• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I can agree with that, even if not directly from UM, for the fact that she is the witch form of a crystalized MG, which already grants that level iirc (as the statements in the wraith arc also included Homura). Let's see what Kal thinks about it.

What about the abstract existence? I personally think that we should wait before the new standards are defined, but since Kal is the one who is working on them he should know better if she fits.

Yeah, I tried too.

Anyway, here's Rumor Tsuruno's doppel:

"The Doppel of domestic harmony. Its form is Jinhua. "My, have you heard? Who'd you hear it from? The Doppel of Harmony, and the rumor thereof! It's a cute widdle piggy that got as big as a balloon, and grants every desire of its master's relatives! Its luxurious, sparkling body is a symbol of great wealth, protecting its family's harmony day in and day out! But its master's far from thrilled about it. She's totally grumpy about how it looks. She'd rather keep this embarrassing thing far from anyone's view. It's a rumor that EVERYONE in Kamihama is talking about! Nooo, look awaaay!""

Basically the same as normal Tsuruno's, but how the rumor spreader would describe it.

UKG would have acausality based on her own feats. I don't think that she is quite "cause and effect don't apply to her period" level like Madoka.

UKG doesn't qualify as an abstract simply because she doesn't embody anything.

The Rumor Tsuruno description is funny. It seems to be made from the point of view of a kid

Is there any reason for not applying it to UKG? She ultimately still is the witch form of Ultimate Madoka.

I think being the corrupted version of an abstract would qualify her for a possibility at the very minimum.

Lack of evidence that it applies if anything. And also because that specific part seems tied to Madoka's existence as an abstract.

Said abstract is quite literally the concept of "not-UKG" tho. It would be like me embodying the concept of "exterminate humanity", it wouldn't wprk

I never said that?

I said that I don't think that she scales abstract existence, nor the part of the acausality tied to it.

Nonexistent Physiology has nothing to do with that

To be technical, Madoka would also fall into that category, considering that is her future self. And UKG could be abstract without being a concept, though that degree of abstraction is a bit too extreme so I can see an issue there.

@Homu wut

That would go against the point of UKG's AE scaling from Madoka, though.

If she is abstract without being a concept it means that Madoka's AE > UKG's

From what I understand, what you are saying:

UM's abstract existence comes primarily from her conceptual nature

UKG isn't a concept. Therefore no AE, or t least to the degree that UM has.

Correct?

More or less yes. UM is purely a concept so she is a type 1 abstract.

If you take away that, it isn't her degree of AE anymore.

If it isn't the same degree, it means that it doesn't scale, therefore UKG needs her own feats to be abstract, which to my knowledge she lacks

i guess i cant argue with that given UKG's lack of appearances.

btw, i can momentarily access a computer, so if we're going to look over magia record, we should do it now

I'm looking up random Side Stories lately, so I suppose that I can help with that

I've released Karou's page, while her side/event story isn't translated yet, my blog has been full as of late, so its mostly for space purposes.

I plan to finish Alice's and Ayaka's profiles, then make a Tsuruno profile, then Kubo and the Suzune girls.

Translation for Mifuyu's doppel came out.

Doppel name: Hevelius

"The Doppel of livelihood. Its form is a bird-catcher. Because the master of this emotion lives in reality, she'll take advantage of any power she can, including this physical-fusion-type Doppel. It can summon countless bird-like minions called "Sugar Geese" from its own shadow on the ground, and attack enemies with them. Any target that the Sugar Geese collide with will feel a sweet-tasting sensation, and even a single taste of this flavor will bring symptoms of addiction with it. Thanks to this trait, hitting an opponent with even a scant few geese can get them to permit a great deal of falsehoods. Since the Doppel transforms from its master's tongue and arms, she can't talk while she has it active."

the "lives in reality" segement kinda implies that she lacks a barrier and that it is unusual, forcing her to rely on other abilities.

which might mean doppels do create their own barriers

Just a curiosty of mine.

About Tart Doppel...did she create a labyrinth with the sky on it or not? Cuz if she did, is it possible to calculate it?

We don't know (we don't even know if it's a sky).

No because we lack informations

After reading the Amane's sister stories, I found something interesting.

It looks like both of them were afraid of Alina.

Alina: "What? are we talking about the twins?"

Tsukuyo: "A-Alina-san!"

Alina: "I'm a bit curious, you see. I don't know about your past or about your wishes."

Tsukasa: "B-but we can't just tell you so easily..."

Alina: "If you tell me, I'll let you off easy this time."

Tsukasa: "Ueh... Tsukuyo-chan..."

Tsukuyo: "Tsukasa-chan..."

Alina: "All of a sudden, your flutes...Might become my favorite pigment..."

Tsukuyo: "!?" "A-alright, we understand!"

Tsukasa: "Nothing we can do, Tsukuyo-chan."

Tsukuyo: "Yeah..."

Wouldn't this warranted Alina to be on higher tier than most of Kamihama Magical Girl? Maybe on the same level of Yachiyo perhaps. Alina sounds pretty confident she could takes on both of them (one with Relativistic attack speed) at once and win.

Shouldn't boss be like...stronger than their underlings tho? The fact the Amane were scared shirtless outta her could also means that Alina is pretty strong.

It's probably because she is hinted to be a sociopath/insane rather than power, though she does have great potential.

I've been meaning to ask that for a while, what shows that MagiReco is supposed to be timeline 3?

In the prologue it's shown Moemura, Madoka and Mami's battle against Patricia that's seen in the anime, and during a time stop Homura hears Ui's voice. Unless I forgot something, that should be it

Yeah, basically.

Additionally, timeline 3 is the only Moemura timeline with Sayaka as a magical girl and Mami alive at the same time if I remember correctly. Though there are a few questions that need answering if thats the case, but given we have quite a few time shenanigans, I think it may be cleared up by the end.

Hmmm you're right, but at the same time, Sayaka is a thing.

It could be simply possible that this is timeline 3's version of Patricia. And considering Moemura already has significant firearms, it would mean she already stole from the Yakuza which she started in timeline 3 specifically.

Oh yeah, btw in Oriko's timeline, Homura carries an M61 Vulcan with one hand, which weighs about 100 kg without ammo. (Which would put her in the Above Average Human lifting strength category, but if you factor in the lack of ammo, it would easily put her in the Athletic Human category.)

Sayaka?

Patricia doesn't really have a timeline 3 version though, does she? Only Madoka's power changes after each reset

I mean even when you don't consider ammo, she is doing it with one hand, so it has to be doubled. Something like "at least Athletic Human" perhaps (given that doubled is 200 kg+)

Sayaka didn't become a magical girl in timeline 2, and Kyoko never talked to Mami again in it either.

timeline 3 = timeline 2 in terms of power, I'm just saying its her in the new timeline.

Yeah, I can go with that. I would assume she would scale to everyone else given her 0 in her Strength tiering.

I schnee.

Tbh it would be so much easier if we treated MagiReco as we treat PMMM Portable (aka simply an unknown timeline that we judge based on its own feats). But i'd rather wait for a while before we do that. Maybe stuff will become clearer in the future

Also yeah it scales to everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back