• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question About DMC (the orignal)

Mainly the about the demon Blitz Since I have a friend That's skeptical about Pretty much everything and We are trying to decide Dante's speed because reasons. I was wondering Why it's considered to move as fast natural lightning

Just one more Question if you don't mind and this is actually a question I have Why does that apply to Dante's Travel speed?

It doesn't apply to his travel speed.

Dante reacts to point blank lightning, so does the people he scale too.

Um unless I'm misreading the profile

Dante is MHS+ because he can keep up/move faster then griffon and Blitz lightning But that MHS+ isn't his combat or reaction speed

(Though I'm a bit iffy on the griffon one since I don't recall being able to dodge the lightning that comes from top to bottom but I could be wrong)

The one from the orignal devil may Cry "Massively Hypersonic+ with Sub-Relativistic combat speed and reactions" It says this about Dantes Speed for 1,4 and the anime.

It's possible with Quicksilver though, since he can literally run circles around Vergil as he attacks, who has MHS+ combat speeds.

Jesterofgames said:
The one from the orignal devil may Cry "Massively Hypersonic+ with Sub-Relativistic combat speed and reactions" It says this about Dantes Speed for 1,4 and the anime.
Your point?

My point is why is his travel speed MHS+ in DMC 1,4 and the anime? It says he's faster then the cloud to ground lightning from blitz and griffon But he's only dodged it to my knowledge Unless I'm missing something.

Ok I think there is a little miscommunication I'm wondering Why Abigail is MHS+ in movement speed I know his reaction and combat speed are based off the calculation. But does he move in this Scene in comparison to his lightning? Or is he scaled to blitz and Nevan in general since he should be faster then them?

Jesterofgames said:
My point is why is his travel speed MHS+ in DMC 1,4 and the anime? It says he's faster then the cloud to ground lightning from blitz and griffon But he's only dodged it to my knowledge Unless I'm missing something.
I think you're looking for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRZtFMozR6c

00:03 - 00:05 He doesn't just dodge it. He blocks it after making contact with lightning at base form.

Unite My Rice said:
That's more like ground to cloud lightning which is about 1/3 the speed of light.

From Wiki with citations: In some cases, a ground to cloud (GC) lightning flash may originate from a positively charged region on the ground below a storm. These discharges normally originate from the tops of very tall structures, such as communications antennas. The rate at which the return stroke current travels has been found to be around 1×10^8 m/s

Ah Well I specifically meant griffon with the top to bottom lighting

Also Are you sure he blocked? I ask because the royal guard gauge doesn't go up

No you didn't, you said blitz and griffon. But yeah again I get your point, it's the way the sentence is constructed that's why I got confused.

Yeah, else he would have taken damage. And the Royal Gauge did go up

With the griffon and blitz I was talking about the Dantes travel speed being MHS.

And 1. I didn't see the guard gauge go up plus I didn't see the Aura that usually accompanies a block with royal guard and 2. Why would he be knocked back if you guard properly you don't get knocked back

Uh wut

How is him getting knocked back game mechanics when royal guard Doesn't get knocked back by Any other attack to my knowledge

Well then there's that attack to add to your knowledge. Trust me it's game mechanics. It's pretty clear that he blocked all of it. He didn't receive any damage and the Royal Gauge went up. 2 signs/effects that show a perfect Royal Block.

Back