• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we can get something interesting from her personal story Infinitely above baseline 2-A whe

In any case, gotta start the grind for those magia stones

Seems like my comments are glitching… there will probably appear another comment before this one that I wrote something like 10 minutes ago that I cannot see while I'm writing this message

English release never ever ever, since Madoka's time has passed, and as such fanbase is nowhere as big as it used to in the West. I mean, Record Keeper 9 months and FF is big. FGO was almost two years, no idea on Dokkan. Fire Emblem is the only one to lack distinction on release date at Wikipedia.

It's not like Pokemon where some people might have returned for whatever reasons including GO causing a second wave of the fad where everyone decided to jump back on the wagon to be hip and cool

Actually, the Madoka fanbase is surprisingly still alive. I mean, Madoka Magica manga was last time I checked still the best selling manga for Yen Press and they have a lot of manga, including a lot of popular ones. Although that might change because Yen Press hasn't announced what the next Puella Magi manga is, but Wraith Arc and the Magia Record manga are plausible.

Obviously not as big as Fate, Dragon Ball, FE, or FF; but if they ever decide to give it the Netflix Fate treatment, pretty sure it could quickly be revived.

https://wiki.puella-magi.net/Magia_Record_Story_First_Anniversary_Special_Scenes

Apparently, Magia Record is a timeline which Ultimate Madoka neither sees or can affect. It also didn't exist til out of the blue, so uh, strange, needless to say.

Are you guys okay with keeping the Magia Record keys in the main profiles, or should we give them "X (Magia Record)" treatment? Because it sounds like they might be alt timeline versions of the cast.

That's a surprise so we need to move Magia Record from the Prequel section to the alternate universe section on the main page now.

Not sure though I think I'd prefer keeping them.

Well technically it didn't exist til recently so.... New Alternate Timeline that's also old secton?

Idk, given we're dealing with Madoka levels of acasuality again, for all we know, it can be in main Homura's past but in the future in regards to the multiverse. For now it should stay the same.

Though story wise, it has some interesting implications. Perhaps after the entire doppel / rumor plot, we might get an antagonist dealing with this?

https://wiki.puella-magi.net/Magia_...sary_Special_Scenes#August_20th.2C_2018_Scene

Got another update.

I like how it describes the entire omnipresence thing for Ultimate Madoka, as the World of the Witches technically is over, they're all "Records" (Also works with the name of the game). Though it seems to imply that Tamaki Iroha or her sister is some kind of singularity.

That reminds me, there is a non-canon Walpurgisnacht who has fused two universes with her Barrier.

Also who else do you guys want added here?

Well being a singularity prevents cross-universe paradoxs, but doesn't give one acasuality.

"All of those voices were warm and kind, but no matter how millions of times she streaked across the sky, journeying to beyond futures past... In the end, the goddess could find no other record in which she heard their songs."

"Their songs" is a reference to both Ui and Iroha, and from my understanding, it seems implies that there are no other version of them in both another universes and MagiReco Universe's past and future. They seems only exist in "present" MagiReco universe only.

This also feels like something like precog is useless against them.

Future's past is in reference to all the other timeline's futures and pasts, its a clause to the next line regarding the other records. Espically when you consider that a few lines earlier she specifically says she can't hear what happens in the end of the magia record: "Still worrying about it, this time she decided to listen to the end of the record. Huh? I can't hear any sounds at all..." so it would have been impossible anyways.

Oh yeah, the new translation is out. Apparently her blesssings can accidently destroy the timeline if she is not careful. Also the universe is slowly modifying itself, which is strange.

No one has posted anything for U. Madoka gameplay wise, so here's the stuff:

The passive skill is HP regen and partial status ailment resistance, applied every turn. Connect is damage up, 100% status ailment resistance (as well as curing pre-existing ones) and the survive effect. Both magias have the same effects, the second one just has them scaled up (mechanics-wise it's basically a Doppel): attack up, damage cut and boost on the disk types (blast damage, accele MP gain and charged attack damage).

Her transformation sequence scales her to Earth. Magia 1 and Magia 2, make whatever you want out of these two. viking meguca confirmed

(For reference, attack up/damage up have similar effect but they're differently applied during damage calculation; similarly to defense up/damage cut)

Well first off, RIP her enemies lmao, she looks op.

Secondly, I've updated Homura's page with the Doppel stuff.

She's great, but not game-breaking because the passive regen kinda sucks (the status resistance is the good part).

Now, if we want to talk about an OP thing...

SPOILERS AHOY
According to a summary of Madokami's MSS, it turns out a pebble caused a butterfly effect on Iroha's life which leads to her contracting (and technically the loli squad, since they don't die in this timeline). if anyone wants it i can post it lol
Pebble, the savior of lolis! Better nerf Greninja.

Pebble vs Ultimate Madoka when?

I'm 100% sure this is a guise and there will be another reason for everything happening, I reallllllly hope there is another reason. Like maybe keep the Homura thing, but completely change it to something more believable, like Iroha accidently seeing Moemura as a magical girl or something. idk

Though the thing about them all fated to die, something about that seems off.

Okay, before I forget:

- Soul Gems are considerly more durable than the normal durability of the body, as shown in Chapter 8 when amped bloodlusted Black Feathers attacked magical girls explicitly on their soul gems but stuggled to fracture them.

- Ultimate Madoka's weakness of being unable to manifest in convential 3-D space should be removed, her side-story makes it clear that its more that the universe simply can't handle her "blessing" in abundance, resulting in their potential accidental destruction.

- Do you guys think I should add more Rumor info of Tsuruno and Mami? Technically its not their abilities, as its the abilities of their possessors, but it seems to at times come in battles more often than not.

Well regarding speed:

Tsuruno is extremely prone to hyperbole, anyone whose read the main or side story should be able to vouch for that, so its more likely she just briefly escapes the atmosphere rather and calls her attack "Edge of the Universe" than going to the actual edge of the universe.

Regarding Attack Potency:

Doppel Kriemhild Gretchen doesn't really look like she actually has stars, I mean, just compare the depiction to that of the rest of the feats for example. Seems kinda like a stretch.

Shizuku Hozumi was explicitly stated to have Portal Creation/Teleportation based Spatial Manipulation (So this is a good range feat, but not AP feat)

Ayake is probably reality warping / darkness manip that then is removed in the shape of stars, giving that in her side story she basically does everything with some major aesthetic or gimmick.

I haven't read Kozue Mayu's side story so I can't say, but it could be just be Illusion Manip.

@Kal

Ye, although given everything we've seen of her, its barely a weakness at this point on her page.

Just read Mirror Story Ch 17-20, it seems the Mirror Witch is awfully intelligent for some reason. Also Ren Isuzu's abilities seem to be pretty op against the duplicates, pretty sure they might have to find away to get her out of the story.

Also, since this thread is getting big, should i post the next discussion thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back