• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Peppersalt43

They/Them
ALTERNATE TITLE: THIS NIGHT'S TRIVIA TROT IS HOSTED BY... THE RIDDLER!

In my opinion which is in no way objective at all and you can disregard at any time, only 2 of the main villains challenge the main characters in terms of intelligence, that being Starlight Glimmer and Cozy Glow. Now when I say this, I don't mean a villain that gets beaten by getting outsmarted, I'm more so talking about ones whose main gimmick is intelligence. I mean, Discord has reality warping, Tirek has magic drain, and Nightmare Moon is uh, just powerful I guess.

Chrysalis is an interesting case as while her gimmick is shapeshifting, she does have the intelligence to craft pretty cool schemes with her powers and army but it's not exactly her main gimmick. The same logic applies to Sunset Shimmer who while fully capable of framing, splitting, and slandering her opponents, is mostly just portrayed as a stereotypical high school mean girl.

Cozy Glow is more so a villain for the Young Six but I do sort of like the way she is built up through the season until she finally gets the time to shine. Starlight Glimmer is really cool, I love that she gives a brand new perspective on "friendship" (That we all know is wrong because they weren't at all subtle about it) and managed to be a threat with minimum use of spells. Her getting ousted as a hypocrite is a cooler defeat than just getting blasted by the power of friendship or a heroic spee... Wait a second.

Also her motives feel kind of weak

Anyway in light of giving Twilight an adversary in a battle of wits, she must now answer to... The Riddler

(I feel like I'm taking this way too seriously. This had better not be a stomp or I'll be really disappointed)
● ------------------------------------- ●
Twilight blinked in discomfort, the low buzzing and lights of the television in front of her finally waking her up. The place smelled horrible and why does her neck feel heavy... Her questions are answered as she realized what was on her neck, a ticking metal device strapped onto the front side of her body, the digital numbers on it counting down. The TV screen before her eventually flickered on, revealing a man in a full-body garb breathing heavily on the screen, white question marks written on certain parts of his outfit, his eyes visible from his goggles.

"Who... Who are you?!" the purple human asked, still struggling in the chair she was restrained to.
"A ship is a good as the crew that runs it. But what ship is worth only the people in it?" the man asked.

"Uh, friendship?".
"Good! You must be expecting that, a princess of friendship after all. Now, if you are friendship, please don't lie. To save one soul, how many must die?".

Twilight was stunned by this, how could someone ask that? Yet in the face of death, she was forced to consider the fates she had subjected to her adversaries, the things she had to do to save many. And her friends, those she had redeemed. How many have they hurt before she had found them, how many... Her introspection was cut short when a rainbow colored blur dashed into the room.

"Zero! Every single act every villain has done has been reversed and accounted for and those who were never redeemed, while faced with a fate worse than death, are very well still alive" said Rainbow Dash.
"Hmm, wordplay. I like that. Now, one last question Ms. Sparkle, one your rainbow-haired friend can't possibly help with" the Riddler replied, pulling out a different sheet of paper to read from "The word 'ship' can mean many different things depending on context but I'm sure you will understand this one. How much shipping fanfiction have you written involving yourself and your friends? And your mentors? And your enemies... Actually, just how much shipping fanfiction have you written involving yourself?".

"What?! Why?! Why that?!" the purple human asked, trying to hide her blush from the ones who are watching her.
"It's OK, Twi. We've all accepted that. Whatever number you come up with can't be worse than our imagination" her friend replied.
"13 seconds, Ms. Sparkle! Your dignity or your life?!" the serial killer added.

With the clock only having 10 seconds left, she had no other choice but to blurt out "6,812". Satisfied, the Riddler proceeded to press the button, stopping the timer. "Oh good, the bomb deactivation remote works" he said before pressing another button, only for nothing to happen "The feed termination system on the other hand doesn't seem to be in working shape. Give me a second". With the serial killer busy, Rainbow Dash got to work detaching the bomb from her friend's neck while also giving her the chance to be questioned.

"Rainbow Dash, why the hay am I strapped to chair with a bomb on my neck?!" Twilight asked calmly.
"Oh you haven't heard? I'm kind of trapped in a realm between universes and I need to fight people in order to get out. Plus, you seem to be stomping trivia night whenever you visit, I just thought I'd try and up the ante" her friend replied.

"By contacting a serial killer?!".
"I mean, he's called the riddler. How bad can it be? Anyway I brought him here so that he can test out his stuff before continuing his mission, he's actually really chill about this, he only threw a tantrum twice!".

Their conversation was cut by a loud scream through the screen, prompting Rainbow Dash to punch through it, finding a scribbled manual inside.

"So, ready for a scavenger hunt?" she asked, snapping the ropes on her friend's hands.
"When we're done, I am going to eat you alive" Twilight replied.

• Everything above 9-A is restricted
  • Stat amp means I can't equalize speed
  • Human Twilight Sparkle and Base Rainbow Dash used
  • Place located in: Canterlot City (EQG)
latest

• Starting range: 500 meters with no line of sight
  • The Riddler has prior knowledge and 3 months of prep time
  • Win via anything!!
  • TwiDash : 7
  • Riddler : 0
  • Incon : 0

d168368d5737b002aebd2c342099541c.jpg

VS
6560508a66c84eac4ec60074472c35d4.jpg

Last edited:
What does the Riddler have
Explosives and riddles

Riddler will usually create convoluted riddles for his opponent to solve all while being in the safety of his hideout, before flooding the whole place or something like that

He does come out in order to set up his riddles but even then, he usually plans them meticulously in advance

If it were that easy Riddler wouldn't be a threat

Plus she'd likely run out of stamina before being able to find him
What does Riddler have to just stop her from doing that though?

Uhhhh not really, she ran all the way from Camp Everfree pretty much back to town when she first got her powers. At her speed, it literally takes her less than 1/50th of a second to travel 500m.

OK, I found something

At around the 1:25 point. Assuming this isn't PIS, RD kinda sucks at dealing with stealth, probably because she gives up too fast

He went up against an entire well-funded police force which has made him a top priority meaning they could be searching in multiple places at once

Close enough
Uhhhh not really. Idk if you've watched The Flash but that's a good example of one speedster doing better than the whole police.
OK, I found something

At around the 1:25 point. Assuming this isn't PIS, RD kinda sucks at dealing with stealth, probably because she gives up too fast

That special was full of PIS. I mean just look at this t 0:30. .Any time in those 30 sec RD could've boosted her speed and easily nabbed Juniper but she just...didn't.

That special was full of PIS. I mean just look at this t 0:30. .Any time in those 30 sec RD could've boosted her speed and easily nabbed Juniper but she just...didn't.
I did say
Assuming this isn't PIS
Which I guess happens a lot. Plus in the Flash series, he is a crime scene investigator so he does have the experience of being thorough

I am unsure if RD is the type of person to just search every single room, house, sewer, etc in a 500 meter distance and even if she is, can she do it meticulously?

I did say
Ik, was just commenting that it is
Which I guess happens a lot. Plus in the Flash series, he is a crime scene investigator so he does have the experience of being thorough

I am unsure if RD is the type of person to just search every single room, house, sewer, etc in a 500 meter distance and even if she is, can she do it meticulously?
Tbh this doesn't look like that hard of an area to search.
main-qimg-51a7f3099bcd63569569a9dde0afb25f

Traps, usually bombs in unexpected places. They have some pretty good range with some being able to cause extensive damage to a dam
But as soon as she hears the explosion go off she can run. I'm not gonna vote RD yet but I'm leaning pretty heavily in her favor (not that it really matters if other ppl don't vote too)

But as soon as she hears the explosion go off she can run. I'm not gonna vote RD yet but I'm leaning pretty heavily in her favor (not that it really matters if other ppl don't vote too)
One more thing

At the end of the movie, Riddler managed to cause a massive flood on Gotham through the use of well placed bombs. The map does show 2 waterfalls and a few rivers so he can probably try something with those

He won't start with it obviously. In fact, it's an end game move

One more thing

At the end of the movie, Riddler managed to cause a massive flood on Gotham through the use of well placed bombs. The map does show 2 waterfalls and a few rivers so he can probably try something with those

He won't start with it obviously. In fact, it's an end game move
After some discussion with @GokuSparkle here, his vote is still the same so I guess I'll count it for now as I have nothing else

Back