• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Project: The retiering of Hunter x Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. I suppose that you could mention the specifics within the profile then.

Is a bad idea to tier pre-rose Meruem baseline High 7-C. And why do do people think human Kite is 7-C, low 7-C makes more sense because of how Netero is around baseline. And this is how I'd scale Chimera Ant Nen users around the 7-C baseline: Kite<<Ging<Zeno<Netero<Royal Guards? (there's speculation if Pouf is low 7-C or not)<<<Meruem Oh and here's a fun scene of Pouf and Youpi:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RGL66_4gMjo

Do scratches and scuff marks really count as minor damage?

I disagree with low 7-C Kite. Kite was regarded as slightly superior to a normal pro-hunter due to the range of his En. However, him being that much stronger than other pro-hunters for no reason doesn't make sense, especially considering his nen category of conjurer. In fact the only justification for his upgrade is slightly scratching Pitou.

1. Scratching someone doesn't and shouldn't put you in the same tier as them. Yorkshin Arc Gon and Killua scratched Machi, it doesn't put them remotly close to her. Hell, Leorio of all people made Ging bleed.

2. We don't know how strong Pitou was at that point, Pitou is 7-C because she scales to Youpi's explosion feat, which he only does later in the series and while severely more powerful than at the beginning.

Pitou bled. Machi low tier phantom leorio only hit ging when ging wanted be hit meaning not exactly fair man.

Yeah except pitou did not get a much powerful boost from the early arc despite youpi on the other hand having a boost of power man.

DYLGxubWkAIg45f
I'd hardly consider a scratch on the cheek to be bleeding

Does that look like it was in anyway close, Kite got decapitated while Pitou was mildly scratched on the cheek. A todler can scratch an adult on the cheek!

Machi being low tier Phantom Troupe still puts her much higher than Yorkshin Arc Gon and Killua.

Pitou was literally a few minutes old at this point and hadn't even developed Nen techniques, we simply can't assume her power is a constant throughout the series.

Yeah a cut that had blood dripping off.? He did hold pitou off for hours and Drew blood. And even had pitou have torn flesh on the finger. He obviously not equal but he managed.

Outlier for gon due later contradiction.

Burden on ya man or find a quote directing an power amp.

Oloseran seems to have brought a good point, also Kite was only buying time for the others to escape, he knew it was a one heavy one sided match.

Dark649 said:
Oloseran seems to have brought a good point, also Kite was only buying time for the others to escape, he knew it was a one heavy one sided match.
Yeah? He not winning but he did held pitou off and made pitou bleed. Not equal obviously only close for him even manage for a minute.

We don't know the timeframe for which he kept Pitou occupied. And even if we did it wouldn't prove much, Knuckle and Morel kept Youpi occupied for some time but they weren't even close to him in power.

If we assume it's an outlier for Gon, why don't we assume it's an outlier for Kite?

Pitou scales to Youpi, but that's Youpi at his strongest and while furious, here Pitou is a few minutes old and doesn't even look like she's taking the fight seriously.

Long enough for morning to come. Knuckle made youpi bleed?. No he did not man. Excluding the fact kite was durable enough for usage of a training puppet later on within the arc even after falling on.

Kite had no contradiction while gon did.

And?. Pitou would be comparable later. Pitou nen focuses completely on technique not power anyway. Damaged happened anyway meaning pitou outright playing would not make pitou million weaker for durability man.

We don't know how late it was when they started, nor do we know how long ago the fight had finished, it just cuts to the end.

Kite has an amount of Nen comparable to a normal pro hunter, Pitou has an amount of Nen superior to Netero.

Durability is highly dependant on Nen, for example, Meruem bled the first time Netero attacked him when he wasn't actually going to fight and had his Nen turned off, but later it took thousands of hits to barely scratch him. If Pitou wasn't fighting seriously why should we assume she was taping into all of her Nen?

Pitou was amped when she riped off Gon's arm.

Further, we were never shown how Kite actually scratched her, how do we know it wasn't because of a hyper-specific technique like Feitan's "Rising Sun", I'm not saying this is the case, I'm saying we didn't see enough of what happend to assume Kite is that strong,

Kite scales to a barely above baseline 8-A feat. A baseline 8-A shouldn't be able to even leave a tiny mark on a 7-C. Especially since Pitou should be above baseline. How many kilotons came from the 7-C explosion?

The fight happened middle of the night. Yeah?The end. Literal hours LATER. Also worthy enough for a puppet for train and durable enough for the role made for by pitou.

Kite above most probably actually. Ging trained him for a reason. Yeah. Then netero trained for about five minute and made pitou foder and kite trained often.

False equalivance. Different form of nen and excluding the fact pitou would have stomped kite within a minute if he proved not worthy.

Amped yeah. How much? Not a million excluding the fact when pitou did that on kite pitou exerted effort.

Because we did and have been outright explained what weapon kite had fought pitou with.

VersusJunkie54 said:
Kite scales to a barely above baseline 8-A feat. A baseline 8-A shouldn't be able to even leave a tiny mark on a 7-C. Especially since Pitou should be above baseline. How many kilotons came from the 7-C explosion?
Pitou would be over 30 of kite ap.

I beleive the Royal Guards scale from Youpi's feat. The NarutoFourms calc only has the crater volume listed, and not the explosion yield(This is why I hate NarutoFourms.....)

I did some quick math with the crater volume, and assuming violent frag(The images on the Naruto Fourms calc were busted....), and got 8.80 kilotons. So Pitou is 60 times stronger than Kite. I highly doubt I would be able to leave a scratch on someone 60 times stronger, and more durable than myself. So Low 7-C Kite makes sense.

The fight starts at an unspecified moment in the middle of the night, for all we know, they could be 20 minutes away from dawn as well as they could be 5 hours away from dawn.

Kite is above most, Killua even said so since he could hold his En for such a long time, but nothing to suggest he would be near Royal Guard level. Also Netero didn't even hurt Pitou with his strike, his only advantage was speed.

I'm talking about using Nen for defensive purposes, Pitou was born a few minutes before the fight, why do we assume she would know how to effectively use it defensively, or effectively in any way at all? (and as illustrated earlier, it makes a massive durability difference)

We didn't see every form the weapon could take.

@VersusJunkie54

Bonolenov is a relatively weak member of the Phantom Troupe, Kite is likely much stonger than him. Also, the 8.8 kiloton feat used up all of Youpi's aura, Pitou didn't even seem tired after the fight.

Also I think that in a fight between Pitou and Youpi, Pitou would come out on top for speedblitzing and outsmarting Youpi. I sometimes think she could be just as smart if not smarter than Meruem because Meruem starting reading with game books while Pitou started reading with Psychology textbooks.

Hagane no Saiyajin said:
Speaking of, should Adult Gon be banned from verses debates. I mean it's like Ssj and he almost died from it.
Why would it being like SSJ mean it should be banned?

The aftermath happened after gon woke. He must have been out for awhile as he off the island.

Exactky. He above most hence most do not even encroach on scaling from kite. Nothing? He damaged pitou. All that needed.

Because pitou almost maybe not even once used defense or amp form of nen?

Yeah? Except he only used one weapon. How do ya think he body hoped with ant queen offspring?.

Oloserian said:
@VersusJunkie54

Bonolenov is a relatively weak member of the Phantom Troupe, Kite is likely much stonger than him. Also, the 8.8 kiloton feat used up all of Youpi's aura, Pitou didn't even seem tired after the fight.
Third law.

Youpi endured his feat and pitou on par and pitou damaged from fighting kite for awhile.

All right so the fundamental disagreement is wether or not the scratches on Pitou are enough to be considered damage. We won't really get anywhere unless this is settled.

Also, I have to something to do right now so I won't be able to participate in the debate for a while.

Well, scratches are probably not enough to jump an entire tier, rather than to consider it as an inconsistency in the storytelling, but holding his own for hours might be.

Possibly Low 7-C may work since the time frame is unknown. We can't assume Kite fought for hours against her. But we can't really assume he got destroyed in a few seconds either.

Okay. It is probably best to wait for more replies first though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back