• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, let's be honest here, Cthulhu Mythos stories are just the same thing with less recurring characters and "funny" swapped out for "scary"

@calca

I haven't seen any like that on the wiki but if they exist they should be deleted too since they also lack an actual story

@yobo

That's not accurate at all

I stand by what I said earlier. I personally think the profiles should be removed but, given how low on the totem pole I am, it's just a sugestion. Maybe we should be reviewing some questionable profiles.

HeadlessKramerGeoff777 said:
Just because a story is comedic doesn't nessisarly make it a gag. If we are going by having inconsistent plots, many old cartoon (ones featured on this wiki aside from LT) have no long overarching narrative and are often shorts played for comedic effect.
Just wondering if anyone saw my comment

I don't agree with removing ASDF based on it being a series of Robot Chicken-esque comedy shorts.

I do, however, think someone should address the fact that a lot (or at least some) of the calcs linked to the profiles don't appear to have been accepted all the way and have been added with relatively dubious consent.

EDIT: Also, the scaling ******* blows. Scaling literally every human in the setting to Tier 5 when several of them die from bombs, conventional firearms and falling off buildings is ridiculous.

MrKingOfNegativity makes sense to me. The profiles likely do not have to be deleted based on their lack of character development. However, if the profiles have very unreliable and exaggerated statistics, we should probably delete them based on that instead.

Or at least change the statistics to Unknown until they get fixed.

That is probably better, yes. Is somebody here willing to handle it?

Since that the low end result of the Mine Turtle calculation has been accepted by DMUA, Large Planet level should be changed to Country level, but only for Mine Turtle. Do The Flop calculation's Small Planet level+ haven't been evaluated yet (DMUA only accepted the old Small Planet level rating, which seems to be taken the power off).

Everybody else can have their calculated statistics changed to Unknown. Well, Mine Turtle's 10-C, aka Below Average level seems to be reasonable.

@MrKingOfNegativity

That is fine, yes. Thank you for the help.

@Skalt711

I think that scaling all the people on that planet to Low 5-B seems like an outlier based on the above.

Skalt711 said:
Since that the low end result of the Mine Turtle calculation has been accepted by DMUA, Large Planet level should be changed to Country level, but only for Mine Turtle. Do The Flop calculation's Small Planet level+ haven't been evaluated yet (DMUA only accepted the old Small Planet level rating, which seems to be taken the power off).
Everybody else can have their calculated statistics changed to Unknown. Well, Mine Turtle's 10-C, aka Below Average level seems to be reasonable.
So:

• Mine Turtle: 10-C physically, 6-B with self-destruct.
  • Everyone else: Unknown
Have I got that right?

I think so...

Trains Kid likely goes back to his previous tier (which iirc is 10-B physically and 8-C to High 8-C with trains)

I looked through the edit history. Those stats have no justifications either, so I'm setting him to Unknown as well.

If someone disagrees with that, it can serve as motivation to try and actually fix the profiles afterwards.

Anyway, I've made all the changes. And until the verse has been properly analyzed and a CRT has been concluded, this is how the profiles are going to stay.

Also, I changed the speed rating. Being able to see a train coming doesn't give the ASDF humans Subsonic movement speed. It doesn't even give them Subsonic combat or reactions unless they dodged the train right when it was only a couple of feet away from them. (They didn't.)

It took me too long to realize MKON was an abbreviation of King's name and not an entirely separate user...

It is not accepted. It is a massive gag outlier. It is best if somebody reverts all of his edits.

I am afraid that I do not have faith in that Buttersamuri generally knows what he is doing yet. My apologies.

While the Tier 5 stuff hasn't been accepted, the Star level feat was accepted by DMUA. He was also the one who edited the Do The Flop Guy's page.

I would like to say.

The do the flop guy was edited by DMUA. He added the small planet and star feat. Not me. I only edited the other pages because they scale off him. And we're apart of the same feat. And if he had the feat on his page. Why wouldn't the others?

As well. The large planet feat was literally said to be fine. Check the comments on there. DMUA also claimed it should work after the Large planet edit. Which is why I edited them back to large planet and small planet on the others. My reasoning for the edits was purely through the fact One was added to the pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back