• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanilla Ice (Cool as Ice).

Shouldn't this page be deleted as this is just Vanilla Ice in a movie?

Should qualify under the Stage Persona rule, which is a pretty big NO in the wiki

Zark2099 said:
Vanilla Ice (Cool as Ice).
Shouldn't this page be deleted as this is just Vanilla Ice in a movie?

Should qualify under the Stage Persona rule, which is a pretty big NO in the wiki
He is a movie character. Singing a lot of songs by him in the movie is just a demonstration of mild Broadway Force. And there is nothing wrong with a character named exactly the same as a real life artist.

He is not considered a stage persona and should therefore his profile stay as a movie character profile.

Danny Sexbang wasn't allowed on the wiki, neither was Markiplier and Nostalgia Critic

We do restrict characters like this, and we're definitely not gonna ignore this because the character was from an irrelevant 90s film

The character profile literally states "This profile strictly covers the film version, and not the real-life person."

So as long as any feats do not come from the music video (where the Vanilla Ice in the MV will be easier argued to be a stage persona) but from the movie itself, the character profile should be kept.

That doesn't change it's literally Vanilla Ice.

Really, do you think it's completely fine for me to make a Stan Lee profile for all his cameos, and then have that character be killed by 50 different people?

GojiBoyForever said:
GojiBoyForever said:
Honestly it might be safe to just delete all the Cool Cat profiles.
Does the author or copyright owner have a habit of suing us for that?

I mean, we have profiles from franchises from the almighty do-not-ness-with-the-mouse Disney. Should all character profiles from Disney be deleted as well?

Genericstickman said:
I mean composites aren't allowed anymore so no
The MCU Stan Lee is still a valid profile if we exclude stage persona since he's a Watcher Informant

I agree with Zark. It seems best to delete the Vanilla Ice profile.

The person who created the Cool Cat profile was given special allowance for it in an email from the author though, but I don't want to push our luck with a profile of said author himself.

Antvasima said:
I agree with Zark. It seems best to delete the Vanilla Ice profile.

The person who created the Cool Cat profile was given special allowance for it in an email from the author though, but I don't want to push our luck with a profile of said author himself.
Nevertheless I can understand administrators and bureaucrats want to play safe and rather be more overcautious than be reckless.

Anytime you believe this movie character is wrongly deleted you can always retrieve from the archive or here.

Okay. Thanks. I will delete it then.

Thank you for helping out with the page links Zark.

Can we get rid of these two profiles please?

I've already merged them into a single profile here as discussed here.

Captain Boomerang.

Unreliable stats and lacking powers. Alongside being an overall, poor profile

I've heard that the Cool Cat profiles were deleted because none of the characters had at least Peak Human characteristics. However, Butch the Bully was deleted depite him possessing 9-C firearms.

That's like saying Tim Allen from Home Improvement is valid because he has a drill, or Dwight from Office is valid since he has nunchucks on him

I don't think just possessing a weapon makes you a valid profile when you belong to what's essentially a kids educational book with no superhuman characters

Because every character in fiction has at one point held onto a 9-C object like knife or a baseball bat or a hammer. We can literally add anything then, and do you really want me to repeat my points for the 7th time as to why we do that?

Just let it go. It isn't funny anymore.

Butch having a gun was a major plot point and the biggest threat in the movie. It even happens at the end, as though it's the "final boss" of the movie.

And Dwight pepper spraying Pam's fiance was a very important plot point in the Office series. So is Tim Allen being a repairman so he always has 9-C tools while being the main protagonist. The. End.

Please don't just ignore every single thing I say and go off on a tangent for some completely unrelated point.

Pepper spray is Status Effect Inducement as an example for the hax variant.

Refer to the edited post for the AP version

And the profile isn't getting undeleted, go to the QnA board if you just want to ask questions and stop clogging the management thread

I mean, completely normal human pages with no powers whatsoever have been allowed, and Tim Allen does have a page. His gun also seems like something he actively possesses, unlike a random object he used but does not own.

Overlooked =/= Allowed. If they literally don't have anything on them except a gun, they should be removed.

Where's the Tim Allen page btw?

EDIT: This? It's the video game version, not the sitcom one lol (Both of which have about as much common as having the same character names), it even says that in the notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back