• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I know that here on VsBattle that there is a difference between reaction speed and perception speed which the former is reacting to something that is in motion while perception speed is something that you can perceive but can't physically move or take action in time.

However, there are some feats questionable to me personally about whether they truly constitute as reaction speed or if they just needed time to adjust themselves after taking several hits from same attacks.

1. Like Alucard from (Hellsing) which he caught a bullet between his teeth after being hit by several same ones that matched the speed of a Blackbird Jet plane over Mach 3.
  2. and Doomsday from the animated movies, he was contantly being hit by the Flash as superspeed and couldn't hit him until he needed time to adjust to it and finally land a hit.

in summary, with these kind of feats where they get hit several times first before reacting, is it truly reacting or is it just perception and they just got use to it overtime?

Yes, they're reaction speeds, even if short-burst at times, needing time to adjust yourself to an attack is irrelevant as long as there is confirmation that you start moving after the projectiles are already in motion, to avoid the issue of aim-dodging and all that. Since you would still need to move as fast as the projectile regardless of how many times you got hit.

I think the question you're looking for is whether they'd be an outlier or not given the context.

Yes, they're reaction speeds, even if short-burst at times, needing time to adjust yourself to an attack is irrelevant as long as there is confirmation that you start moving after the projectiles are already in motion, to avoid the issue of aim-dodging and all that. Since you would still need to move as fast as the projectile regardless of how many times you got hit.

I think the question you're looking for is whether they'd be an outlier or not given the context.
Okay, so for aim-dodging, as long as the person doesn't move prior to the projectile in motion, it would constitute for reaction time.

given that they are non-human level beings, as long as it is relative to the verse they are projected in, I personally think it is fine.

An example for outlier for me is Lois in the animated movies who not only survived pointblank shockwaves from Superman's punch or dodge heat beam eyes. lol.

Okay, so for aim-dodging, as long as the person doesn't move prior to the projectile in motion, it would constitute for reaction time.
Correct. Movement has to happen after the projectile has started to move.

given that they are non-human level beings, as long as it is relative to the verse they are projected in, I personally think it is fine.
As long as contradictions don't pop up and contextually the feat makes sense, it should work. Number of feats alone isn't enough to confirm or deny consistency, context reigns king.

An example for outlier for me is Lois in the animated movies who not only survived pointblank shockwaves from Superman's punch or dodge heat beam eyes. lol.
Depends TBF, xD

Back