• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this should go in a CRT, I'm just very confident on saying this:

Why is Voice Mimicry now a power? It is a completely understandable thing that doesn't need yet another one of our pages for P&A. It was also created without linking any CRT, which is kinda frustrating for a number of what I hope are self-explanatory reasons.

After looking into the creator's contributions, it was quickly made and uploaded without input or approval from anyone else. It should probably be deleted, and you should voice your general issues with it as a power on this post from the author announcing the page.

EDIT: imo, regardless of whether it's a useful page or not, we shouldn't be encouraging this sort of behaviour of posting power pages and adding them to profiles without any input. At the very least the user should get warned about this.

What do other staff members think? Should the page be deleted or is it useful to keep?

I honestly think it should be deleted for now. I agree with what Agnaa said:

Agnaa said:
EDIT: imo, regardless of whether it's a useful page or not, we shouldn't be encouraging this sort of behaviour of posting power pages and adding them to profiles without any input. At the very least the user should get warned about this.

Okay. I personally don't mind keeping the page, as it seems distinctive and useful enough, but feel free to delete it then, although his additions of the ability to other pages need to be reverted as well.

Antvasima said:
Okay. I personally don't mind keeping the page, as it seems distinctive and useful enough, but feel free to delete it then, although his additions of the ability to other pages need to be reverted as well.
Has anybody done this?

Thank you for the help. There was also a new "Voice Mimicry Users" category added to a few pages.

Antvasima said:
Thank you for the help. There was also a new "Voice Mimicry Users" category added to a few pages.
My apologies that I didn't notice it. Taken care of.

The unjustified abilities makes sense (I'm a goosebumps nerd and one of the top contributers of the Goosebumps verse and not even I know where Biological Manipulation comes from)

This shouldn't be a profile for the same reason it was agreed not to make a profile for the xtag charactes.

It's literally just Ryuko with a different tier and possibly some more abilities. At best, this would just be a key for the normal profile if the game is canon, and if not there is no reason to have, what amounts to "stronger Ryuko" as a whole additional profile

TFW IF is confirmed in canon to be a completely different time line with new forms, feats, powers, and abilities but people want it gone anyways

WeeklyBattles said:
TFW IF is confirmed in canon to be a completely different time line with new forms, feats, powers, and abilities but people want it gone anyways
I don't remember the thread where we went over this, but I don't think being in a different timeline and having new forms/feats makes a non-canon crossover deserving of a profile.

@Anttron I responded to that same reply, why are you showing it to me?

@Thread Here are the last two threads on crossover profiles where the most recent rules were established.

Oh my bad, I thought it was from the stuff my friends told me. It's good as a profile then.

"Ryüko Matoi is the deuteragonist of the 2019 video game Kill la Kill: IF. Trapped in an alternate reality on the verge of collapse"

That's literally just normal Ryuko but Isekai'd at best this should be a key not a profile

4) Franchises which contain non-canonical spin-offs/movies/videogames, etcetera, each with their own continuities and feats, yet not to the extent that Marvel and DC Comics do, should only be allowed profiles for notable original characters from said spin-offs, and not alternate versions of canonical characters, unless they are very prominent and notable.

Considering how much I've heard about the game I'd consider it very prominent and notable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back