• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

question about marvel and dc 4-b herald tiers

soulusboy

He/Him
How come marvel 4-B's have tiers like 5-A, 4-B at peak and the justification comes directly from their powers or from statements that they hold back but dc characters don't despite the fact there would likely be similar situations?

this is a genuine question

DC supporters would rather nudge Darkseid's profile 90 times more, than ever fix basic mechanics in their verse.

It's essentially a dead verse for anything not tier 2

And note, it's not as simple as just "find hold back statements", DC has no mid tiers on wiki, everyone is scaled in some way to Superman and co. (Don't know who's the mastermind behind THAT oversight) they'll all drop to 8-C (Batman tier)

Last edited:
FanOfRPGs said:
I could be wrong, but from what I have seen I honestly wouldn't mind herald level Marvel getting the upgrades as opposed to DC, from what I have seen. Marvel tends to be more blatant in its approach to showcasing universal feats. Ergo a physical universe, a parallel reality in its full scope, is physically being destroyed. DC tends to appreciate the abstract and esoteric more, which I feel goes over many debater's heads without the needed context, and "universal" feats thus tend to be either some thematic metaphor, an illusion based on the well of the target's soul, or mind or consciousness, or just unscalable to the objective reality of characters. These "feats" thus are found to be debunked on the grounds that a character is within the Godsphere as a thoughtform doing the feat which doubtless they cannot replicate in realspace, the feat is a figment of the user's dreams or subconscious reality and not a physical reality, or any such thing. This would be like the Infinite Book, Dominus, Where is Thy Sting/Man of Tomorrow #15, and Queen of Fables. The disparate remainder of cosmic feats, at last, are outright bogus scaling chains based on vague misnomers or misinterpretations of a character's nature. This would be like the Red King or Cythonna or any such thing. Marvel is different, from what I have read. They tend to dive headfirst into showing a physical feat without any disqualifying context or esoteric underpinning. This is just me conjecturing. I am far more knowledgeable on DC than Marvel but that's the feeling I get. Moreso I am getting at is when people push for upgrades, when it comes to Marvel it's an unambiguous "haha universe go boom from clap" while DC it's "Superman fought X who scales to Y who has Z nature which could mean A"

Those profiles are pretty outdated ngl. And everyone having 4B tier just by punching Superman or Superboy once is just... Wrong.

Back