• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ryuuguu Rena

Night King

Rena's stats are unrestricted and she can enter Kawaii mode at will. Both get their weapons. Speed unequal. Night King's immortality is restricted Fight takes place on a mild winter night in the woods in Hinamizawa

Round 1: no prep, no resurrection for Night King

Round 2: 24hrs prep. Rena can set traps and Night King can resurrect a small to moderate amount of dead Hinamizawa residents, who will also have immortality restricted.

Win via death or incapacitation

Will "cooler" heads prevail and give the age old menace of ASOIAF the W? Or will the queen of yanderes put an end to such naive idealism with the swing of a cleaver?

IMG 1607
IMG 1609

Round 1:Kawaii Mode takes care of Rena's primary weak spot in this battle, her lackluster durability, at least in the anime version. So she took a giant log which I'd say makes her more durable than someone whose best feat is walking through flames and wearing armor. As for strength, the King's got higher damage output with his weapons but the firebomb could still take him out easily. In speed, Ryuuguu Rena might be slightly faster or she's equal to the Night King. Rena's smarter and she's got the home-field advantage.

Granted a nata's better than a spear but it's still likely to break. Kawaii Mode can protect her from ice manipulation and she can probably dodge the giant fissures before it's too late. Going with Rena this round.

Round 2:I'd say that Rena's trap-making skills aren't as great as Satoko's but she still do a good job at it. Still the King's bringing in a lot of help that she might not be able to beat. Likely goes to the Night King if his minions distract Ryuuguu Rena long enough for a spear throw.

P.S.:You should add links to the character pages like this Ryuuguu Rena and Night King along with adding them as topics along with the series.

Thanks for the heads up on the links and topics, just added the topics and will add links to OP. Also I intended for Rena to have Room level durability for both rounds, I guess that technically counts as a composite Rena lol.

I'd also considered having a Round 3 with one week prep, Rena can consult other Hinamizawa residents for advice only, and the number of residents the Night King can resurrect unrestricted (with the caveat that the wights must begin the battle by traveling from the town to the woods; Rena can set traps in town). Dunno if that would be too silly though.

I'll do my take in three rounds. If others like the third, I'll add it to OP.

Round 1: Rena flexes on NK. A likely slight speed advantage should be sufficient to allow Rena to easily see any movement towards using a ranged weapon and in a mess of trees, it should be more difficult to get that attack to land in the first place. Possibly being able to survive her own firebomb with kawaii mode only gives her a further advantage. 1-0 Rena.

Round 2: For the sake of argument, lets say Night King has 43 wights (roughly what the Yamainu numbered in total, including those not there for the final battle). I don't think 24hrs with Rena's mind alone is sufficient to handle a militia of what are effectively super tenacious bloodlusted ice zombies. They push through her traps and it becomes a war of attrition where the bulk of her stamina is devoted to dealing with them, making it much easier for the NK to kill her unless she holds her firebomb until just the perfect moment. NK takes this. 1-1.

Round 3: No way Rena can win this, right? There are ~2000 residents of Hinamizawa. Assuming NK manages to massacre the rest of Hinamizawa on the way to the woods as well as assuming there are, say, two unique resurrectable deceased Hinamizawa residents for each currently living resident, you have almost 6000 wights on the way to kill her. I think the full week prep makes a big big difference. The wights are formidable but they're also mindless fiends that she should be able to incapacitate, or at least slow down, in very large numbers. They start outside the woods and won't make it there in time to assist the NK. Max distance would give the wights more time but would also make him more likely to be stunned by traps. 2-1.

I say Rena

Back