• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Psycho Death Battle~ Rena Ryuuguu vs Yuno Gasai (Human) (One More Vote Needed !)

Muhammedmco said:
Yuno actually survived Sensory TNT Bombs all around her school. She skillfully dodged it.
I made a calc of it on the Omniversal Battlefield wiki, and it turned out to be Mach 2532:

http://omniversal-battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Muhammedmco/Yuno_dodges_TNT_at_point_blank

Also, the recoil of the bombs were so great it destroyed the building, and Yuno jumped from the building without even a scratch on her.

So i'm still going with Yuno.
Massively Hypersonic+ Yuno is obviously an outlier, since she has at best showed to keep up with athletes or Superhuman speed characters, and even had troubles in dodging Marco's attack, and later even Ai's. Those two are at best Superhuman, in terms of speed.

Rena has Small Building level durability anyway, which isn't too far from Yuno's Building level durability. And Rena can also amplify her own durability via either Oyashiro Hypermode or Kawaii Mode.

Considering that Rena can kill Yuno with her firebombs, I think the question is whether Yuno can dodge them (like she did with Minene's bombs) or not.

Pygmy Hippo 2 said:
Daybreak is not part of the Canon but I'll still go with Rena for her durability being too tough for Yuno to get through and having some experience against the Yamainu.
The game is canon though, it's simply not related to the anime as it is a different fragment where every character go insane and start to kill each other.

Fukouda-san said:
Considering that Rena can kill Yuno with her firebombs, I think the question is whether Yuno can dodge them (like she did with Minene's bombs) or not.
I don't think Yuno can dodge Rena's firebombs. Hell, i don't even think Yuno can dodge Rena's attacks in the first place.

Rena was called supersonic, twice. She blitzed three otakus, who are comparable to fat otaku, who is a martial artist that casually rag-dolled Keiichi. She also blitzed the club members, and she is easily faster than Shio, who can casually dodge Keiichi's attacks. (And Keeichi can run 100 meters in 6 seconds, likely an hyperbole though). Rena can also easily dodge mini-tornadoes and energy-based attacks in Higurashi Daybreak.

Speaking about Keeichi, Rena fought him and has showed to have similiar reaction speed, if not even better, considering that Rena is always considered to be far more agile than Keeichi and the others in general. And Keeichi is the same guy that can keep with air bullets trajectories and see a fight i slow motion. He also dodged a car from melee range.

Overall, in my opinion, Rena is easily faster than Yuno, and can possibly blitz her too.

Oh..didn't read that the first time lol. XD

Well then, hm, Rena can still possibly kills Yuno even without firebombs, via her Tornado Creation ability.

Massively Hypersonic+ Yuno is obviously an outlier, since she has at best showed to keep up with athletes or Superhuman speed characters, and even had troubles in dodging Marco's attack, and later even Ai's. Those two are at best Superhuman, in terms of speed.

Rena has Small Building level durability anyway, which isn't too far from Yuno's Building level durability. And Rena can also amplify her own durability via either Oyashiro Hypermode or Kawaii Mode.

No, it's not. Since at that time she was at her peak because she wanted to save Yukiteru from being killed by Minene. While it has been shown once, Yuno actually didn't enter her peak statein her other fights save in her final fighg against Akise. Akise was capable of taking a vice grip from Deus without dying. Deus' striking strength is rated as Small Building Class+, likely much higher, and Yuno was capable of killing him.

So, no. Not an outlier.

Well, the site didn't accept the calc in the first place anyway. We don't even know if your calc is actually correct. Maybe it could be even lower, and i honestly think it is: MH+ because Yuno escaped from a TNT explosion sounds a bit ridicolous, especially because it actually was TNT, and not some special type of bomb limited only to that verse or things like that.

How do we know that Yuno wasn't showing her peak in the other fights? I mean, she looks totally serious in her fight against Ai.

And still, that is the only MH+ feat, so they'll probably classify it as an outlier. Unlike Rena, who was consistently called Supersonic, and she was also compared to lightning once (outlier).

I don't give a heck about what this site says actually. I made the calc in another wiki and the staff accepted it and saw it as valid.

The game is canon though, it's simply not related to the anime as it is a different fragment where every character go insane and start to kill each other.

I messaged one of the Knowledgeable Members for Higurashi - When They Cry and they said it wasn't canon.

Muhammedmco said:
I don't give a heck about what this site says actually. I made the calc in another wiki and the staff accepted it and saw it as valid.
I mean, if Yuno actually has Massively Hypersonic + reaction and she was still struggling against several characters that have a lower speed, it doesn't make sense. In these circumstances, I don't think that asserting that she can react at this speed is relevant.

For comparison, Misaka Mikoto's (a To Aru Character) lightning has been declared to be at the speed of light repeatedly in the novel. However, to say such a thing in a versus thread wouldn't be relevant because it would mean that all the characters who were able to react to her attacks have lightspeed reaction, and it's... wrong.

Muhammedmco said:
Well then, you shouldn't be here and your vote doesn't even count at this point.

For example, i do think Mario should be higher, but in a match where Mario is one of the fighters, i can't just say that "Mario wins because this site is bullshit and Mario is higher in AP than he is here". The site has decided a tier for Mario, and at least for now, and it'll probably be the same in the future, Mario is Multi-Solar System level.

Here, Yuno isn't MH+, which means that Rena is faster here.

Pygmy Hippo 2 said:
I messaged one of the Knowledgeable Members for Higurashi - When They Cry and they said it wasn't canon.

Well then, they are wrong.

The manga and VNs are the main canon, but the spin-offs Higurashi Daybreak and Ougon Musoukyoku are supervised (and the latter even written) by Ryukishi07.

Well then, they are wrong.

The manga and VNs are the main canon, but the spin-offs Higurashi Daybreak and Ougon Musoukyoku are supervised (and the latter even written) by Ryukishi07.

It can be it's own key but it honestly just seems ridiculous that Rena would suddenly be able to cause mini-tornadoes and dodge lasers when she hasn't shown that power before.

Pygmy Hippo 2 said:
I messaged one of the Knowledgeable Members for Higurashi - When They Cry and they said it wasn't canon. Well then, they are wrong.

It can be it's own key but it honestly just seems ridiculous that Rena would suddenly be able to cause mini-tornadoes and dodge lasers when she hasn't shown that power before.

..The thing is that Higurashi Daybreak it's a total different kakera from the others. In this kakera, everyone go insane and give their best in the fights.

Which means that maybe Rena hasn't showed her powers in the anime, but in the kakera where the events of Daybreak take place, she showed all of her powers.

I don't know, honestly, but Daybreak is a Smash-bros like game, it is canon, and creating mini-tornadoes is more like Air Manipulation rather than an AP feat, so, i honestly don't know why we shouldn't take Daybreak into account.

Also, in that game, Rena never dodged lasers, but she did dodge energy-based attacks (which are different to lasers anyway).

Back