• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red vs blue was halo based and uses there weapons and equipment and with the exception of Master Hand Crazy Hand and Galeem the characters are all there own versions. For example the kirby in that series is Skill Share Kirby not the real Kirby

Except Red & Blue doesn't take place within the Halo universe, it just uses assets. Even then imo R&B is pretty borderline but it gets a pass.

The CPU tournament is barely even fiction. Again, it's just a glorified playthrough with Alpharad giving half-hearted attempts at a narrative when commenting the matches.

Vincent having a page isn't far fetched since he is just using the style of smash mostly much like Red vs Blue.

Caboose even downright was Nobel 6 at one point. (Tho kinda comedic). Yet he still is able to have a page. And Red vs Blue had referenced Halo before. In more than one way.

Its not a glorified playthrough and you could mayne have made that arguement for early CPUCS the newer episodes have created a hugearching story invilving inter dimentional travel and collapsing timelines

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Except Red & Blue doesn't take place within the Halo universe, it just uses assets. Even then imo R&B is pretty borderline but it gets a pass.

The CPU tournament is barely even fiction. Again, it's just a glorified playthrough with Alpharad giving half-hearted attempts at a narrative when commenting the matches.

Yes it does. They have made reference and even caboose downright showing up in halo. And the other characters make voice apparances (as themselves) in one of the games iirc.

Buttersamuri said:
Caboose even downright was Nobel 6 at one point. (Tho kinda comedic). Yet he still is able to have a page. And Red vs Blue had referenced Halo before. In more than one way.
You do realize that that was more or less meant to be a joke rather than being flat out canon to even the RvB universe, right?

Wether it effects it or not isn't the point. It shows they are in the same universe. Which proves your upper comment "Except Red & Blue doesn't take place within the Halo universe" To be wrong.

Also it had Caboose in the show Be Noble 6 for a large chunk of the game. And Them talking with some of the characters in other games. Even if the talking wasn't enough. Caboose Being Noble 6 is a fairly big note.

RvB is 100% original, it has nothing to do with Halo other than using the models and setting to tell its own story

So we cant allow R&B to have any of thier arsenal beacuse for the most part its Halo gear so any feats based on those cant be allowed. (This isnt meant to be rude)

plus impressive feats come from charaters from the CPUCS such as Dark Vince, Toy Convict, P.Convict...etc and even the ones who are suposedly the same characters are diffrent charaters within the verse...Such as PG Incinaroar and Parsec Captain Falcon...

You do realize that that was more or less meant to be a joke rather than being flat out canon to even the RvB universe, right?

Less they say it wasn't canon, and all the references made in both series to each other were to be completely written off, it still should be considered. The series would make sense to also take place in the halo universe considering its a halo based showed that was built on halo

Yes, it is the point. What happens in Halo doesn't affect the canon of R&B. A character showing up as a cameon in another verse doesn't canonically link them.

Also even if R&B truly was just a fanfiction of Halo (which it isn't), then it would need to be removed, not used as a support for this profile.

@Griffers The thing is the weapons in RvB arent scaled to the stuff in the actual Halo franchise, they have their own feats which is what we use to scale

Saikou The Lewd King said:
As long as this """verse""" does anything remotely close to acknowledging that Vincent fights Nintendo characters, this won't be allowed. Plainly.
But here is the thing as I have said Alpharad has made sure to talk about these charaters not as Nintendo chaacraters but as there own charters in this series. As i mentioned earlier PG Incinaroar, Skill Share Kirby,...etc

It's still Incineroar. It's still Kirby. It's still Galeem with Smash's Low 2-C feats and Master Hand's Low 2-C feats. Also that's a lie. Most of the time, the characters are just plainly talked referred to as the actual character.

And to go back to it being fiction argument, unless the videos had a nigh-180 degrees shift since I watched them, about 90% of the talk is just commenting the match like any other Smash commentator would, with only a small portion of it being dedicated to any kind of lore.

Its not just Incinaroar or kirby just like the Mario in SMG4 isnt the real Mario

And if they where there canon selves then there would be sevral problems with things like Ken and Roselilina having feelings for each other or Samus and Ike getting it on during the beach episode

And there is lore, they quite literally wage a war against the dark realm with the help of a 3rd realm, hell they even have a full fallen hero timeline story going. There has also been charater deaths and they are getting ready to start there next season.

So just like Red and Blue he made a world with a story based around the areas and models in Smash just like Red VS Blue did with Halo

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Trigon_(DC_Animated_Movies) perhaps should be further looked at, not sure if it should be deleted but a lot of the stats also feel vague and likely would require calcs.
I think the profile is nicely written and the written justication for attack potency looks to support the tier. I don't think the page should be up to deletion. However, of course, if someone disagrees with the tier, then he or she is welcome to make the Content revision regarding it for new proposed changes.

A thinly veiled modification of an original character isn't enough to be considered an original character I'm afraid.

R&B made a standalone verse using the visual assets of the original verse and that's all. This is basically a bunch of loosely tied together jokes made about a game. I once again don't understand why you see these two as equivalent.

I dot see why you are seeing it as just a smash tournment, I would understand if it was formatted like his smash 4 ones. However the CPUCS has its own characters lore story archs and ideintitiy. Vincent isnt just a MII and Skill Share Kirby isnt just Kirby. These guys are there own characters with accomplishments stories and modivations. Hell there are sub plots to the story, I feel you are looking ate the chartacer models and not to charcater themselves.

"I dot see why you are seeing it as just a smash tournment"

Because that's literally, 100%, objectively what it is. Watch any of those videos. Any of them. What you'd get is one guy or a few more commentating on SSBU CPU matches and making jokes about a storyline based on what happens in the matches. This is nowhere near an acceptable case for a profile. It's hardly fiction and even if it is, it's blatant fanfiction that scales from the original characters. Enough.

@Griffers, @Saikou The Lewd King is right. These type of profiles aren't allowed. We had multiple Content Revision Threads about adding these type of profiled that were rejected which resulted in our guideline regarding them, in the Crossovers page.

You are welcome to post the page to another wiki as I posted the page's source code to your message wall, @Griffers.

WeeklyBattles said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Chise

to shift away from the conversation a bit, this profile has almost no justifications for its stats and the ones it does are very vague

its an A6 profile
I think the page is legit from editing standpoint as there are roughly no error, so I would disagreed with deletion. However, I do agree the Attak Potency's justifications are not solid enough for a Tier. So, I think a Content Revision Thread regarding the profile's statistic can be done, as a solution.

The AP section doesnt have any link to a feat of calc for the City level rating and has no justification at all for Island level, the speed justification is vague, and the durability section doesnt have any justification for Building level and tanking a surface wipe isnt Multi-Continent level

Saikou is definitely correct about our standards. I would appreciate if everybody immediately drop this discussion.

I will delete this profile: Pewdiepie (Legend of the Brofist) because it is still about Pewdiepie's persona:

Editing Rules:

• It is also prohibited to create profiles for fictionalised stage personas for other reasons, whether these have their origins in music videos, educational programs, or otherwise: For one thing, it is
inappropriate for largely underage wiki members to discuss which real people that would hypothetically be most capable of killing each other, and for another, a vast majority of these artists are extremely willing to file lawsuits against anybody who uses their brand for which they own intellectual property rights, regardless whether or not these are meant to be used for commercial or fair use purposes. It would be recommended and preferable to avoid adding such profiles to Joke Battles as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back