• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype general discussion

Neat. So Pen, when do you think your next go at a Prototype fanfic will be? I don't want to sound an ungrateful reader impatiently waiting for it but I'm genuinely curious.

Hmm...I cant give any garentees though I have one prolouge half done, though it was going to be a more comedic piece. Other then that I was thinking about doing a rwby crossover, or I might go and update one of the prolouges I started.

expect the comedice peice sometime between now and next week. Im thinking about putting my stories on rotation but that wont be for a few weeks. I want to get more work done on summoner of death before I start a rotating schedule....Hmm maybe ill let readers vote on what gets the next update....

Yup I want to do two/three more chapters of summoner (Update every two weeks) before going on rotation, the comedic peice is half done so Ill post that sometime before the next summoner update. I hope the idea isn't to dissapointing death but I don't want to burn myself out on summoner of death. Sorry :(

That's perfectly fine. I don't want you to get writer's block or lose your passion because of repetitiveness after all.

I've seen writers who shifts focuses on their written works (or even temporarily take breaks, either due to life or the stress) so that they don't burn out from writing the same stories. If shifting focus helps you to continue maintaining your passion for writing, then I'm definitely not complaining. :p

While I don't really have the time for writing now due to school, I personally know how difficult it is to write a good story for myself after all (neither of them are more than short stories though).

Looks pretty good, Can't think of anything off the top of my head. Just in case I bothered callsign, Ide rather this not devolve into another crt. If he questions the combat applicabilitay of mid high, I have an argument ready to point out the supreme hunter regened from a puddle, and alex went from vapor/ash to a hunk of flesh within a small time frame, that at max could be high balled to eight hours. From their Ide point out that alex only needs to reach the biomass of a puddle to recover and with a 14 hour period before it becomes non applicable it is safe to assume he could accomplish that

Nice.

From what I can assume 7-8 hours is actually a very noticeable timeframe change, so much that it can change from night to day (especially if it's at midnight).

Since we have no reason to gather that isn't the same night when that nuke detonated, it might actually be less hours than that (as in, several hours, but not enough to cause any signs of daylight from coming up).

I know but Im going for the maximum amount of time we could possibly assume, any longer and shifts in light are garenteed, while at eight hours depending on the time of year can result in minimal light changes. Heck Ill mention how much of a high ball that is though to get my point across, especially since when the nuke hit water it was already well into night. I think a fair estimate would be five to six hours max but even with the unreasonable low ball he still has the feats to regenerate long before the twenty four hour timeframe is up.

The pen or the sword said:
If we knew the position of the moon in the sky could we get a estimate of the time?
Not sure if the moon is shown, but I'll try to look for it in that nuke scene once I get home.

It is...We don't see it again as the camera doesn't rise high enough but as alex flies towards the horizion we get a great shot of it.

4:49
Well that's going to be a pain to estimate the position of.

Yeah that looks like the biggest problem, the moon is full atleast so we know it rose approximatly when the sun fell. Other then that Im not really sure, Ill keep hunting around a bit...

Let me know what you think of my post when you have the chance :p
Well, I think it's good, and I definitely agree with it.

Though some of Fire's points has more holes in them than I expected... But at least it's not too bad like some of the versus debaters I have encountered in the past. I'm going to respond to his points soon enough.

Figured I'd stop by and let yous know that I'll be writing a DBX feat. Alex soon. :3

hey guys i've been out of the wiki for a while having my computer fixed and just got back into the wiki

im thinking of creating another prototype AP thread useing the amount of evolved we defenetly consume or fight in P2 to give the top and god tiers a defenitive AP and not just the at least 7C

whatcha guys think?

Well, it would be great to estimate the exact AP for the Prototype god-tiers. Especially for Prototype 1 Mercer in regards to consuming beings comparable to him (such as Hunters, Leader Hunters, Elizabeth Greene, etc.), rather than estimating his AP based on just 2 Leader Hunters and Elizabeth Greene (because I have a feeling Mercer consumed more comparable beings than that).

I'm fine with giving Heller more than one keys though. At least this way, it would show each of the AP gap throughout the course of the game, and helps emphasises how God-tier characters such as Heller and Mercer (the unofficial classifications for them are "Prototypes") could easily get stronger the more beings they absorb.

well i've been focusing more so on p2 but i can go through p1 as well but i need to know just one thing

how far are the basic hunters in comperison to other p1 charater cuse we know mercer consumed one before he tanked the 8A exlosion but the other hunters got wrecked by it

if i can get a fair estimation of the hunters i will go binge a walk through + cutseen movie just to piece it all together

but form what i got form p2 is mercer is at least 7C(with the amount of evolved and goliaths we consume) likely at least 7C, high 7C with muscel mass and possibly just falt out high 7C

@The pen or the sword

You know the Prototype/RWBY crossover idea of yours we've talked about?

So, how do you think you would make the Grimm react to Mercer in your story?

Because from what I can tell, the Grimm are hostile to all humans and Faunus as they attack them on sight, yet they don't have any enmity towards ordinary animals and only battle them during territorial disputes.

However, since is neither Mercer a human nor has a soul (based on his profile in this site and popular fan interpretations of him anyways), how do you think they would react to him?

Because in my opinion, they would either completely ignore him unless provoked (or commanded by Salem to attack) or would get scared off due to their animal-like instincts (as befitting of their appearances) warning them of a predator much greater than them.

I'd like to think it is the latter as not only do Grimm evidently behave similarly to predatory animals (they have territorial disputes with normal animals), but we also have heavy implications that Mercer has a "Apex Predator" mindset as well (as evidenced by Mercer welcoming Heller to "the top of the food chain", implying that Mercer himself likes to think in the systems of animals at times and thought him in being at the top before that PIS fight with Heller), thus should scare them off via being a predator that's at "the top of the food chain" and giving off the presence of such.

I would like to know your thoughts on that.

Hmmm...I have a few conflicting ideas on this one, so apologies in advance for any confusion. Im simply going to mention a few of the ideas i entertained.

I entertained the idea of the grim not being able to track/sense mercer, to them he would probably register as an animal or just nothing. But when they get closer/see him they'll be confused as he looks human and the less powerful/intellegent grimm would likly attack him on sight.

But the more powerful intellegent grimm would follow their instincts, instincts that would warn them of the threat mercer represents. In the end though thats just one Idea I had for it, conflincting with a few others.

I also considered the idea of the grimm being repulsed by mercer, like animals avoiding diseased/rotting corpses. Them sensing the viralunt nature of mercer and the death it would bring them.

It would have ended up being a matter of which one would serve the story/scenes. So as Im not currently writing said story I can't garentee how I would have gone with the grimm, take these as plot points ive simply considered :p

Well, I am definitely satisfied with what you have considered. I will definitely look forward to that crossover once you've release it of course, but we all know how important Sasuga Ainz-sama is to your readers... :p

P.S I'm going to bed now. I'll probably be back in 8-10 hours.

@Sir Sun Man. In regards to the basic Hunters, they're at least strong enough to casually tear apart APCs and helicopters in the cutscenes, so there's that.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
@Sir Sun Man. In regards to the basic Hunters, they're at least strong enough to casually tear apart APCs and helicopters in the cutscenes, so there's that.
well we have them at 8A aka multi city block level via hurting mercer

tearing up apc and tanks is a none feat for them since they are way above them

also guys do you wana make a discord server?

we could do reaserch together there and talk about story alements of fanfic of mercer(just for pen)

I'm not good at coming up with story ideas and I can't calculate anything to save my life because I suck at math. But that sounds like a neat idea.

Back