• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi General Discussion 2 - Upgrade Arc-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait you never noticed that comment on the "And I'm Home" song?

Oh and this one is a reply to that comment.

"And Ophelia's witch type is abandonment. She refused to abandon Sayaka to die alone. Just think about that."

I just had a thought

How is UKG alive in Homura's shield? Didn't Madoka kill UKG moments before her ascension?

Shouldn't UKG has mid-godly, given the fact she got erased by Ult. Madoka?

Also, this one might be crazy, but shouldn't Kyubey listed at 2-A with prep? Given the fact they possesses a threat to Goddess Madoka?

Kyubey really doesn't pose a threat. It isn't like they can harm Madoka. They planned to study and manipulate her, not kill her.

She also somehow resisted the conceptual destruction aspect.

UKG is just a walking resistance stick If only we had more info tho

If we had a statement about UKG actually being erased when Madokami came into existence, that would be Mid-Godly and pretty potent at that. Too bad that we don't actually know...

But alas, they're vague about it.

Although considering AoC was becoming a "true witch" and a copy of UKG, wouldn't that mean that by the very fact that it existed she resisted the conceptual manipulation of UM?

I mean could be, but maybe it's simply because UKG >>>>>> Madoka, so it would make sense if the reason was simply that it's backed up by someone far more powerful.

Well that would mean UKG can negate concept manipulation, which is still quite good.

Well, that or she has her own, which would make sense given that she is the witch form of Ult. Madoka

Well she automatically has her own (being that she is a superior version of UM), but to use concept manipulation would require her overpowering Madoka, in which case wouldn't make sense given that she wouldn't need AoC (The entire issue was that she couldn't reach the current multiverse)

That's the part where I start ranting about the fact that the WA was too short ovo

Idk. She was still influencing the multiverse via AoC, so it would make sense if she was able to affect it at least to protect it. I think.

Otherwise witches would have started appearing everywhere, so it would make sense to be Conceptual Manipulation negate or resistance rather than conceptual manip itself.

That said, this is a pretty impressive range feat (Cross-Multiversal+) even if its barely reaching the other World of the Wraiths.

Well no, it's possible that she was able to only barely affect it instead of affecting it at large.

Speaking of which wouldn't UKG scale abilities from AoC?

Negating a concept (Which the LoC is stated to be implemented on a multiversal level) with concept manip (instead of resistance) would have to have some pretty large effects, not just on AoC.

Hmmmm, thats a good question, since AoC was gonna become UKG, UKG would have all the abilities of AoC. Although the UKG we see is significantly different than a standard UKG.

In short, this is confusing.

Should we add a more detailed explanation on why Homu's BFR is so op?

It doesn't just send someone to a non-existent timeline, it sends them to one in a non-existent yet infinite multiverse. I.e. to escape would require higher than Multiversal+ range.

Question about Madoka: Why is her range in magical girl form only listed as Planetary? She has Time Travel, but it is not really her that travelled through time, it is her arrow or duplicates. The real Madoka is still with Walpurgis and Homura. I don't know what range it is, but Planetary seems wrong to me since she can basically attack the past from future.

Edit: I should note this tho, I don't think she only purrified all magical girls from HER own timeline, she probably also purrified the magical girls from any other timelines as well.

That's only time manip tho. We don't know if she can hit something a galaxy away (which she could do if she had universal+ range via attacking trough time). It's kinda like the Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann.

God there is a lot of posts here...

What did i miss?

Also, in Guren Lagan you can throw galaxies at your enemie, OP!

Then we should probably changes "Time Travel" into "Time Manipulation" instead. Also, add the description as well (Can attacks through times).

Nah from what we saw, it would be speculation to assume it went beyond Earth, much more alternate timelines.

Well she only uses Time Travel, so it would be a stretch to put time manipulation.

Time Travel is the ability to travel to different points in the past or future. The problem with Madoka is that she herself doesn't actually "travel" through times. She only shots arrows that can travels through times.

Takes Yhwach for example: He can attacks someone future without needing to go to the future himself. He attacks them from the present.

In Vs thread, Madoka seemingly can do the same kind of thing like Yhwach. Her arrow seemingly can be used to attack her opponent in the past but she doesn't really need to go there. She attacks them from the present.

Perhaps Time Manipulation isn't the right definition for this ability, but I think Time Travel is not the right definition either.

Thats why she has "time travel and duplication via arrows" on her profile instead.

Paradox?

@Kal yeah, usually when they potray overall time manip tho. Although whatever is decided I'm okay with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back