• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

question about the beyonder

Status
Not open for further replies.
so currently beyonder is high 1-B for being an infinite dimensional being but i came across a scan that kind of confused me
Beyonder and owen

here the beyonder and molecule man are supposedly outside infinite dimensions that make up the multiverse. i dont know much about dimensions so im not sure what this really means....

Link doesn't work.

Regardless, Beyonder is only High 1-B in his own realm, and High 1-C out of it (same as Molecule Man), so it is very possible for him to not be infinite dimensional all the time.

The real cal howard said:
Link doesn't work.
Regardless, Beyonder is only High 1-B in his own realm, and High 1-C out of it (same as Molecule Man), so it is very possible for him to not be infinite dimensional all the time.
yeah the link doesnt work but i put the picture here

He's saying he's in a realm outside of the multiverse which consists of infinite dimensions, I guess that should be 1-A.

FTW395 said:
He's saying he's in a realm outside of the multiverse which consists of infinite dimensions, I guess that should be 1-A.
so why isnt he? 1-A is beyond infinite dimensions and owen said they were outside of all of existence, a realm outside of infinite dimensions

Starkiller215 said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Marvel_Character_Statistics_Scaling is how it goes. @Daniel I will admit that depending on who wrote this particular scan may upgrade the beyonder (Pre-Recon). Also not to mention the writers tend to differ in opinions as well
shouldnt we rely on the beyonders best feats rather than lower feats? marvel is inconsistent so we should rely on the best feats. or maybe possible 1-A

@Daniel I can see it maybe possibly 1-A, but consider there are inconsistencies with Marvel itself, we have to go with his best feats.

Starkiller215 said:
@Daniel I can see it maybe possibly 1-A, but consider there are inconsistencies with Marvel itself, we have to go with his best feats.
yeah this is still canon for pre retcon beyonder and we cant just ignore it like it doesnt exist just because its inconsistent. the scan showing beyonder being an infinite dimensional being seems a lot more vague than this one where they were very clear about beyonder and molecule man being in an area beyond dimensions

Looks like the terminology could be referring to dimensions as universes, not actual dimensions.

@Promestein Two problems with this. It is quite possible it might have got retconned in the later comic series due to different writers or inconsistencies. I not so sure when this scan take places, but it look like it is definitely in 20th century.

Beyonder's other feat explicitly describes the Beyond Realm as infinite-dimensional, which is why he is 1-B.

Promestein said:
Looks like the terminology could be referring to dimensions as universes, not actual dimensions.
since there's no way of telling whether molecule man was referring to dimensions or universes, could beyonder be possibly 1-A? since hes literally outside of infinite dimensions. and isnt there only one scan of beyonder being called infinite dimensional.

https://www.loungeforums.com/i/embe...%2Fu%2Ff97%2F19%2F00%2F38%2F35%2Finfini10.jpg

this one right? this seems rather vague, whereas here they were clearly stated to be outside of infinite dimensions

Marvel usually uses the term dimension to refer to parallell universes with different laws of physics, especially when referring to a Multiverse, whereas the scan in the last post is very specific about that it means dimensions in the term of different directions, when comparing 3-Dimensional space with his normal state of being.

In addition, even if the multiverse had been infinite-dimensional, being outside of and beyond it would usually still only mean a higher degree of infinite dimensions.

So, the Beyonder should preferably stay as High 1-B.

Antvasima said:
Marvel usually uses the term dimension to refer to parallell universes with different laws of physics, especially when referring to a Multiverse, whereas the scan in the last post is very specific about that it means dimensions in the term of different directions, when comparing 3-Dimensional space with his normal state of being.
In addition, even if the multiverse had been infinite-dimensional, being outside of and beyond it would usually still only mean a higher degree of infinite dimensions.

So, the Beyonder should preferably stay as High 1-B.
what about this scan

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11127/111270187/4982191-7060194038-203539.jpeg

Given that it contradicts the very specific previous scan that states that the Beyond Realm is infinite-dimensional, I think that we can only interpret it as being beyond the time and space in the Marvel multiverse, which is consistent with High 1-B.

Antvasima said:
Given that it contradicts the very specific previous scan that states that the Beyond Realm is infinite-dimensional, I think that we can only interpret it as being beyond the time and space in the Marvel multiverse, which is consistent with High 1-B.
the beyonder said he will expand and fill that place to become the beyond realm again. isnt this implying that this place is the beyond realm just without him? the previous scan just says "having 3 dimensions instead of an infinite number". that doesnt outright say that hes an infinite dimensional being. but you're probably right

Given that he is the Beyond Realm, it does in fact say that he is infinite-dimensional, but since you seem to agree, I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back