• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Project: The retiering of Hunter x Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very few people are on Ging's level of course. We can say that Ging is above Kite but not many others.

So is anybody willing and capable of performing the edits to Kite, Ging, and possibly pages for other characters that scale from them?

Actually shouldn't Ging be possibly 7-C, since Netero said he was one of the top five Nen user, this would logically mean his comparable if not superior to people like Zeno and Silva.

Being an extremely competent Nen user doesn't necessarily mean he's in the same AP range as them. All of his combat feats so far have been primarily skill-based.

Wouldn't that apply to Chrollo then, he's primarily a skill-based fighter who beats stronger enemies through skill, as evidenced by Chrollo vs Hisoka. He's also cannonically physically weaker than Machi.

It would, but it's been shown that he is also capable of outright harming Hisoka via Sun & Moon, and he could at least spar with Hisoka briefly while setting up puppets.

But you're right that Chrollo is primarily skill-based. His true strength comes from how he uses his abilities strategically.

EDIT: Speaking of which, shouldn't he have Explosion Manipulation?

He harms Hisoka via Sun & Moon, but Hisoka is only likely 7-C because he scales from Chrollo. If anything he should be 8-A, higher via Sun & Moon, but his 7-C ranking is not really justified.

And yes, he should absolutely have explosion manipulation.

Edit: I've added it to his profile.

I did so, but it could lead an upgrade to all the at least 8-A, possibly 7-C to at least Low 7-C, likely 7-C.

A tier of around 8-A eould be good because he's stronger than Kuwabara (Knuckle) and Shoot, and Gon could only kill him with Jajanken

SuperKamiNappa said:
@Oloserian

Chrollo is likely 7-C because he fought Zeno
That was my point, he's capable of beating people stronger than him through strategy, as exemplefied by the Hisoka fight.

Oloserian said:
SuperKamiNappa said:
@Oloserian

Chrollo is likely 7-C because he fought Zeno
That was my point, he's capable of beating people stronger than him through strategy, as exemplefied by the Hisoka fight.
He didn't use any really special techniques against Zeno and SIlva he was just brawling with them while carrying around a book and a sheet. He even took a direct punch from SIlva and cut with a knife

The only damage he managed to do was through the Ben Knife, and he just dodged the entire match. He never did any actual damage through his own power.

I think Chrollo should be at least 8-A for being stronger than Bonolenov, but I find the possibly 7-C to be exagerated. Not really sure on who agrees though.

Okay. Should anybody else have the "Possibly Low 7-C" removed?

VersusJunkie54 said:
Didin't Zeno imply that Chrollo could've killed him if he'd gotten serious? Or was that line just in the anime?
He implyied it would be close, but Chrollo can beat stronger enemies with skill alone as evidenced by Hisoka vs Chrollo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back