• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Gaias ability to seemingly resist the root.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shiki in FGO stated that she couldn't defeat a true beast of Gaia.

Manaka in prototype wanted to realize Saber's wish of an eternal Britain, but the world could easily reverse this change.

Archetype Earth is immune to the MEODP, which is linked to the root.

Due to these cases, would it be safe to assume that nasuverse planets have a limited resistance against the root?

Not a resistance per se, think of Gaia being a block or gate preventing Shiki and Manaka from accessing their source of power. Thats how she also sends the red shadows to kill potential magicians. Gaia can block the source of power but can’t do anything to anyone who accesses it.
Manakas problem wasn’t Gaia changing back the effects, it was her mana circuits

quick correction, nasu says this :
For example, Tohno Shiki from "Tsukihime" normally can't cut concepts like Shiki does, but that's because the specs of the Mystic's Eye's user's brain is different. Tohno Shiki is not suited in the aspect of recognizing "concepts".

I'm pretty sure Sion later says in Melty Blood that Tohno should be able to cut concepts beyond human comprehension so I'm not sure whether this is a contradiction or a retcon. I may be misremembering but Tohno's circuits that operate MEoDP grow stronger with time which would make the most sense since it takes quite a long while after Tsukihime.
In the fight against near-perfect lifeform Arcueid, isn't it stated that Tohno can only see lines during the day but at night, they don't appear unless she's weakened?

As for the Ryougi FGO stuff, I looked it up on tri-Hermes, is this what you're referring to?
Ryougi Shiki: True, we'll be done here if that's a real Monster of Gaia, but... he's just a defective Monster of Alaya.

My best bet is that Ryougi is in a servant container and therefore at a conceptual disadvantage and she actually still needs to land a hit to kill anything.
So if that's true, it's not that her MEoDP doesn't work on it, she just wouldn't be able to kill it. Unless servants aren't considered primates or some other factor is present then I have no answer.

I'm pretty sure Sion later says in Melty Blood that Tohno should be able to cut concepts beyond human comprehension so I'm not sure whether this is a contradiction or a retcon. I may be misremembering but Tohno's circuits that operate MEoDP grow stronger with time which would make the most sense since it takes quite a long while after Tsukihime.
In the fight against near-perfect lifeform Arcueid, isn't it stated that Tohno can only see lines during the day but at night, they don't appear unless she's weakened?

As for the Ryougi FGO stuff, I looked it up on tri-Hermes, is this what you're referring to?
Ryougi Shiki: True, we'll be done here if that's a real Monster of Gaia, but... he's just a defective Monster of Alaya.

My best bet is that Ryougi is in a servant container and therefore at a conceptual disadvantage and she actually still needs to land a hit to kill anything.
So if that's true, it's not that her MEoDP doesn't work on it, she just wouldn't be able to kill it. Unless servants aren't considered primates or some other factor is present then I have no answer.
servants arent considerd humans, Angra, who has a conceptual advantage over humans says that he's useless against servants

thats for normal fp arc, for archetype earth, the lines just don't appear at all

servants arent considerd humans, Angra, who has a conceptual advantage over humans says that he's useless against servants
Good point, no clue what the reason is then.

thats for normal fp arc, for archetype earth, the lines just don't appear at all
Right, I guess the Nasu quote you brought up earlier still has something to do with that. Although I'll try to find the Sion quote later to see if something since then has changed. I'm exhausted from looking at Tsukihime stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back