• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what time sand is (i know its in homuras shield)

although being able to create any earthly weapon, would that include nukes?

The gun homulily uses is a Gau 8 Avenger, which (without ammo) would put her at peak human lifting strength. With ammo its 1828 kg, easily class 5.

Which reminds me, Homura had a flamethrower in one of the Drama CDs and also an M134 Minigun at one point, we should probably at those to her equipment.

In regards to Doppel Homulily, what do we rate her tier/durability wise? (Asking, as I intend to add a tab for her.)

Also, seeing the Bootleg Ryu blog has kinda inspired me to make one about Veneficus Puella, though I wanna know if I should make more Magia Record profiles first or if its a bad idea.

Hmm I see, I think something similar to magical girl Homura would be best for now then.

It was a pretty good PMMM fanfic that got really popular, really fast. Long story short, Madoka and Homura travel to an alternate universe where everything is inverse and the mechanics of Puella Magi work significantly different, like the Witch's Kiss being Soul Removal rather than Mind Manipulation. Also everything got a massive stat bump, like Walpurgis Nacht was affecting the entirity of the Earth with her Gravity Manipulation and posed a legitmate universe busting threat. The original creator thinks its a shame tho lol.

Go for it lol.

Also Alina is missing Portal Creation (on mobile, can't add myself)

Well I finished it. Shame it never got completed, supposedly Homura vs Walpurgis was gonna bust a few timelines, but it ended literally right when Puella Magi Walpurgis appeared in Veneficus Walpurgis nacht.

So I started reading some of the translated character stories and well it seems like Suzune is pretty strong. She effortlessly soloed a very powerful Kamihama Witch and right after that she fought with Mifuyu who thinks she might die fighting against Suzune before Alina stepped in. And than it seems like she was apparently going to one shot Alina with one of her stronger attack if Mifuyu didn't tell Alina to jump.

I see, I see. Well we already knew she was strong, but this at least places her above Mifuyu and below Alina.

Shouldn't she be above Alina? She was fighting on par with Alina throughout the entire fight. And than when she started to use her magic Alina admitted it would've been game over for her if she got hit by Suzune's attack.

we're probably gonna need more details, but given most Puella Magi are glass cannons, its not suprising.

Well from the looks of the cutscenes of the Suzune sidestory on YouTube it seems like Alina and Suzune both took hits from each other. Same with Mifuyu who managed to stop one of Suzune's normal attacks with one of her own. Here's the video of where it happened if you're interested. The fights start at the second half of the video.

https://youtu.be/tVVQPI4f_w4

Given this is Suzune, the girl who only aims for the soul gem, I don't think so. Plus, the video you showed had Suzune explaining that she had used too much magic rather than any physical injury.

Well at around the 18:00 mark when Alina wanted to finish the fight quickly it seemed like the cutscene implied Suzune took a hit from her or maybe she was caught off guard but still dodged it not really sure. Oh well at least we now know Mifuyu, Alina and Suzune can scale to each other.

Uh, that's interesting

Anyway, description for Holy Mami's Rumor:

"My, have you heard? Who'd you hear it from? Kamihama's Holy Maiden, and the rumor thereof! A cool, shiny saint has appeared in Kamihama, making her grand descent amidst rays of heavenly light!! With just one outstretched hand of salvation, any girl with a wounded heart will be head over heels! She'll become part of the Holy Maiden that'll lead us all to liberation, and work her very hardest as its arms and legs! It's a rumor that EVERYONE named Mami Tomoe is talking about. Please deliver us~!"

Rough (google) translation of Summer Homura's doppel:

"The Lord of this emotion reached this beach on the way of a trial and error trip beyond time. As it floats in the sunlight of the summer, its appearance is too vacatory. By puzzling technology accessed to the cosmic life organized in the straw hat, it creates and bombards a palm tree shooting coconut. Any witches can not be done by hitting supersonic coconuts, but Doppel 's attack on a game system always hits, so giving up is crucial when aimed. In addition, for some reason palm trees boasted a high degree of accuracy, it was possible to shoot themselves more carefully and relentlessly than usual. I want you to regard it as a positive change."

Not sure if that' supposed to be transmutation or just some kind of sparkling effect due to Gertrud being flower themed and all

Better translation for summer Homura's doppel

"The Doppel of closed circuits. Its form is the near shore. In the midst of her trial-and-error journey through time, the master of this emotion made her way to this beach. Perhaps because she's hopped up on the warm summer sun, her Doppel's form is far more vacation-esque. With the mysterious techniques accessed from the alien creature secured on her sunhat, she can generate a palm tree that fires volleys of coconuts. Being struck with supersonic coconuts would devastate any witch to begin with, but since the game mechanics mean her Doppel's attacks are guaranteed to hit, anyone who finds themself in her crosshairs should pretty much just give up. For some reason, the palm tree also boasts a very high accuracy rate, and honestly allows her to target a single enemy much more carefully and stubbornly than usual. Please think of this as a positive change."

... it... mentions game mechanics..?

We can interpert it as the descriptions being ultra literal and aware, though the consequences seem a bit drastic in terms of changes.

Hey guys, don't you think Madoka and Holy Mami is Outdated due the fact Madoka was struggling against witch of Kamihama while her opponent is basically a fusion between magical girl and the creature that is stronger than witches?

Isabeau's feat is 6-B because it's France sized. It can be calculated but i'm too lazy ovo.

KG's can't. We only know that the labyrinth is > Earth in size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back