• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Project: The retiering of Hunter x Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damage3245 said:
I think it's safe to remove teleportation. It isn't something Youpi or Pouf had and almost all Meruem's Post-Rose abilities come from them.
It's been established that Meruem can move ridiculously quickly. So his feat of appearing next to Knuckles and Meleoreon was just super-speed.
Neither Youpi nor Pouf had photon nen either, and in the anime it's portrayed differently than super speed.

Doesn't matter to me what ends up being decided though.

Edwellken said:
Neither Youpi nor Pouf had photon nen either, and in the anime it's portrayed differently than super speed.

Doesn't matter to me what ends up being decided though.
Meruem splitting his En up into photons is just an extension of his own unique En which appears as a flash of light.

That's why I said 'almost all of Meruem's Post-Rose abilities' instead of all of them.

A rough calculation is not enough. You need a blog post and an evaluation by the calc group.

I know, I was just trying to draw attention to it since nobody else made a comment...

There's no point having it calced if it's deemed unnecessary/unusable in the first place.

What about Meruem's AP?

If his durability is City level, and he can harm himself, an AP upgrade is in order.

But why is his post bomb durability City level? Surely his AP should also increase proportionately?

It might be a statement about him saying that he can take the Rose Bomb after his body was reformed but i need to search it. If there is not, i might have to downgrade his dura since his body was almost destroyed by the bomb prior.

His prebomb durability would be city as prerose had endured poor man rose and his postbomb would only have an higher durability which most probably cant have a quantification put on the statistic.

Also the bomb was calculated at 18 megaton by the obd wiki (chaostheory?).

Dark649 said:
It might be a statement about him saying that he can take the Rose Bomb after his body was reformed but i need to search it. If there is not, i might have to downgrade his dura since his body was almost destroyed by the bomb prior.
He still had endured the bomb though. The "At most" prefix exists for this reason.

So, you are suggesting he should be 7-B in both forms. I think likely should be more appropriate than at most. Endured is not the world since his arm and legs were destroyed and his main body got heavily burned.

He did survive the bomb despite the injury. At most dictates his limit which that would be while the thing ya suggested would imply there would be doubt. Meruem did endure and survive he did so barely though and he did that while being a few meters away from the epicenter and (apparently) would have maybe healed after awhile (dont quote me on that ).

Point im trying make is he did endure the bomb and he did so explicitly. While he did almost get destroyed he did have half of his biosmass left. 18 megaton would be his limit although yeah hed of course have scaling for his base form.

Why though? Likely? He did endure the poor man rose meaning the likely would be wrong as he did so on panel. While "At most" would mean that while he is at that durability that would be his limit.

Or am i misunderstanding ya? Or the "At most" prefix?.

At most is used to denote the higher cap of a character, he would have qualified if he took the bomb with very minor injuries.

Dark649 is correct, as far as I am aware.

I'm not sure if i should upgrade Adult Gon, he was said to be a threat to Meruem, but they should not be equal.

I don't think Adult Gon needs an upgrade. A character a tier below another character can feasibly be a threat to them.

Shouldn't pre-rose be "At least 7-C, Likely 7-B"? He did say he was trying to kill Pitou when he struck them early on, and commended them for not dying (iirc). Adult Gon scales to pre-rose anyway so there wouldn't be any need for an upgrade in that case.

Dark649 said:
I'm not sure if i should upgrade Adult Gon, he was said to be a threat to Meruem, but they should not be equal.
Did pitou not mention he was equal though with meruem and meruem exerted no effort when he hit pitou. He expected pitou not endure the blow although when ya factor the fact previously when he did that on the penguin yeah meruem expecting gore would be expected hence the praise when pitou didnt explode.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
Did pitou not mention he was equal though with meruem and meruem exerted no effort when he hit pitou. He expected pitou not endure the blow although when ya factor the fact previously when he did that on the penguin yeah meruem expecting gore would be expected hence the praise when pitou didnt explode.
Pitou only stated that "Gon's fangs could reach the King". Some places have mistranslated it to say that Gon is equal.

I'm not sure if I agree with pre-rose Meruem as 7-B because didn't Pitou take an attack from him and lived. I'd more put him at baseline High 7-C

Can you summarise the issues that we still have to reach a conclusion about?

Not so well at the moment. I have largely forgotten what we were talking about.

I can agree with Adult Gon scale to Pre-Rose Meruem, Pitou thought he was a legit threat to the King so he shouldn't be too much weaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back