• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure a good majority of those powerless 10 level characters are actually combat oriented and are not large cat mascots from a children's series

Guys, this isn't the general discussion thread, it's a wiki management thread. Don't post irrelevant comments for whatever reason, k?

Mhmm what are these characters again, btw? That absolutely have nothing notable listed in their profiles btw, not like Bulma who have insane intelligence stats or like Dora (Live Action Movie) who has subsonic reactions scaling off herself

Zark2099 said:
And the profile isn't getting undeleted, go to the QnA board if you just want to ask questions and stop clogging the management thread
Agreed. The joke has run its course. The profile is gone and shouldn't be restored, nor should we talk about it here.

Speaking of inappropriate characters, I was just reminded that we have a Pepe (Boy's Club) profile. Even if it is just based on the original comicbook, it seems too controversial for our wiki, especially given how extremely politically correct part of the Fandom staff are.

I don't particularly mind if we have to delete it. I do, however, find it sad that we have to consider getting rid of one of our profiles because of the social environment we live in.

I'm sure that Fandom wouldn't delete the whole wiki unannounced for hosting a page we've had for a while. If Fandom tells us to delete it we can delete it, but I don't think we should delete it pre-emptively, especially since the only hint at controversy so far has been from people worried it would cause controversy, rather than anyone actually mad at it.

Someone posted a calc as an actual page once agai, so it should be deleted as usual.

Doing a rule about this in the Editing Rules at this point isn't a bad idea, it happens way too often.

Edit: It seems it somewhat is already a thing, but it could be reworded to put it clear that posting calculations as pages is a no.

"Do not insert links to our message board discussions into profiles. Calculations should be placed in blog posts, evaluated, and then linked to, if they have been accepted." - The Editing Rules

As we can see here, the idea of them (Calculations being posted as pages) being a no is dubious at best in the way it's currently stated.

BigSmoke4269 said:
No, seriously. She's rated as 9-B via scaling to a profile which doesn't exist.
First, conjoin your posts man. Don't spam if you can help it.

Second, that seems like higher grounds for a slight edit rather than full deletion.

BigSmoke4269 said:
Hey, take Firey (Battle for Dream Island) for example. He scales to a feat done by Needle, who doesnt have a profile, yet he scales to her anyways. Hell, Pink Panther scales to Big Nose, and even HE doesnt have a profile. So your claim saying that shes 9-B for scaling to someone who doesnt have a profile here is flawed.

Firey scales to a feat which is calc'd however, Stephanie scales to nothing as of now, her stats need justification.

Theres the soccer ball feat in her speed section, so that may (possibly) be the AP of her. We DO need to find the episode where the feat came from, though.

From what I read, I think a CRT toward fixing the profile eiher by adding the justifcations or fixing the tiers is better rather outright deletion.

Alright, this has been a long time coming.

Can we please delete The Joker (Arthur Fleck)'s profile? He has no combat feats sans using a gun. He stabs a guy and can physically assult people but these are all mundane feats. Him being 9-C from breaking glass and getting hit by a car means nothing when you realize that Arthur has no out of the ordinary combat prowess and is pretty much just a guy with a gun.

If it was that easy to get profiles for characters, we would have a lot more mundane profiles like his. Arthur sets a bad precedent for newcomers thinking they can just add profiles if they have above average AP and can throw a punch.

This isn't even an issue with the genre of film, this is simply a lack of feats.

@Ovens

What makes a character okay for the wiki or not?

Psychomaster35 said:
BigSmoke4269 said:
Hey, take Firey (Battle for Dream Island) for example. He scales to a feat done by Needle, who doesnt have a profile, yet he scales to her anyways. Hell, Pink Panther scales to Big Nose, and even HE doesnt have a profile. So your claim saying that shes 9-B for scaling to someone who doesnt have a profile here is flawed.
The thing is, pink panther consistently injures Big Nose and BN is certainly pink panther's main rival (it's been that way for 50 years), but we have no idea how stephanie, a normal girl, is comparable to stingy, also as someone else asked in another thread, why does it say "should be this strong in the early seasons" and "should be superior to Stingy later in the series"? Lazytown doesn't have continuity, it's not an anime

I reckon it was because Tori-Bot isn't prominent enough, and the only method exceptions can be made for Author Avatars is if they're fundamental to the plot, or aren't even close to the strongest thing in the verse.

Tori-Bot is neither.

The thing is, pink panther consistently injures Big Nose and BN is certainly pink panther's main rival (it's been that way for 50 years), but we have no idea how stephanie, a normal girl, is comparable to stingy, also as someone else asked in another thread, why does it say "should be this strong in the early seasons" and "should be superior to Stingy later in the series"? Lazytown doesn't have continuity, it's not an anime

Is anyone gonna talk about thi-

Code:
*gets banned for quoting large walls of text*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back