• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi General Discussion IV: The Consistency is Strong

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I was thinking.

If Madoka is powerful enough to hold back UKG, could it be that Madoka also grew in power to match her?

When you think about it, their respective raison d'etre is wiping the other one from existence basically.

So it would make sense (that's speculation ofc)

Its possible, of course, that would mean Madoka and UKG are so high in the 2-A range nearly all matches would be stomps. Interesting speculah.

That creepiness factor makes the doppel look cool tho

I'm still waiting for her doppel to get a description.

@Velox ironically enough, the description of Tart's doppel is rather satanic.

Speaking of which, Riz's doppel description still ain't out.

@Homu I thought I was the only who noticed ovo (Maybe its because Riz is basically Homura + Mami?)

Nah, even Mami's ain't THAT big.

Also, from the look of it, it seems her doppel is nothing special. Just surrounding her enemies in darkness and attacks them from every directions.

Well the attack may not be special, but its all about the description. (Just look at Ren for example)

Well judging from PMHT, eventually Homuras grow up to be Mamis, so its probably Older Homura + Mami = Riz

True.

Anyway, I haven't read any translated Magia record story. I have been busy IRL and been busy with Danganronpa Marathon. Any idea where should I start reading from?

@SD

Huh,satanic!!? Damn its really ironic considering Jeanne is very faithfuly to god.

EDIT : BTW,is just me or else because i want Yoko Taro write the puella magi story once.

Yeah,Suzune magica is right place for Taro,imagine an adult humor and bizzareness he created,best puella magi spin off ever. XD

And i realize now Suzune is the less haxed Puella magi spin off character here.

First form Tart would be the least haxxed, Suzune is just mediocre in terms of hax, but I'd rather have the author focus on the story than that.

Like imagine, Suzune Magica but good. Just remove like half the cast, make Suzune op via intelligence given that is a running trend in PMMM instead of just being downright broken.

Funny part is, he could theoretically join the MQ and actually do it, they've had "guests" before.

Basically it starts off with Suzune slowly killing off a group of magical girls.

Nice concept, but its mostly fighting, then out of nowhere, one of the main characters has a twin who has memory and sensory manip and messes who turns out the be the main antagonist and somehow has a grudge against Suzune who coincidently became friends with the main character related to the group at the exact same time.

It just gets bad after the first chapters basically.

Hello there. I have a question about Mami in regards to this Versus Debate here. You see, someone is claiming that Mami would definitely win against her opponent because her ribbons can immobilize them, but I made a counter point saying that her opponent has access to both fire and slashing attacks which could cut the ribbon. But then, the other person stated that because she is at tier 7-A, and her opponent is only at 7-C, that the ribbon would be immune to be cut or burned by her opponent.

Now, I don't believe this for a second, because it goes against logic that just because she's at a higher tier that that automatically makes her ribbon flame retardant, so what I'm asking from everyone here is to please show me proof that her ribbons can withstand being burned or cut, or at least try to explain how powerful her ribbons actually are. If someone could do this, I would be extremely grateful. Please and thank you!

Slashing attacks and fire do not negate durability.

The ribbons can take the energy of a Low 7-B fire because the durability is High 7-A.

Same goes for slashing attacks. They aren't durability negation, similarly to how a sword slash won't cut a diamond

The ribbons can take high 7-A punches, slashes and etc (Sayaka and Kyoko with blades <<<<<<< Mami's ribbons). Concentrating all the energy at a single point can help you to cut/pierce something, but you still need to have enough energy.

SchroKatze said:
The ribbons can take high 7-A punches, slashes and etc (Sayaka and Kyoko with blades <<<<<<< Mami's ribbons). Concentrating all the energy at a single point can help you to cut/pierce something, but you still need to have enough energy.
Okay, thank you. This is the kind of canon information I was looking for. I just needed to be sure it corresponded with actual in-universe feats before pushing forward.

Riz's description is out:

"The Doppel of obsession. Its form is a silhouette. The master of this emotion feels deeply for others, even when she herself is faced with a grave predicament. It can be said to be a law of Providence that where there is light, there is always shadow. However, it is another law of Providence that as long as something stands in the shadows, it cannot accept any light unto itself. This Doppel is a shadow, always found close by the side of a hero favored by bright light. It is like darkness itself, never allowing anyone to grasp its true nature. It is precisely because of this shadow, however, that the light's presence stands out all the more. The two of them are linked together by Providence's inseparable bond."

@Homu I just thought it was referring more to the fact that no one knew Riz's true motives until the end of the book.

@Kal But Riz didn't get friend zoned and has Mami's hopes and dreams

>Steal magical energy, emotions and memory

The Wraiths are here bois

Also, if the Doppel is a literal shadow, that's intangiblity/non-corporeality

Anyway, (attempted to) translate this.

What i got:

The simbol on her hand is actually a scar left from where the Soul Gem was.

Akuma Homura doesn't use magic the same way magical girls do

The rest is either irrelevant/the translation that came out didn't make any sense

Will try this one later/tomorrow

Interesting...

Welp, shit regen confirmed ovo

I wonder then, given that Witches use Curses and Puella Magi use Magic, would that make Homucifer some hybrid version of both?

Ah I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back