• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Probable upgrade for a couple One Piece characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys knew this was coming sooner or later (Doffy leg humper is back)

Okay, due to the latest chapter of One Piece, I believe Luffy and Doflamingo's tiers should be changed to the following:

Luffy: from "Likely High 7-A" to "Likely High 7-A, Likely 6-C with Gear 4th"

Doflamingo: from "At least High 7-A. Likely higher" to "Likely 6-C"

Cracker is a character that was introduced a couple chapters ago as one of Big Mom's sweet commanders. He was capable of easily beating base Luffy, leaving him on the ground, exhausted. Immediately after, Luffy went into Gear 4th and incapacitated Cracker with one punch.

Of course, Cracker could very well stand up after this, but this chapter shows the power-gap between base/gears and Gear 4th.

Because of this, I would like to suggest that Gear 4th Luffy be listed as "Likely Island Level" due to being much more powerful than any of his previous gears and being able to potentially one-shot Cracker with a single Kong Gun.

Doflamingo would scale to Gear 4th Luffy since he managed to tank several Gear 4th hits while being injured.

also we could keep Doflamingo High 7A considering Luffy's AP would only need to be as high as Doffy's Durability to damage him, The only Gear 4th attack that seems to be island busting is KKG, Kong gun, Culverin and such seem to be Mountain busters imo

@Rex - the reason that Luffy is "Likely High 7-A" is due to his AP in base scaling to his durability for tanking a 1+ GT attack from Fujitora with no visible damage, but since people argue that it was due to Luffy's resistance to blunt force, it is questionable (though i say haki was in the attack, but either way... he took the attack point-blank and the 1+ GT result comes from the attack after it traveled some hundreds of meters)

Well, on second thought, I suppose that this seems reasonable for Luffy, given that he is High 7-A in base.

I am, however, uncertain if Doflamingo scales, given that Luffy constantly turns stronger for each major storyarc.

When i made this post, i immediately realized "well, Doflamingo likely doesn't scale anyways due to arc-to-arc power-ups Luffy receives, Doflamingo is in prison..."

I suppose that Doflamingo needs to stay where he is (especially since there isn't much of anything to say that he is equal to Gear 4th since he got wrecked while injured), but Luffy's power-gap between base and Gear 4th is made pretty clear in this chapter, so he is very likely to be Island level.

Yes. I suppose that Luffy can probably be upgraded into 6-C in Gear 4. You might have to create an extra key for the "4 Yonko" storyarc though.

No. We only have evidence for tier High 6-C so far.

The key would need to be named "Whole-Cake Island arc" - if there is another yonko arc immediately after that is still involving Big-Mom or Kaido, they would probably be in the same key.

Ik it's slightly off topic, but whats the difference between this site and ODB? it looks like we do the same thing, are there calculations off or something?

Well, we have a different tiering system, different regulation pages, and far more profiles. However, they have a considerably larger team of calculators.

Well, we scaled him from Fujitora, and also do not have the same energy scale borders as they do.

In any case, we do not talk badly about the OBD here, and also do not interfere with how they are minding their business.

@Rex - The problem i have seen with the One Piece pages in OBD is that they have certain characters like Law who are City+, but Doflamingo and Luffy are City level when they are both of a MUCH higher caliber than Law. I'm confused why they are not listed as a higher tier.

@Ant - if the upgrade is reasonable/accepted, i'll wait for the page to be opened so i can add the new key.

Okay. I will temporarily unlock the page.

@ Ant - I believe that this page should be locked as well

@Rex - Luffy and Doflamingo have no acceptable feats that can place them above MHS.

I did a calculation on my blog for Doflamingo vs the Meteorite using several different meteorite speeds, but the accepted speeds are 11 KM/s for low end, and 17 km/s for high end unless something happens to change that. And since Doflamingo's actions during the time-frame are done in quick succession, his arm and string speeds can range from being Mach 500 to Mach 1000+... sticking to the low end, so he scales to post time-skip Luffy, who scales above his pre time-skip scalings.

They are going to remain "At least MHS" until they get a new speed feat. The meteorite one was the only good speed feat post time-skip that could be calculated.

I do not think that we have a higher speed calculation than that. It is likely that he is considerably swifter, but we do not have any proof yet.

what about the distance he crossed to blitz Doflamingo with Rhino Scnieder? is there anything there that can be used?

@RexofLM - No because there is not a time-frame. someone once tried it using Doflamingos reaction time (assuming he could react to Mach 637 speeds), but that method doesn't work especially since there is absolutely no way to find a time-frame and the distance between them was inconsistent with the distance between Doflamingo and the Flower Hill.

Okay I'm going to bring up the topic for potential upgrades to certain characters from what we've discussed in this thread and another:

Dressrosa Luffy: He is currently listed as "Likely Small Island Level, probably higher in Gear 4th", but since we do use a calc of him tanking Ferocious Tiger, the "Likely" should be removed. His Whole-cake Stats are scaled from his Dressrosa stats. The power-spike between his base and Gear 4th should really be comparable.

Doflamingo (in response if Luffy is upgraded in Dressrosa): Considering the power-gap between him and Base Luffy, he is already listed as "At least Small Island level", but there are other factors that should be brought into perspective:

• Doflamingo's Bird Cage was strong enough to shove back the likes of Fujitora and numerous others including Roronoa Zoro. They only managed to stop the Bird Cage for a brief moment, but even Fujitora himself was not capable of damaging his threads (he was even using haki on his blade).
  • He scales above Diamond Jozu due to being able to toy with him using his threads--holding him in place while having a casual conversation with Crocodile.
  • He might be scalable above Cracker's Biscuit Soldier since he could withstand Kong Gun, but the soldier was one-shot by it.
  • Doflamingo tanked a few attacks from Gear 4th Luffy (Whether Doflamingo was injured or not, Gear 4th Luffy is already Likely Island level in AP via scaling above his base). He also survived King Kong Gun, which is several times stronger than Kong Gu (though this was likely due to plot keeping Doflamingo alive... and Doflamingo mitigated the force behind the punch by an unknown degree)
Trafalgar Law: This is going to be brief - He should be listed as being "Likely Small Island level" due to being capable of blocking attacks from Doflamingo with his sword.

Cracker: I already edited his profile by adding a Key, and am currently leaving him as unknown for everything except for speed/lifting until we get future information on him. He is still "At least Small Island level" with each Biscuit Soldier.

In short:

Dressrosa Luffy: High 7-A. Likely 6-C with Gear 4th (scaling from his base. Also, unlike Diamond Jozu, Gear 4th Luffy was capable of destroying the threads that were manipulating himself with ease)

Doflamingo: Likely 6-C (Far stronger than Base Luffy, and tanked several hits from Gear 4th Luffy -- Possibly power-scaled above Cracker's Biscuit Soldier -- superior to Diamond Jozu, and Fujitora was not capable of stopping his Bird Cage)

Trafalgar Law: Likely High 7-A (he should not be that much weaker than Base Luffy and he withstood Doflamingo's Goshikito several times)

Cracker: waiting for more information before updating his current page

Curious to see how the fight ended, really hoping Luffy won, although we probably have to wait 3- 4 weeks for that since OP is on break next week and knowing Oda the next chapter will be Sanji/ Vinsmoke related or Brook and Pedro related or something

@Rex - Nami asked the forest if they feared Big Mom more, or Cracker... she very likely sicked 'em on Cracker to help Luffy win.

@CinCameron20 I suppose that this seems reasonable.

@Ant - to prevent future questions from arising, I think it would be best if I opened a thread titled: "One Piece Upgrades" and list the current proposed upgrades and have you highlight it. It would be better if everyone can see it rather than a handful of us saying "yeah, let's do it" and then suddenly having considerable upgrades for a few characters.

What do you think?

Well, I think that these changes should be fairly self-evident, so I am not sure if highlighting yet another thread today is necessary. In addition, I am going to bed now.

I just saw that you highlighted like... 5+ pages... and okay, if the pages are unlocked, i can quickly update them.

Okay, i finished with the upgrades and the description fixes. You can lock them at any time. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back