• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Psykos downgrade

I can't share the position with the second Psykos key at all.
If the increase in AP to the level of 6-C can still be somehow justified, then the increase in Speed and Lifting Strength is not.
Tatsumaki scales to Sub-rel+ and Class T due to ONE's saying that she and Mob are equal. However, Shigeo's Sub-rel and Class T exploits are not random feat and he put some effort into them. Yes, in subsequent forms and with other emotions, he was much stronger. But that doesn't make these feats random. And the fact that Psykos, giving everything 100% for a few seconds ran away from Tatsumaki, does not scale her to the level of Tatsumaki.
I have the same thoughts about AP. Tatsumaki's veins swelled once when she pulled her opponent out of a depth of several kilometers, when She was trying to protect and hide herself as much as possible. Tatsumaki's being trapped was a surprise, but she didn't even resist, because it seemed like something fun to Her. Yes, even the attacks of Orochi and Psyrochi could not break through its barriers, and the second key Psykos is dozens of rows lower.
I thinky her sekond key should not go beyond 7-B. Although if desired, you can put "+" and "likely higher".

And another point in favor of lowering the AP. She grabbed tatsumaki when She attacked her. There was a similar moment in the webcomic, and she immediately explained it by saying that Tatsumaki's defense weakens during an attack. The scene with the capture is drawn by Murata one in one.

I agree that her second key should be 7-B with maybe a "possibly higher". Certain scenes, like Tatsumaki having to defend herself from Orochi Heart Element's blasts instead of grabbing Pyskos away from Orochi imply that what was said about psychics in the webcomics holds true.

The second absolutely deserves 6-C since Tatsumaki was holding back less than she was when she did her 6-C feat.

My God, can you read what's written above? She only took tatsumaki in her grip because tatsumaki had weakened Her defenses.
Tatsumaki was on edge for a second when she pulled Psykos out of the ground while She was hiding. In the future, she did not strain at all. NOT AT ALL.
Psykos then did what it ran away from her at the end, because none of her attacks had any effect. With the same effect, Jagan can get you a 6-C because it angered Tats, and Mecha-Esper should be a High 6-C because Fubuki initially confused it with her sister.

Psykos' True Form is, as stated, so powerful that Gyoro Gyoro doesn't even begin to compare to her, and she was able to have a mildly competitive fight with a casual Tatsumaki (However, a Tatsumaki that was unquestionable less restrained than when she stopped the bullets in City-A, as seem by Fubuki's comment that she is using a tremendous amount of energy, by the veins in her head, and by her entertained smile as she's fighting Psykos. Also Psykos was able to break away from Tatsumaki's binding and momentarily bind Tatsumaki herself and pull her down several floors. As well as briefly clash with her. So even if you guys are super reluctant on having Psykos be straight up 6-C, she at least deserves a "Likely" rating)

You are just in denial and you are resorting to trying to act as if I haven't read your arguments (I have, you're objectively wrong), and also use false equivalencies to try to ridicule my claims. It's a bad look.

> The second absolutely deserves 6-C since Tatsumaki was holding back less than she was when she did her 6-C feat.

When was she holding back at all when she did the 6-C feat?

Scaling Psykos to 6-C is completely absurd.
God, I say again-read the message above. There was a similar moment in the webcomic. She was only able to capture tatsumaki because She was focused on attacking. It doesn't attack and defend at the same time. That's why I fell into the trap. But that doesn't exactly scale it to 6-C.

Damage3245 said:
> The second absolutely deserves 6-C since Tatsumaki was holding back less than she was when she did her 6-C feat.

When was she holding back at all when she did the 6-C feat?
Because she casually just lifted a finger and looked bored and uninterested while doing it. Maybe holding back isn't the way to put it but she clearly was exerting more effort Vs Psykos. Even when she was just fighting Gyoro Gyoro, Fubuki sensed she was using a frightening amount of power.

We shouldn't scale based on how casual characters are for the same reason we don't scale characters to Saitama; it's arbitrary.

This is a bizarrely non-equivalent argument and you know it. Saitama's strength fluctuates because he doesn't kill humans so he manages to almost alway hold back enough to not kill them, but even so it's not impossible to scale people to Saitama. For example, see Orochi vs Rover.

Tatsumaki meanwhile up until her fight with Psykos has been 100% ridiculously holding back for everything.

In One Punch Man whenever an Esper is exerting themselves at all, we see veins popping off in their forehands, hands, necks, etc. We see this with Fubuki (Against Rover she exerts herself so much her veins pop and she starts bleeding), we see this with Psykos herself when she fights Tatsumaki, we see this with Gearsper when he uses his full power against Nyan, nearly dying from the exhertion...

And yes, we see this to an extent with Tatsumaki when she fights Gyoro Gyoro and Psykos, right from the moment when Fubuki feels her power and states that her sister is using a tremendous amount of power. But wanna know when we don't see Tatsumaki with veins popping on her forehead? When she stops the Bullets in City A.

It's still not enough to give her a 6-C. The swollen veins don't tell you anything. They swelled not during the battle, but during the pulling out of a particular person, when she was hiding herself in every possible way at a huge depth. In the future, Tats laughs in her face.
Similarly, you can give Boros, Garou, and Flash at least FTL, because they surprised Saitama in speed, although relativistic rocks for him were some pieces of bad humor, and his raising his hand against them was as casual as the" casual stopping of Boros bullets " from Tatsumaki.
Moreover. Saitama casually raises his hand against the stones, but the overpowering Orochi catches the casual Saitama. So it's faster than light, too? Nonsense.

There is a pretty big problem with the original calc for the bullet speed anyway; it assumes that Saitama was jumping at 497.88 m/s when the bullet went past him, when clearly his trajectory was altered midway through his leap as he avoided the bullet on-panel here.

So that calced figure can't be used to find out the bullet's speed, and therefore its kinetic energy.

The result is irrelevant, Psykos scales to Casual Tatsumaki as I already established. The only argument against it is personal incredulity not backed up by factual evidence.

The only thing that can refer to 6-C in Psykos is swollen veins. She doesn't have any more confirming feats. This is not enough.

Matthew Schroeder said:
In One Punch Man whenever an Esper is exerting themselves at all, we see veins popping off in their forehands, hands, necks, etc. We see this with Fubuki (Against Rover she exerts herself so much her veins pop and she starts bleeding), we see this with Psykos herself when she fights Tatsumaki, we see this with Gearsper when he uses his full power against Nyan, nearly dying from the exhertion...
And yes, we see this to an extent with Tatsumaki when she fights Gyoro Gyoro and Psykos, right from the moment when Fubuki feels her power and states that her sister is using a tremendous amount of power. But wanna know when we don't see Tatsumaki with veins popping on her forehead? When she stops the Bullets in City A.
It's more than that. And the profile should be updated accordingly.

Back