• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pretty sure Moon Lord is Cthulhu

In the Official Terraria Lore stated by the Devs and in the Bestiary, it is all but explicitly stated that the Moon Lord is indeed Cthulhu. If so, shouldn't it say "likely far higher" next to his stats that say Dwarf Star Level? I understand that Terraria and the Cthulhu Mythos are different realities but there's nothing that in the game that even remotely warrants him being weaker than Cthulhu? Yes, I know his Attack Potency is actually above Cthulhu's when Lowballed. I'm talking about the "Likely far higher" part. I believe it should at least state "Possibly Far Higher" next to that.

Also, by the time you fight Moon Lord in the Game, he already has his Brain Restored, meaning he is indeed at his Full Power when you fight him (since it was stated that he only needed his brain to be restored to full power. His Legs were not. If you think Cthulhu would need his Legs to be at Full Power, just know that being mechanically repaired is also shown to boost the Power of Bosses, so his Mechanical Reparations probably brought him back to full power quicker). It's also noted in the Bestiary that his power "has no bounds" which I also find interesting and could support this argument I'm making depending on how you interpret it.

I'd also like to note that Cthulhu on the Vs Battle Wiki is stated to be Nigh Omniscient. Since Moon Lord has his Brain back I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be. Unless the Mechanical Part means he lost Intelligence, but A: there's nothing to suggest he didn't and B: If the Brain he had before it was mechanically repaired was more powerful than the Brain he currently has, wouldn't he not have been able to achieve full power without his legs?

I'm probably thinking too hard into this but I feel like they should at least add "Possibly Nigh Omniscient" for Intelligence and "Possibly Far Higher" for Attack Potency to the page for the Moon Lord. Just a thought.

im talking about the whole thing bro
Is there anything wrong or inaccurate about what I said? I'm not necessarily saying they NEED to change it I'm just trying to suggest that the Moon Lord's Power is possibly far higher than we imagine (in a similar way as Cthulhu) and I think that might be worth noting.

no, you cant just cross scale verses like this, you cant cross scale verses at all without proper reason to believe theyre genuinely connected canon-wise let alone trying to cross scale a verse based on a character being a reference

We... We dont cross scale complely different Series like that period. Whatever Cthulhu has has 0 bearing on a completly unrelated franchise and vice versa.

Well... Okay... I guess... I mean I do believe there's a pretty realistic possibility that the Moon Lord could solo all of Dragon Ball and wanted to point that out. I just thought it was worth noting.

Well... Okay... I guess... I mean I do believe there's a pretty realistic possibility that the Moon Lord could solo all of Dragon Ball and wanted to point that out. I just thought it was worth noting.
Not trying to be rude, really do. But what a individuals "believe" to be true holds little water. What matters are facts and proofs, provided by the source material. Fantheories and shower thoughts hold little value I'm afraid, especially when the intend is to change profiles

Not trying to be rude, really do. But what a individuals "believe" to be true holds little water. What matters are facts and proofs, provided by the source material. Fantheories and shower thoughts hold little value I'm afraid, especially when the intend is to change profiles
I understand where you're coming from but the thing is, Cthulhu could very well be at a Level where he could do that as well. Since Moon Lord is basically Cthulhu restored to full power, I just felt it would make sense to bring up the possibility of him being able to do that as well.

As I said in my post, I understand that they are different verses, but I believe that it's very Reasonable to believe that he could accomplish such a feat and be that strong.

Lol disagree
Ratio then.

Nah but in all seriousness you have every right to disagree with this. I'm not trying to get it changed or anything like that, I just felt that I should bring some of this stuff up.

Also I just realized that I said "at least they should add Possibly Far Higher" even though I'm saying it doesn't necessarily need to be changed. My brain isn't working today.

Sooo... If any of you are interested in talking to me about certain things you can always feel free to talk to me. Power scaling, Power levels, anything really...

...I need more friends...

This would have been better as a discussion topic in fun and games or something. We don't scale Cthulhu from one verse to Cthulhu in another but you're free to talk to people about it.

Back