• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Project: The retiering of Hunter x Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 8-C stuff should probably be discussed further but if it is excepted I think the upgraded characters would be Greed Island arc Gon and Killua, Genthru, Kid Bisky, and Rammot. While Kalluto would probably be downgraded.

Rereading the fight where Gon fought the owl and bat ant in which the 9-A or 8-C feat came from I can't tell if the owl remained conscious or even survived so I don't know if it should really count. But seeing as the owl and bat are the same rank as Rammot It would probably scale.

That being said Myself, Shrek and JMan seem to agree to downgrade Kalluto, any others?

I think I can agree, I mean never seen Killua and Kalluto fight or at least spar against each other anyway. And possibly the most low/ametuer tier that one can be in HxH would be 9-C to 9-B

P.S. What makes BoS Gon 9-C?

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
I think I can agree, I mean never seen Killua and Kalluto fight or at least spar against each other anyway. And possibly the most low/ametuer tier that one can be in HxH would be 9-C to 9-B
P.S. What makes BoS Gon 9-C?
In the later part of phase 3 of the exam, Gon is seen yielding heavy axes, and creating sizeable gashes in walls. That's certainly 9-C

ƒæì, that I can agree with. Although I think the axes were unnecessary, they could have asked Killua smash the wall down. I mean Killua is HxH's Yuno, if at that point he can rip hearts out, then I see no reason as to he couldn't smash the wall of the maze.

P.S. Gon can't use Nen now but is he 9-B physically?

Ripping out a heart is more Street level+. But it's wall level since the guy he ripped the heart from casually digs his finger into concrete.

After doing a bunch of physical training, he should be comparable to BoS Killua without Nen.

Okay

Also wouldn't Leorio be at 10-A at BoS? I mean we have never seen him fight during the Hunter exams but he has been shown to least have the stamina of a marathoner and good medical knowledge.

P.S. This rely isn't low quality is it?

You're getting a lot better with your threads lately.

Leorio was also capable of creating gahses in walls with an axe, so he should be 9-C.

Oh, um if you wouldn't mind, do you think you can give you opinion on some of threads that I made for Gon, Killua, Hiei, Yusuke, Kurama, and Shikamaru if you don't mind?

Of course I thought that Leorio would be 10-A because based on BoS powerscaling of the crew Leorio<Kurapika<=Gon<<Killua and he did not seem that impressive at first glace.

Maybe 10-A to play it safe.

If you wan't me to look at some threads, post them on my wall. I'll reply to the ones I can give an opinion on.

I was looking around and found this blogpost on Gon - http://screwattack.roosterteeth.com/post/51231096

I'm bringing this up b/c they could make some major revisions and I haven't seen/heard about it anywhere.

It has most of his feats analyzed but it brought up something important about the Dark Continent. Because the size of the world is larger than normal Earth, it's gravity is much stronger. The guy's calculations say the H x H world would be 1374* larger than normal Earth under a gravity 1374* greater as well. He then applies them to Gon's striking and speed feats by taking the numbers and then multiplying them b 1374.

There's also a section about Chrollo's neck hand-chop that puts it at sub-relativistic without applying the 1374 mutiplier due to gravity.

Again, I have no real idea if the math is right on any of these but the logic/reasoning behind them seems valid. If I missed something about them that was already discussed before, I apologize in advance for wasting anyone's time.

I don't think we can use the size of the planet to determine gravity unless it's explicitly stated to be greater than Earth's.

Otherwise Toriko and One Piece are in need of some major revisions.

Yes. Fiction does not usually make sense in that regard.

Here's the description from the blogpost:

"(Chrollo moving faster than a 20,000+ fps security camera can track)

In the Greed Island and Chimera Ant arcs, Gon should be comparable to his friend Kurapika, whose attack speed is so high even the boss of the Phantom troupe, Chrollo Lucilfer, failed to evade his Chain Jail assault. For reference, as you can see in the gif, Lucilfer karate-chops the poor girl next to him so fast even the security camera on slow motion fails to catch his movement. Since cameras with a frame rate of only 10,000 fps can catch the fastest bolts of lightning (Mach 4079) in slow motion (http://www.themarysue.com/lightning-in-slow-motion/), and high speed security cameras (like the SA-Z and Cmos cameras) easily exceed that frame rate by reaching 20,000 fps, the ones prepared by the richest people of the largest known mafia group in HxH to detect hypersonic targets (they were ready for the Phantom troupe's attack) should at least have the same 20,000+ fps frame rate, though it's likely much higher. Chrollo moving faster than this camera can track makes him sub-relativistic, and the same goes for both Kurapika and later Gon himself."

You know screw attack has been known to fudge up, like with Goku vs Kal'el, Yang vs Tifa, Jotaro vs Kenshiro, Android 18 vs Captain Marvel, etc. And on VS Battles we make our own calculations and such, and we want to be as credible as possible so we don't rely on scrrew attack to do the work for us.

Based on how you described it, the math is very very wrong. Higher gravity wouldn't give it a multiplier, it would give some increase, but not a linear multiplier.

Also, lightning is captured from far away over a long distance. Chrollo's hand probably moved around 45 degrees, which would make it less than his own arm length. Since it was captured in one or two frames, if they were using super slow motion cameras (I'd be skeptical about this) that took 20,000 frames per second it would probably be in the hypersonic+ to high hypersonic range. Though iirc it was mentioned by the guy who saw it that he was specifically holding back to a level decent pro hunters could track, so it could be a good feat for scaling some of the other characters.

Like I said, WE DON'T USE SCREW ATTACK!!! And it makes sense that Chrollo would hold back, Neon every though see has an interesting Nen ability is still 10-B

Now that Kalluto is settled, shouldn't base CA arc Gon and Killua scale to High Hypersonic+ from Knuckle. I'm pretty sure Knuckle was going all out against Gon in there final spar and Gon was able to keep up with him pretty well, and Killua mainly lost to Shoot because he was still held back by Illumi's needle.

Does that make CA Gon and Killua in their bases faster than Youpi? I mean Gon kinda did not last too long against Knuckle and APR is definitely something to not mess with.

As for Youpi, GET OUT OF THE FORUM SLOWPOKE!!!!

I seem to recall that APR was the main problem because Knuckle can't actually get hurt until the interest is returned. After exchanging a flurry of punches Gon managed to give more aura than he took, so he either surpassed Knucle in power, speed, or both.

Did Meruem actually have an APR attached to him? If he did then what probably happened was Meruem managed to exceed whatever his debt was.

I suppose I could agree with Athlete level+ Leorio

Seeing as Killua in the early arcs was strong enough to push a 16 ton door, shouldn't his Attack Potency be much higher than Wall Level

Pushing 16 tons /=/ lifting 16 tons. And besides, lifting strength only translates to AP if you lift something in a rapid clean-jerk or snatch motion. Or throw it overhead.

@Ant

Meruem needs to be upgraded to 7-B and have teleportation either removed, or listed as a possibility.

VersusJunkie brought up Killua's lifting strength earlier.

We need to decide whether or not Chrollo's security camera feat is legit, and if so, who scales to it?

I think it's safe to remove teleportation. It isn't something Youpi or Pouf had and almost all Meruem's Post-Rose abilities come from them.

It's been established that Meruem can move ridiculously quickly. So his feat of appearing next to Knuckles and Meleoreon was just super-speed.

Okay. Why should Meruem be 7-B, and is there a calculation of the required speed for the security camera feat?

Meruem inflicted self damage while talking to Komugi meaning his AP should be greater than his durability.

As for speed, Blahblah9755 did a rough calc earlier in the thread that nobody seems to have noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back