• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FanofRPGs

VS Battles
Retired
So we have two calculations for the Green lantern where he or a construct of his does a cross-universal speed feat. Are there any other such speed feats? I would appreciate it if some can be posted, perhaps with the issue number too.

Darkseid had a feat calc'd recently at 52-ish quintillion times FTL and it's on his profile.

Then of course there's Wonder Woman reacting to the Shattered God's attacks.

Yes, but that may be an outlier, given how ridiculously high it is above everything else she or Superman have done.

Not really, the Shattered God feat is in the tens to hundreds of quintillions of times FTL, right on par with Darkseid's universe feat. And Superman has a history of fighting against Darkseid.

Though Matt was the one who advocated for such feats so I suggest that he be the one to mainly discuss it.

Okay. I suppose that seems more warranted then.

@klol506 Both the shattered god and Darkseid feat, given a recent conversation I had on the Flash, is higher by orders of millions and billions than Wally West's best calculable unamped speed feat (Outrunning the nuke). Those, alongside Green Lantern's feats I have found, are the only 4 such instances out of dozens of FTL feats and then there is a possibility the universe is either far, far larger than 100 trillion light years, or is possibly infinite, that it is either unreasonably an obvious outlier or even unquantifiable

I mostly just want to see if there are any more Green Lantern feats that may prove otherwise

I have seen those and no not argue against them, Superman also has 2 attoseconds feats, crossed to a galaxy in minutes, etc.

However all of those feats are on a far comparatively lower scale than THE GL, Shattered God, and Darkseid's feats. Even Flash doesn't have a quantifiable feat (Where he isn't amped) as high as those

Wait, Supes has attosecond feats? I thought only Barry had them.

KLOL506 said:
Wait, Supes has attosecond feats? I thought only Barry had them.
An author stated he can slow his perception to operate in attoseconds and in Rebirth sueprman stopped a gunshot in an attosecond, both feats would be in the high millions to low trillions range

The Rebirth Feat:

https://imgur.com/a/WroE00F

Assuming Superman was 2-3 meters away, that is 6,671,281,900c-10,006,922,900c

Here is the interview statement:

It's a fair question, to be sure. I wasn't thinking of Superman "activating" his superspeed perceptions, like it was a light switch that could be turned on and off, so much as it was shifting his perceptions to bring superspeed events and sounds into focus. Like the human eye looking at something small and close up and then adjusting when the viewer looks at something large and far away, I think Superman is perceiving all of these things, ALL of the time, and it's just a question of what he chooses to focus on. But I think Superman is also capable of focusing on macro-scale, "normal" speed events at a rate something similar to that in the typical human range, so that he wouldn't spend a subjective eternity between each word in every sentence that Lois says to him. Similarly, he can chose to perceive visual information much like we do, or he can expand his perceptions and see far into the electromagnetic spectrum, or narrow his focus far enough to see individual atoms. But just like he doesn't see Lois as merely a cloud of electrons, neutrons, and protons, he doesn't perceive every second as composed of a huge number of attosecond-scale events--unless he wants to, of course.
But that's just one fan's opinion, too!

Best,
Chris Roberson''
~ Interview​
IDK if this is calcable, I could do a time stretching thing but nah

Superman's best two feats are flying to Rao and flying across the universe. The latter one may not be an outlier necessarily if the unvierse is 100,000,000,000,000 light years, but I have seen compelling arguments that it is much, much bigger.

Would you be kind enough as to post scans that indicate that the Post-Crisis Universe is bigger?

KLOL506 said:
Would you be kind enough as to post scans that indicate that the Post-Crisis Universe is bigger?
There is a possibility it is infinite

https://i.imgur.com/tmla7lu.jpg

Do note it also states it is expanding

http://web.archive.org/web/20181009...emonicEnity地獄の炎PrimeCOCAINE/posts/TU24ZKKhZEd

While I distrust Google+'s biases, this seems reasonable as we do know the universe is expanding. I just would need to find proof of the universe's age and the scans again.

But if this is legitimate, cross universal feats would result in such ridiculous numbers one would have no choice but to not accept them

Green Lantern doesh ave another cross-universal feat, in Post-Flashpoint, but it soundsl ike he is really exerting himself as he goes to the limit of his will power and is forcing a speed-force singularity to do so

The scan you posted is from 2018 tho. That's Rebirth, not Post-Crisis.

The other link might make sense, but perhaps we could get more experts on it.

KLOL506 said:
The scan you posted is from 2018 tho. That's Rebirth, not Post-Crisis.
The other link might make sense, but perhaps we could get more experts on it.
Yeah I didn't know if it was New 52 or Rebirth so I just broadly said "Post Flashpoint"

I have to unsibscribe to this thread due to time constraints. You can send me a message later if you need my help after you reach a conclusion.

So I think these higher end feats might be outliers. I will elaborate why by first posting the fastest feats for each character except for the super high ends.

• Superman's is flying to Rao in Infinite Crisis #7: 266,871,656,924.74c
I need to recheck on Green Lantern(s)

But here are the best feats for each of the main JLA as I remember, aside for the super high ends.

Now for the high ends, they all commonly involve cross-universal feats. These include:

• Superman intercepting the "Reality Blitzing Missiles" in Final Crisis - Superman Beyond: Unquantifiable because Superman was in the Monitor Sphere or Limbo, I forget which, which renders the universe infinitesimal and quite easy to blitz, nevermind that physics barely exists on such a plane of existence
  • All of the Flash's feats in "The Human Race" from the Flash Vol 2 Issue 136-138: The main one I am looking at, the 351,941,761,400,000,000,000c feat, where which Flash probably still had the remnants of his trans-time velocity amp and regardless, was stated to be fast enough to circle Jay Garrick and Superman a million times over. So this would not scale to anyone in the first place.
  • New 52 Superman flying from the edge of the universe to Earth in 2 months: Calculated at 273,750,000,000c but keep in mind that the universe is 100 trillion light years, meaning it could be 600,000,000,000,000c. This is heavily inconsistent with any Post Flashpoint Feat, even for possibly for Flash and Green Lantern but I may be wrong here
  • Darkseid and Highfather fly to the Source Wall in New Gods (1995) issue 10: 52,703,127,041,308,024,832c , I really don't have much to say here in terms of the veracity of the feat except wouldn't they be in their larger fourth world boomtube forms? That would make them 100,000+ to trillions+ larger than usual, no?
These are the only such feats from Post Crisis and Post Flashpoint that I could find, these 8 feats. 3 of them are unquantifiable, unusable, or unscalable, meaning it's 5 feats. These 5 feats, however, are dozens of times at a low end, to millions upon billions of times at a high end, faster than any other feat priorly mentioned. They are effectively outliers, especially given the first feats I listed above were highest consistent end feats I could find. Most of their cross-stellar, cross-galactic, nanosecond, picosecond, femtosecond, attosecond, their photon dodging, etc feats only bring a range from FTL to low trillions of times FTL, and there are dozens of those.

Pretty sure we only accept Post-Crisis universes as over 100 trillion light years big.

KLOL506 said:
Pretty sure we only accept Post-Crisis universes as over 100 trillion light years big.
Even at just 100 trillion light years, these feats are still far too high compared to others.

Bump

So it seems that I have gotten no further proof, and as I understand the GL speeds work on different mechanisms. Is it possible the speed of the JLA be downgraded from quintillions/quadrillions c to billions/trillions?

Back