", "y" and "z" coordinates generally refer to space coordinates. These coordinates are used to define the location of a point in three-dimensional space. "x" usually represents the horizontal axis, "y" represents the vertical axis, and "z" is considered the depth axis. These coordinates are used to define a specific location of a point in space, if there are celestial objects in that space, this can be accepted for tier 3-A.
Thanks for the detailed explanation, but aren't infinite and unlimited synonymous?

Unlimited, limitless, infinite, endless, boundless, unending, they're just synonyms of each other. All you need to do is prove that the physical space they are in has no physical limit to speak of, the coordinate stuff is unneeded.
Let's imagine a universe , you constantly move around like a sphere and come to the same point, this means that the universe is unlimited, it means that it is not infinite in size.

Let's imagine a universe , you constantly move around like a sphere and come to the same point, this means that the universe is unlimited, it means that it is not infinite in size.
We do not say the beginning, it is directly the shape of the universe, so as I said, a context is required for unlimited and infinite to be the same.
This is a hyper-specific scenario that almost no fiction will abide by most of the time, so it is inapplicable for our cases. In no reasonable circumstances would a statement of a universe having "unlimited space" be considered finite in size. Anything else would just be bordering on blatant disregard of the English language and needless pedantry and semantics.

The shape of the universe has nothing to do with statements of "unlimited container space" or "no physical limit", both of them refer to the universe being infinite in size AKA it can never be filled up AKA it goes on in all directions forever, none of this "Move around in a sphere and come back to the same point" (Which would already make it not unlimited, infinite or endless).

I share the same sentiments as KLOL and Planck. All this other stuff is kind of a nothing burger since, objectively speaking, “unlimited” and “infinite” are synonyms

This is a hyper-specific scenario that almost no fiction will abide by most of the time, so it is inapplicable for our cases. In no reasonable circumstances would a statement of a universe having "unlimited space" be considered finite in size. Anything else would just be bordering on blatant disregard of the English language and needless pedantry and semantics.

The shape of the universe has nothing to do with statements of "unlimited container space" or "no physical limit", both of them refer to the universe being infinite in size AKA it can never be filled up AKA it goes on in all directions forever, none of this "Move around in a sphere and come back to the same point" (Which would already make it not unlimited, infinite or endless).
Fiction can be a specific thing already encountering these situations

unlimited means without limits, infinite means without beginning and without end, but unlimited can have a beginning, I will explain that, in mathematics, something unlimited means that we can always find a larger or smaller value. For example:

The set of natural numbers (ℕ): ℕ = {1, 2, 3, ...}. After any natural number we can always find a larger natural number. Therefore, the set of natural numbers is infinite.

I will give another example
The set of real numbers (ℝ): ℝ is a set containing all rational and irrational numbers. After any real number, we can always find a larger or smaller real number. Therefore, the set of real numbers is also infinite.

Now let me explain infinity
The set of natural numbers (ℕ): ℕ has infinitely many elements. After any natural number we can always find a larger natural number, which means that there are infinitely many elements.

The concepts of unlimited and infinite are closely related mathematically. If something is unlimited, then it must have an infinite number of elements. However, something that has an infinite number of elements need not be unbounded. For example
The set of rational numbers (ℚ): ℚ is a set containing all fractions. ℚ has an infinite number of elements, but it is finite in both directions. For example, we can find a rational number less than 1/2 or greater than 2. Therefore, the set of rational numbers is not infinite.

Fiction can be a specific thing already encountering these situations

unlimited means without limits, infinite means without beginning and without end, but unlimited can have a beginning, I will explain that, in mathematics, something unlimited means that we can always find a larger or smaller value. For example:

The set of natural numbers (ℕ): ℕ = {1, 2, 3, ...}. After any natural number we can always find a larger natural number. Therefore, the set of natural numbers is infinite.

I will give another example
The set of real numbers (ℝ): ℝ is a set containing all rational and irrational numbers. After any real number, we can always find a larger or smaller real number. Therefore, the set of real numbers is also infinite.

Now let me explain infinity
The set of natural numbers (ℕ): ℕ has infinitely many elements. After any natural number we can always find a larger natural number, which means that there are infinitely many elements.

The concepts of unlimited and infinite are closely related mathematically. If something is unlimited, then it must have an infinite number of elements. However, something that has an infinite number of elements need not be unbounded. For example
The set of rational numbers (ℚ): ℚ is a set containing all fractions. ℚ has an infinite number of elements, but it is finite in both directions. For example, we can find a rational number less than 1/2 or greater than 2. Therefore, the set of rational numbers is not infinite.
I will add another example for the infinite set of integers (ℤ): ℤ = {..., -2, -1, 0, 1, 2, ...}. The set of integers is unbounded in both directions, meaning that we can always find a larger or smaller integer. Therefore, the set of integers is also infinite.

Again, this is just needless pedantry to distinguish unlimited and infinite.

As Planck said, if a construct is stated to have unlimited space, we have absolutely zero reason to assume the author is making overtly-specific statements with regards to curvatures in space time or references to infinites.

As far as I know, the definition of unlimited is when you move from a certain x position in the D direction and after a certain period, you return to the x position again.
Assuming direction hasn't changed in this context I don't think would assume this to be an infinite space maybe if the character had infinite or time but otherwise I don't think this definition is tierable

Your explanation was very nice, thank you. Well, doesn't it change depending on the context in the unlimited and infinite verse?

Is your explanation the same for infinite/unlimited energy? Does the same apply?

The answer to the question is that destroying an unlimited space is High 3-A. Infinite and unlimited are synonymous. That's all.

The question has its answer, so this can be closed.

Using mathematics to unironically proven the other sets that is infinite

There is no need to over complicated the matter with mathematics let alone overlooking the scientific aspect as we thinking from a dimension viewpoint, not a strict mathematical viewpoint, as we have to use graphs to mathematically calculate the universe and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back