• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Rose Meruem's durability

UchihaSlayer96

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So I didn't post this as a CRT because I am not entirely sure about this myself and I am mainly looking for input on the matter from knowledgeable members.

But Meruem's durability seems too low to me for multiple reasons.

1) Netero(who's low 7-C normally) delivered THOUSANDS of direct blows to Meruem, and all that did was give him a dull sense of pain. Zero damage. So to put Meruem's durability in the same Tier seems a bit odd tbh.

2)Netero only managed to "damage" Meruem with Zero Hand, if you want to call it damage, it was more like small gashes. This is Netero's maximum Aura output which is much higher than his Normal attack, possibly by thousands of times over if you consider point Numero Uno. Keep this in mind for later.

3) Netero then went on to deliver his ultimate trump card, The Poor Man's Rose. A nuclear weapon which was calced and is generally accepted at around City Level. Meruem took this attack at point blank range and survived, albeit barely.

Now Meruem survived, yes, but he was in critical condition and was going to die soon after if not for his Royal Guards. BUT that doesn't change the fact that he tanked it in some capacity, and that all previous attacks did naught to damage Meruem in any meaningful way. This would mean that even if Meruem's durability is upgraded, it would not really scale to anyone else, including Netero.

Furthermore, there's many other factors one needs to consider about the Rose bomb. Nukes have immense heat that surpasses that of the sun and release insane levels of radiation, not to mention the Rose also poisons its victims, so there's more that he needs to worry about than the blast yield itself and that surely accounted for some of the damage he sustained.

With all that being said, personally I feel like low 7-C is, well, too low for Meruem's durability, so what I would like to propose is:

- At least Low 7-C, Likely Far Higher . - or a likely Small City Level rating for his durability.

Now I am sure this was discussed before but I would still like to offer my spin on it, and take further feedback. Which is why I didn't make this a CRT. So feedback is certainly what I am waiting for here. Also it's just for fun! But I must reiterate that this will not scale to anyone, except maybe Adult Gon and Zero Hand(but unlikely for Zero Hand tbh), so it wouldn't create inconsistencies. And it's not an outlier because Meruem is the undisputed God tier of the verse. And tbh, I always thought it was weird that Meruem Got hundreds of times more powerful Post Rose. I think maybe he was always somewhat close to that level.

So let's discuss this!

Hunter x hunter 298 5
Hunter x hunter 298 6
Hunter x hunter 299 2

EmperorRorepme said:
This makes sense to me. His durability should by default be much higher then Netero's AP. He tanked a City Level Nuke to SOME capacity. So Small City level doesn't seem a stretch.
Thank you for the reply. So do you think this has enough merit to turn it into a CRT or should I wait for more input?

Js250476 said:
Wouldn't this scale to Meruem's AP to (considering he casually tore his own arm off)
I think so yes, and it's not inconsistent as he wasn't even trying to kill Netero at all.

I'm sorry lol how do I change the board for this thread? I thought you could just edit it lol

Schnee One said:
What's Netero's AP? And is the 2x multiplier in his prime Legit?
Netero is currently low 7-C, and yes I believe the multiplier is based on a statement made by Netero if I'm not mistaken

Oh they're baseline.

Yeah I don't think we should upscale Meruem Durability, a 5x difference in AP is enough to borderline no sell attacks and that's still Low 7C.

You don't need city level durability to tank a large AoE city level explosion, since your body would only be taking a small portion of the blast.

Schnee One said:
Oh they're baseline.

Yeah I don't think we should upscale Meruem Durability, a 5x difference in AP is enough to borderline no sell attacks and that's still Low 7C.
I don't think Netero is a good point of reference as all his efforts amounted to nothing. The only thing that overcame Meruem's durability was the Rose which almost killed him, but he tanked it nonetheless.

GyroNutz said:
You don't need city level durability to tank a large AoE city level explosion, since your body would only be taking a small portion of the blast.
Good point, but he was at the epicenter so I don't know...

I think at the very least a likely '''Far Higher''' rating is warranted everything considered imo.

I mean, Meruem isn't baseline. Netero is considered baseline along with the other guards. Therefore at least "likely higher" is warranted since Meruem could easily one-shot his Royal Guards with a malicious attack with his tail.

The first time against Pitou he used enough force to one-shot a Squadron Leader who are generally 8-A which gave her a few scratches all without without nen. He was also going to decapitate Pouf with a swipe. He could've one-shot Netero as well.

GyroNutz said:
Well, that depends where the explosion starts.

if the explosion is for example spherical, so it started from the center, and you are the center, then you fully scale.

Tyri456 said:
GyroNutz said:
Well, that depends where the explosion starts.
if the explosion is for example spherical, so it started from the center, and you are the center, then you fully scale.
He pretty much ate it point blank as the scan provided in the OP shows, and the anime version backs this up as well.

The OP makes sense to me tho.

but, doesn't that mean that also his AP should scale to his durability? He cut his own arm, doesn't that proves he can damage his body? therefore scales to durability.

Tyri456 said:
The OP makes sense to me tho.
but, doesn't that mean that also his AP should scale to his durability? He cut his own arm, doesn't that proves he can damage his body? therefore scales to durability.
Yup. in this case he would scale to his durability for this very reason. And Nobody but himself and that Bomb did any meaningful damage to him. Zero Hand put a few scratches on his body but he was completely unharmed otherwise. So yea i think this is pretty consistent.

now to get a proper value I think we need someone to calculate this for us.

Back