• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With Zark2099's fix the profile is seemingly acceptable.

@Zark2099

You can create a CRT about this profile, if you wish so.

Nah, I fixed it as much as I could. It looks more profile-ish now atleast. I'm not knowledgeable on the verse, so me making a CRT wouldn't matter

It had unmotivated guesswork statistics. I deleted it.

Honestly I do seriously wonder what is considered to be guesswork statistics, considering how often it's brought up in deletion, yet it seems to be something relatively arbitrary.

No. It means that the profile statistics are not based on anything concrete, or at least that it doesn't clarify what that is.

Well, some people may consider the amount of evidence that is concerted different, so it may be a good idea to create a definition that is itself concrete, but that's not for this thread.

That would likely just serve to cripple our abilities to get rid of poorly made profiles with almost no justifications for the statistics. Sorry.

Because it would constantly waste valuable and limited available time for the people who take responsibility for maintaining an overall reasonably high quality in the wiki. We are recurrently swarmed with blatantly awful new pages, and cannot argue extensively about every single one.

Just let us do our jobs in peace. We are volunteer workers, i.e. not even paid for all of this.

Antvasima, that's derailment though. There are other places to discuss this, as I'm sure you're aware. Let's not clog up this thread with argument.

@Greg Heffley, I deleted the page and explained the reasoning to the profile's creator.

I deleted it and told the creator of the page about where to leave the questions.

Considering I just finished reading the Isaac Asimov novel, the movie is completely different from the book. The only things it shares in common is the name and the general theme. The profile seems fine to me.

I suppose that it can remain then.

As Saikou said, it depends on the adaptation. Most animes are adaptation of mangas, but the differences are meaningless.

But Toei profiles for Dragon Ball characters are accepted because they have several if not tens of differences and its own continuity that it's not canon to the manga. There's an example of an adaptation that it's accepted by our standards.

@TheRustyOne

I think that it shouldn't be renamed or deleted. Such changes that you described require a dedicated content revision thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back