• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi Discussion Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ye, it's a theory that Yachiyo came up with because she felt the same "aura" (don't remember the exact wording) when she faced her compared to when she faced Tsuruno, and also noted that Mami's was a 100% fusion, while Tsuruno was only a part of said rumor.

I'll just copy here the explanation from the Magius themselves:

Huge wall of text incoming

Touka: "Our goal, you see, is to free magical girls..."

"From the shackles of the witch transformation."

"I'm sure you know of this already?"

Yachiyo: "Yeah, we already know."

[now fade to white with just Touka]

Touka: "The foundations of this are already in place here in Kamihama."

"That meddlesome Kyubey isn't around, and you already can't become a witch, right?"

"Don't you think that's ideal?"

"Aside from having your soul gem crushed, there's noooothing to be afraid of anymore."

"And so what I want is to spread that over the entire world."

"While protecting and raising witches, and making lots of rumors."

[back to the field by the Ferris wheel]

Yachiyo: "You want to spread this area where you cannot become a witch across the entire world?"

Touka: "Precisely."

Yachiyo: "I understand what you want now, but that doesn't explain anything."

Tsuruno: "Yeah, by what logic does that require witches and rumors?"

Touka: "Come on, don't rush me!"

"Um, you see...'

[fade to gray]

Touka: *The reason that we use witches and rumors is because we want energy.*

[insert image of the Rumor of the Townspeople Horse]

Touka: *The energy that the people of Kamihama exhibit when they're happy or sad because of rumors...*

[insert image of the sheep witch]

Touka: *Or the energy that witches save up, or the energy from when a magical girl transforms into a witch...*

[insert image of ? squiggly]

Touka: *By using all of this saved up energy, we can release everyone."

[Alina shows up]

Alina: *That's how it is.*

• We are using all the gathered energy to promote the incubation of the Embryo Eve.*
Nemu: *And as a result, if all three Magius are together at the time of the hatching of the Embryo Eve, we can face the world from Kamihama here and cause a miracle to occur."

[back to the field]

Nemu: "If we are able to realize that, it will be an unparalleled victory, akin to winning a war of independence."

Touka: "Right!"

"Having become independent of the existence known as Kyubey, humanity will be acknowledged across space."

"If we can do that, it might take many thousands of years..."

"But humanity might be able to explore the entirety of the universe."

Nemu: "For me, it won't be just Kamihama."

"I'll turn the entire world into my manuscript and realize all kinds of stories."

Alina: "And I will have my artwork reign forever as a symbol of life."

"Next I will entrust my soul to art patterned on the universe."

Touka: "Of course, all the magical girls will be all happy happy for being saved."

Momoko: "Being acknowledged across space? That's quite a leap there..."

Rena: "And what is this Embryo Eve thing..."

"This is making my head hurt..."

Felicia: "......u-uhh."

Kaede: "And Felicia-chan has frozen..."

Yachiyo: "sigh..."

"I have all sorts of things I want to ask, but let me have this one question."

Touka: "Go ahead."

Yachiyo: "Why, with such lofty ideals, do you need to make use of humans?"

Touka: "Did I not say?"

"Isn't it better to use people who are worth less than magical girls first?"

"There's a risk involved in everything, so we have to use what we can."

Yachiyo: "So I just needed to ask this from the start..."

Iroha: "..."

Tsuruno: "Iroha-chan..."

Iroha: "Leaving aside my memories..."

"Even if you're the Touka-chan and Nemu-chan I liked..."

"It still isn't good to do..."

"No matter how long you spent thinking of this..."

"Even if you wanted to save everyone..."

"There are things you mustn't do..."

"Do you two think it would be okay to kill your families like this?"

Touka: "..."

"Hmf. Does everyone else think the same?"

[we see all of Iroha's allies]

Touka: "..."

"Well fine then, we didn't get anything out of explaining."

So, if Holy Mami is byproduct of fusing Regular Mami with Rumor and witches, then we probably should get rid the "possibly crystalized magical girl" from the classification in magireco characters profile.

Also, I wonder if there is any significant different between the crystalized byproduct from fusing and the crystalized byproduct from Goddess Madoka.

I think that the "possibly crystallized" thing is related to the fact that crystallization is a thing somewhere in the game.

Idk. We'll see

IIRC it was mentioned that she was somehow granted a miracle, but I don't remember where that was.

Since nobody asked, Rumors are directly created by Nemu through her powers so... What kind of power would this be? Creation?

Well, new power to add to UKG and Madoka ovo (This one really needs an explanation in the profiles tho)

All of them need explanations. I'll get to it eventually. It's just that there is so much stuff that it will take forever

I feel like theirs would become the biggest wall of text P&A sections in the wiki with explanations

It depends from how verbose I can be ovo.

But personally i'd write most of them in the Notable Attacks, where it can be quickly explained where the powers come from, and how they work. Otherwise it would become a mess imo

Alternatively I could make a blog, but i'm too lazy for that ovo

I agree on the Notable Attacks, walls of text while being cool are usually "hard" to read.

Lazy Kal strikes again ovo

Btw I was thinking about one thing.

Why Homura has Mid-Godly? She is an abstract because she embodies the concept of evil and that's fine, but she hasn't done stuff involving regen I think.

Also i'll be honest, not a huge fan of scaling Madoka's abstract existence to UKG.

Stuff related to her abilities I get it, those related to her existence (like AE or high level acausality) not so much.

Here is where Mid-Godly was accepted for Homura

Not really sure about the UKG things, Abstract Existence is either being a concept or an idea (or something like that) right? It doesn't seem like she fits those criteria, and I don't remember there being any other reason for her having AE other than being UM's witch form. Acausality idk.

Yes I know, the problem is that it was never really shown or implied. Unless we scale her AE from Madoka, which is baseless imo.

She would still be acausal because she is not part of the multiverse and stuff, i'm more iffy about scaling it when it's basically a consequence of Madoka's AE

Well, I can agree with that, also Homura can directly interact with the multiverse, while Madoka can only appear when specific conditions are met.

Thinking about it, UM is a crystalized MG, and as explained in the wraith arc that also grants Acausality on that level iirc, wouldn't UKG inherit that by being the witch form of a crystalized MG?

It also seems like being crystalized gives the witch form 2-A powers

>Runs on youtube

>Sees the animation

This is now my favorite Magia skill in the game (alongside Alina and Rena's)

Probably an outlier sadly

They aren't even really creation feats unless we get confirmation that it's a barrier-like situation.

I don't know if we should just write it off, in the same video we see her actively making a hole in the desert by manipulating a pretty big portion of sand, so it isn't so much of a stretch to say that the terrian (ie only the desert) was created by her.

The moon part is probably just the moon.

Thing is, her main power iirc is the power of illusions, and we can't really ignore that with this feat. Anyway, how high would that yeld if calc'ed?

Hmm I see, though the fact that they freefall (or at least appear as so) means that it might a very potent illusion creation.

Very high I believe. Creating a desert I believe is a Tier 7ish feat at the minimum.

Yeah it seems pretty strong.

Good.

If only we had stats from the in-verse tiering sistem for Magi Reco, finding the exact placement for everyone would be much easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back