• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Hand rework, minor Green Lantern additions, and possible Entity Upgrades

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
May seem like a lot, but trust me it's not.
Black Hand's page is bad yadda yadda, it uses feats from Flashpoint onward, has no sources, and is super incomplete. Here's my rework. Black Hand, like every GL character, went through no changes after the Crisis, and is treated as the same character, which is why I have stuff from both pre and post crisis on his page.
As for minor GL additions, here's a few missing powers
  1. Sand Manipulation. Black Hand is the one doing it, but he did it via stealing their powers (Green Lantern Vol 2 205)
  2. Smoke Manipulation. Same justification as above (Green Lantern Vol 2 29)
  3. Quantum Manipulation. A construct/life form born from Hal's imagination could manipulate things on a quantum level (Willworld)
  4. Immersion. At full power, his imagination became a universe (Willworld)
  5. Life Manipulation. Said universe was filled with life (Willworld) (Alternatively we can use the weird shit from Life and Testament of Hal Jordan)
  6. Shapeshiftng. Can change his physical form (Willworld)
As for Entities.
  1. Parallax rips the face off The Spectre, but is ultimately defeated. Later, Nekron causes him great pain just with his presence. (Green lantern Vol 4 51 or 52)
  2. Nekron at full power was capable of briefly fighting the Anti-Monitor, though was defeated by the White Lantern Corps (Blackest Night Vol 1 8)
So, I suggest At least 2-C, possibly 2-A, or just 2-A via scaling to Spectre and Anti-Monitor respectively.

Please let me know if anything is wrong. I wrote this when I was very tired and kinda sick.

Last edited:
Before anyone mentions, can we save the discussion regarding the tiering of the Willworld stuff for later? It's a very weird book with a weird conclusion and I feel like it should be discussed later.

Everything with Black Hand and the GL ability additions looks good.
As for Entities.
  1. Parallax rips the face off The Spectre, but is ultimately defeated. Later, Nekron causes him great pain just with his presence. (Green lantern Vol 4 51 or 52)
  2. Nekron at full power was capable of briefly fighting the Anti-Monitor, though was defeated by the White Lantern Corps (Blackest Night Vol 1 8)
So, I suggest At least 2-C, possibly 2-A, or just 2-A via scaling to Spectre and Anti-Monitor respectively.
I would drop the “but is ultimately defeated” from Parallax since it’s not like he lost due to Spectre overpowering him or something like that.

Anti-Monitor is 2-C in base, so Nekron fighting him wouldn’t change much, and Spectre is… weird. Parallax separated him from the corpse of Crispus Allen, so afaik, that would be Unbound Spectre, who is Low 1-C, not 2-A.

Anti-Monitor's stats are...weird, I feel like they were retroactively downgraded to match Pre-Crisis Kryptonians to not disrupt the scaling chain which seems...wrong, especially when the feats to justify that are 2-A, 3-B, and 2-C respectively. But I guess that's for another time.

boop. Cleaned the page up, glad no one noticed he was lackng an intelligence section ovo (granted, there's not much going on in his head)

One potential power I missed was Supernatural Willpower. I don't have a scan on me, but it's sometimes mentioned (usually by himself so take from that what you wll) that he contains very strong willpower, which is why he can use Green Lantern energy so easily. I guess a practical example of this s how took losing his hand...better then most people I gess.

Edit: Will probably make a Black Lantern Corps page for halloween.

mobius was constantly being drained to be the battery for the Black lanter (plus this is after SW aka tier 4 AM) although he was stronger than all the corps combined.

I think we can ignore the Anti-Monitor stuff for now at least, because it does create a scaling chain issue since it would mean a weakened Anti-Monitor is roughly equal to Unbound Spectre. There's still the Spectre scaling but that could be an outlier.

Unbound Spectre > Bound Spectre and AM fought an amped bound Spectre originally. And then later on was different with black lantern stuff. So yeah, huge issues.

I think the tiering is fine, Black Hand isn't a serious threat, but he's still always shown on par with Green Lanterns (weaker yet comparable)

Aren't the tier 2 statistics intended for his Post-Crisis, rather than his Pre-Crisis, incarnation? That seems exaggerated to me.

No it's for Pre-Crisis, Post-Crisis is listed "9-C physically. Varies, up to at least 5-A with the Power Rod"

Check like, the key listings at the bottom

Oh. I didn't notice the draft page link. I only read the first post of this thread, and nothing else. This is probably mostly fine to apply then, although I don't think that any of our current Pre-Crisis scaling allows for 2-C alone.

No it seems valid, he claims to have absorbed half of Green Lantern's power as a whole, leaving Green Lantern himself at half capacity.

Okay, but isn't Pre-Crisis Green Lantern currently scaled as "At least 2-C, possibly 2-A"?

Isn't Green Lantern's 2-A from a really weird scenario? One which shouldn't be scaleable to anyoen except Hal Jordan?

Well, from the Green Lantern Corps as a whole, but it would be much better if we can find Pre-Crisis feats to scale individual members from, yes.

Oh. I didn't notice the draft page link. I only read the first post of this thread, and nothing else. This is probably mostly fine to apply then, although I don't think that any of our current Pre-Crisis scaling allows for 2-C alone.
Has what has been accepted here been applied yet?

Okay. Thank you for the reply. I don't remember seeing edits for these pages during my wiki edit-patrolling, so that is why I asked.

Back