• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Retcon Molecule Man AP Justification Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren_Valion

VS Battles
Retired
I made a VS thread a while ago comparing both High 1-B versions of Molecule Man to see who was the stronger variation of the same being.

And in the thread - Molecule Man vs... Molecule Ma - it is currently believed to be an inconclusive match because of how comparable in power both versions of Molecule Man are to The Beyonder and The Beyonders. After pondering on which version is stronger, I then began to do some research and found numerous slides showcasing that Molecule Man and The Beyonder aren't comparable or equals, not in the slightest, and that The Beyonder is far stronger than Molecule Man. One person on the thread suggested I make a CRT, and here I am.

The Links:

From what I gather, there is a moment where the Beyonder is after Owen Reece, and Mr. Reece flat out states that he could never create a barrier strong enough to keep the Beyonder out. He even starts crying about it.

He does it anyway. And he was right to be scared as the Beyonder laughs off the barrier and breaks it with ease.

After this, Molecule Man sneak attacks the Beyonder as he enters the room that Owen is residing in, and the Beyonder tanked it with ease.

So Pre-Retcon Beyonder is in fact much stronger than Molecule Man. But by how much?

In a different moment in some comic, Owen Reece (to Captain America) says that he is unbelievably more powerful than Captain America and that the Beyonder is unbelievably more powerful than him. Seemingly by the same margin if his wording is anything to go by.

So The Beyonder is far stronger than realized if the difference in his power to Owen Reece's power is the same difference in power of the Molecule Man to Captian America.

This thread wouldn't affect what tier Molecule Man (Pre-Retcon) is at because he still would be High 1-B.

He was unanimously chosen by The Watchers as the one with the greatest chance at stopping The Beyonder, alluding that he was greater in power than the abstracts. This later shown to be the case as when Molecule Man does confront The Beyonder, all the abstracts move away from him in fear.

And when Molecule Man and The Beyonder did clash. Every creature on every planet in every dimension felt the multiversal tremors from the said clash.

And in the time of Pre-Retcon Beyonder and Molecule Man, the multiverse was stated to contain infinite dimensions.

So without a doubt, Molecule Man is still High 1-B, but he's just not comparable to The Beyonder. The difference between them is outstandingly enormous.

Possible Rebuttal:

I know that The Beyonder and Molecule Man are believed to be comparable to one another as shown in this sca, but that is a simple misunderstanding, as shortly after in this scan, it is shown that The Beyonder is overwhelming Molecule Man.

Changes:

Original

Beyonder:

Attack Potency:
High Hyperverse level (The Beyonder is an infinite-dimensional entity. He is one with the Beyond-Realm, which is in fact another Multiverse. Holds power millions of times greater than the regular Marvel Multiverse and of all its forces combined. Secret Wars II described the Multiverse as having infinite dimensions.)

Molecule Man:

Attack Potency:
High Hyperverse level (He was almost equal in power to the Beyonder) | At least Low Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+ while Amped (Produced a "Trans-Multiversal" quake when clashing with The Beyonder) | High Hyperverse level (He absorbed The Beyonders' powers, and added them to his own)

Notes:

He originally gained his extraordinary abilities by mutation through exposure to radiation from an experimental particle generator. Later this origin was changed into that this opened a "pinhole" into the realm of the Beyonder. Later still to that it irradiated him with the energy that infuses a Cosmic Cube. And his most recent origin is that he was created by the Beyonders as a bomb to destroy all universes.

Before making any changes to this page, please read and follow the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics.

Redone:

Beyonder:

Attack Potency:
High Hyperverse level (The Beyonder is an infinite-dimensional entity. He is one with the Beyond-Realm, which is, in fact, another Multiverse. Molecule Ma stated that The Beyonder transcends him in the same way that he transcends Captain America. Holds power millions of times greater than the regular Marvel Multiverse and of all its forces combined. Secret Wars II described the Multiverse as having infinite dimensions.)

Molecule Man:

Attack Potency:
High Hyperverse level (He was unanimously chosen by The Watchers as the one with the greatest chance at stopping the Beyonder. All the abstracts move away from him in fear when Molecule Man confronts The Beyonder. Every creature on every planet in every dimension felt the multiversal tremors from the confrontation between Molecule Man and The Beyonder. And in Secret Wars II, the Multiverse was described as having infinite dimensions.) | At least Low Multiverse level, possibly Multiverse level+ while Amped (Produced a "Trans-Multiversal" quake when clashing with The Beyonder) | High Hyperverse level (He absorbed The Beyonders' powers, and added them to his own)

Notes:

Contrary to popular belief, Pre-Retcon Molecule Man is actually significantly below Pre-Retcon Beyonder in terms of power. This is shown many times throughout Secret Wars II. A desperate Molecule Man begins crying about the futility of creating a barrier to keep out The Beyonder. After he does, in fact, create the barrier, The Beyonder laughs it off as a joke. Then, after The Beyonder makes it through the barrier into Molecule Man's home, he then tanks a "last resort" attack from Molecule Man without a scratch. Towards the end of Secret Wars II, Molecule Man clashes with The Beyonder. He quickly becomes overwhelmed. Right after, it is stated by Molecule Man himself, that The Beyonder transcends him in the same way that he transcends Captain America.

He originally gained his extraordinary abilities by mutation through exposure to radiation from an experimental particle generator. Later this origin was changed into that this opened a "pinhole" into the realm of the Beyonder. Later still to that, it irradiated him with the energy that infuses a Cosmic Cube. And his most recent origin is that he was created by the Beyonders as a bomb to destroy all universes.

Before making any changes to this page, please read and follow the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics.

Confession:

I think I should also mention that I am not a huge comic nerd and have not read these comic books, so if I am missing any imperative context, please mention it. Although I am pretty sure that what is shown in the scans and what I inferred from them is accurate.

Conclusion: Pre-Retcon Molecule Man, while still High 1-B, is not comparable to Pre-Retcon Molecule Man in the slightest. So this thread is my proposal to remove the current reasoning for his tier and replace it with scans stating that he is greater than the Abstracts which were also High 1-B, at the time. Also, it might be a good idea to mention that The Beyonder seemingly transcends Molecule Man in the same way Molecule Man transcends Captain America to The Beyonder's page as I believe that would make him a much more powerful High 1-B than currently rated.

For: 3 (Ryukama, Super Saiyan God Julia, ArceusBowser44)

Against: 1 (Matthew Schroeder)

Ambivalent: 1 (Quantu)

So we basically take off any justification of Molecule Man being comparable to PR Beyonder, and replace it with being greater than the abstracts and the multiversal tremors correct?

Super Saiyan God Julian said:
So we basically take off any justification of Molecule Man being comparable to PR Beyonder, and replace it with being greater than the abstracts and the multiversal tremors correct?
Yeah basically.

Maybe even mention how great the difference in strength is between Molecule Man and The Beyonder on The Beyonder's page as well?

That panel showing PRB and PRMM supposedly being evenly matched really infuriates me, the amount of times I hear "PRMM is equal to beyonder durr look at this scan" despite the Beyonder shrugging off his most powerful attack, effortlessly breaking his dome, PRMM telling captain America that he transects on powerlevels unimaginable to him and the beyonder on levels unimaginable to him,overwhelming him literally RIGHT AFTER that "evenly matched panel" and the list just goes on.

I agree with removing any justifications of him being comparable to PRB

Bump. Maybe you could compact all that information into a note which could be placed on PRMM's profile? Here is some possibly valuable info for you if you want that I copy and pasted:

the Beyonder shrugging off his most powerful attack, effortlessly breaking his dome, PRMM telling captain America that he transects on powerlevels unimaginable to him and the beyonder on levels unimaginable to him,overwhelming him literally RIGHT AFTER that "evenly matched panel

@Quantu

Okay, I will try it.

Originally:

Beyonder:

Attack Potency:
High Hyperverse level (The Beyonder is an infinite-dimensional entity. He is one with the Beyond-Realm, which is in fact another Multiverse. Holds power millions of times greater than the regular Marvel Multiverse and of all its forces combined. Secret Wars II described the Multiverse as having infinite dimensions.)

Molecule Man:

Attack Potency:
High Hyperverse level (He was almost equal in power to the Beyonder) | At least Multi-Universe level, possibly Multiverse level+ while Amped (Produced a "Trans-Multiversal" quake when clashing with The Beyonder) | High Hyperverse level (He absorbed The Beyonders' powers, and added them to his own)

Notes:

He originally gained his extraordinary abilities by mutation through exposure to radiation from an experimental particle generator. Later this origin was changed into that this opened a "pinhole" into the realm of the Beyonder. Later still to that it irradiated him with the energy that infuses a Cosmic Cube. And his most recent origin is that he was created by the Beyonders as a bomb to destroy all universes.

Redone:

Beyonder:

Attack Potency:
High Hyperverse level (The Beyonder is an infinite-dimensional entity. He is one with the Beyond-Realm, which is in fact another Multiverse. Molecule Ma stated that The Beyonder transcends him in the same way that he transcends Captain America.Holds power millions of times greater than the regular Marvel Multiverse and of all its forces combined. Secret Wars II described the Multiverse as having infinite dimensions.)

Molecule Man:

Attack Potency:
High Hyperverse level (He was unanimously chosen by The Watchers as the one with the greatest chance at stoppingThe Beyonder. All the abstracts move away from him in fear when Molecule Man confronts The Beyonder. Every creature on every planet in every dimension felt the multiversal tremors from the confrontation between Molecule Man and The Beyonder. And in Secret Wars II, the Multiverse was described as having infinite dimensions.) | At least Multi-Universe level, possibly Multiverse level+ while Amped (Produced a "Trans-Multiversal" quake when clashing with The Beyonder) | High Hyperverse level (He absorbed The Beyonders' powers, and added them to his own)

Notes:

Despite common belief, Pre-Retcon Molecule Man is not compareable to Pre-Retcon Beyonder . This is shown when Molecule Man begins crying about the futility of creating a barrier to keep out The Beyonder. After he does, in fact, create the barrier The Beyonder laughs it off as a joke. And after The Beyonder makes it through the barrier into Molecule Man's home. The Beyonderthen tanks a sneak attack from Molecule Man. At another point in the Secret Wars story line, Molecule Man clashes with The Beyonder, After said confrontation, The Beyonder is then stated to transcend Molecule Man in the same way that Molecule Man transcends Captain America.

This is the best I got. I'm not used to making profiles, so it's probably crap. If you want to edit it, be my guest. Should I add this to the my evidence up top?

He's still comparable to the Beyonder, and the second strongest overall being in the multiverse in that story. I don't see why that should go. If he was so weaker they wouldn't fight to a stalemate.

Matthew Schroeder said:
He's still comparable to the Beyonder, and the second strongest overall being in the multiverse in that story. I don't see why that should go. If he was so weaker they wouldn't fight to a stalemate.
Molecule Man considers The Beyonder to transcend him by unimaginable levels in the same way that Molecule Man transcends Captain America by unimaginable levels.

That would not make them comparable with such a statement, and a possible reason for Molecule Man to stalemate The Beyonder was addressed in my rebuttal.

He's not comparable tho. You can be the second strongest and still be so far behind. They didn't fight evenly at all.

The Beyonder effortlessly took his strongest attack no sweat

The Beyonder effortlessly breaks his dome no sweat

The Beyonder transacts on levels unimaginable to MM. MM said "Just like I transact on levels unimaginable to you Captain America, The Beyonder transacts on power levels unimaginable to me." or something along those lines.

Besides if I recall, the vibes SW2 gave out were that they weren't close at all. I'm not 100% on this, I might reread it.

Sure, the Beyonder is much stronger but the very fact that they can butt heads and Owen could hold his own for a while shows that they have to at least be on the same level of High 1-B.

Mm to CA
Look I don't want to drag out this seemingly simple task but I think it's pretty clear cut.

-Beyonder laughs off his *strongest* attack

-Beyonder effortlessly broke his "last resort" dome

<-- Lol at the clash being even

And its a common belief on various forums (trust me) that PRMM and PRB are equals, so a simple note can't hurt to prevent that being the case here. So in a way think of it not from a Vs. matchup point of view, but to stop misinterpretation.

I would more readily believe that either Beyonder was underestimating Owen, that Owen was holding back until the final clash, or that he simply got stronger.

I agree with Matthew that the Pre-Retcon Molecule Man was still High 1-B, but do not mind a footnote explanation that the Beyonder was considerably stronger.

Antvasima said:
I agree with Matthew that the Pre-Retcon Molecule Man was still High 1-B, but do not mind a footnote explanation that the Beyonder was considerably stronger.
I agree with that as well.

Maybe my thread title is misleading.

I agree with the redone note in the OP. Although I would make the note something like:

Contrary to popular belief, Pre-Retcon Molecule Man is actually significantly below Pre-Retcon Beyonder in terms of power. This is shown many times throughout Secret Wars 2. A desperate Molecule Man begins crying about the futility of creating a barrier to keep out The Beyonder. After he does in fact create the barrier, The Beyonder laughs it off as a joke. Then , after The Beyonder makes it through the barrier into Molecule Man's home, he then tanks a "last resort" attack from Molecule Man without a scratch. Towards the end of Secret Wars 2, Molecule Man clashes with The Beyonder. He quickly becomes overwhelmed however,then states that The Beyonder transcends him in the same way that he transcends Captain America.

Of course all the scans would be in place in the note but I'm on my mobile right now so I just roughly edited that note lol.

@Quantu

Thank you, I have adjusted the note accordingly.

Thank you once again for your constant support and contributions to this thread, it is much appreciated.

Well, if the Beyonder was genuinely as much more powerful than the Molecule Man as the latter is to Captain America, Owen would not have been able to stand up to him at all, so that was an exaggeration.

It is enough to mention that the Beyonder was able to defeat him without much effort.

Something like this perhaps?

"Despite their similar statistics, Secret Wars II showed that the Molecule Man was significantly below The Beyonder in terms of raw power. After Owen created a barrier, the latter laughed it off. Then, after The Beyonder entered the Molecule Man's home, he withstood a last resort attack without any damage. Towards the end of Secret Wars II, the Molecule Man clashed with The Beyonder, but was quickly overwhelmed.

He originally gained his extraordinary abilities by mutation through exposure to radiation from an experimental particle generator. Later this origin was changed into that this opened a "pinhole" into the realm of the Beyonder. Later still to that, it irradiated him with the energy that infuses a Cosmic Cube. And his most recent origin is that he was created by the Beyonders as a bomb to destroy all universes.

Before making any changes to this page, please read and follow the Power-scaling Rules for Marvel and DC Comics."

So you do not think that we should mention that he is less powerful than the Beyonder within his profile?

I do not think that most of the new text seems necessary.

Quick question... Shouldn't Owen be upgraded to Outerverse Level as well... Considering he was stated outright to be stronger than all the other Abstracts at the time, and I'm certain that would include True Oblivion ?

I'm going to chance my stance slightly. I don't really mind if we leave the profiles as they are, but I still believe there is a noteworthy difference in power between the two.

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Quick question... Shouldn't Owen be upgraded to Outerverse Level as well... Considering he was stated outright to be stronger than all the other Abstracts at the time, and I'm certain that would include True Oblivion ?
He was upgraded to my knowledge. My thread was made a while ago, so the ratings are a little outdated.

My stance is that the justification for Owen's strength on his profile is bullshit because he is not comparable to The Beyonder and that it should be changed with actual evidence proving that he is stronger than everything else in the Marvel Multiverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back