• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Psylocke vs The Lich (Enter the Gungeon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, uh.

I'm pretty sure mindhax bodies the whole time-reset-resurrection thing. And even if Psylocke doesn't start off with it (which would be somewhat OOC for her), she's almost guaranteed to use it before the fight is over.

S'all I'm gonna say for now.

1. Lich resists mindhax. I guess there's an argument that she can pierce such things but I'm not certain about how that'd be done. So just gonna say.

2. Lich's Danmaku means he'll be hitting Psylocke a lot more than Psylocke is hitting Lich.

3. Psylocke can't really incap Lich physically, as he just regens or gets time reversed by our patron deity, Kaliber.

4. If we decide Psylocke's mind manip is superior to what Lich has resisted (I'd need scans and stuff), then I believe we have a unique scenario of upsetting Kaliber, since she in character punishes those that outwit her. Meaning Lich would be timehaxxed anyways.

Verdict: Voting Lich, high difficulty. While I'd call them equal combatants skill wise, Lich can come back from what Psylocke does to him, whereas Psylocke cannot come back from what is done to her. Forcefields and the like will make this battle extremely more difficult, but not so much that I'd give her the win- just that it prolongs Lich's win.

Again, I'd doubt it'd matter as Kaliber in character punishes those that outsmart her in such a way (literally how the Lich got to his predicament). But still.

Lich FRA then

or she locks him inside a forcefield which would result in incap because lol

Could just break through the forcefield. Higher AP and a lot of attacks make that not a difficult task.

also I am interested to know who demanded this be made coz it sure as hell wasn't me

Lich resists mindhax not even close to as good as Psylocke....

Psylocke's mindhax at its absolute worst is in the billions range and is comparable to Charles Xavier

Really? Damn that's hella impressive. Yeah Lich won't resist it.

But like I said. Kaliber in character curses those that go against her will. Mindhaxxing her toy would fall into that.

So she just turns back the clock and brings 'em back.

Brings em back? From what?

And what does regen help with exactly? It's mind manipulation, that doesn't physically affect you

1. Regen helps with any physical damage. I know Psylocke goes for mindfuckery first, but if melee becomes the modus operandi of sorts, regen fixes that.

2. The present. As in, puts back the clock.

The main issue with finding an even match for Lich is the god on his shoulder. No, it isn't as bad as, say, Jill Presto or the infamous Reinhard. But a Non-Corporeal Low 7-B that can affect you without ever coming into cotact with you is a big deal for an 8-A, especially when that Low 7-B specializes in keeping you trapped in your little box and, should anyone mess with you (thus breaking your curse), just reset time to extend the torment.

Kaliber very much in character assists Lich via time hax and potentially curse manipulation.

How did Lich get defeated in canon anyway?

I'm also rather unsure how putting back the clock would stop mindhax from effecting you, and if it worked once I really don't see why she wouldn't keep doing it again but I'll wait on King or Kal

Gargoyle One said:
How did Lich get defeated in canon anyway?
A lack of time paradox immunity and a gun that kills the past I believe

He doesn't.

You don't have the gun when you fight him. Rather than defeat him, you get sent back in time. You never truly defeat the Lich because Kaliber steps in and tells you "no".

Not really? You're just put back until the Lich grabs you at the end again. Or grabs you whenever, in theory he could but he only does it when you're about to get the gun (as in, he has a reason to stop you).

I think what he's trying to say is when you're close beating him, Kal stops you and resets time.

That, basically. After Stage Three, Kaliber comes in and politely shoots The Lich with The Gun That Can Kill The Past (or some similar magic) and resets the game.

Basically any argument for Lich is that Kal just resets time when Lich gets mindfucked. So Lich can eventually win.

Instant as in, he performs them instantly or as in thought based (I assume the latter)

If the former, then yeah. He just fills the room with danmaku and tries to gun down everyone in the vicinity. If the latter... probably not, though I could be wrong.

Now, I may be mistaken. But we seem to be at a point of Incon. Psylocke cannot perma-down the Lich, and the Lich is unlikely to get hits in on Psylocke enough to kill her before "lol mind hax". I have doubts that Psylocke's mindhax is as good as Prof X (since Marvel is ridden with PIS) but still.

The latter

Bullets likely won't mean much due to her TK+Forcefields+Keen senses for dodging, especially since he won't have time to fire.

Correct me if I'm wrong but his mind resistance stretches to 24 people, because that's basic even for standard Marvel Mindhax, though Ill let King ask the rest

The forcefields can be broken, and TK... it really depends if she can TK hundreds of very tiny objects at once. Dodging is a possibility I guess.

And... possibly. I'd have to dig into stuff to find exact volume. But assuming he doesn't resist, then my vote is incon. Psylocke has no way to meaningfully take down Lich, whereas Lich won't get the chance to take her down.

They can be broken after repeated strikes, repeated strikes he won't be able to get in before she thinks, especially since he's barely 2x stronger then her TK.

Does that stop Kaliber from shooting The Lich in the face?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back