• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magneto (Pre-Retcon) Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like a "Limited" also needs to be added here, since he can't perform this without very specific conditions that he can't entirely influence without prep time having to line up.

But otherwise, this is all fine.
I wouldn't say that's really limited, but a weakness for his magnetism. Without sufficient amounts of iron, he can't influence blood enough to rip it out of a body.

I wouldn't say that's really limited, but a weakness for his magnetism. Without sufficient amounts of iron, he can't influence blood enough to rip it out of a body.
To me, that sounds like a Limited because he can only do this when a condition achieved through outside help/prep time is met. He can't do this without someone injecting extra iron into his victim's bloodstream.

I'm not too invested in this, and I'm fine with it either way, but that sounds to me like a Limitation rather than a weakness. It's not like it's a drawback of his magnetism, it's just legit something he's incapable of without this extra step being done to facilitate his regular old powers working under this context (that context being the ability to affect metals within someone's bloodstream).

To me, that sounds like a Limited because he can only do this when a condition achieved through outside help/prep time is met. He can't do this without someone injecting extra iron into his victim's bloodstream.
If he encountered someone/something that naturally has a higher amount of iron on their blood than humans, then that goes out.

If he encountered someone/something that naturally has a higher amount of iron on their blood than humans, then that goes out.
Well sure, but that's not the norm.
Limited abilities can still work, just under specific conditions or circumstances.

The way I interpret it is this:
A weakness would be something along the lines of "If I go out in the sun, my skin will burn", or "my abilities only work on physically weaker opponents"

A Limited ability is more akin to "My Atomization beam only disintegrates fish". Like, it works, but within very limited confines.

This is just my interpretation, though. Maybe I'm wrong.

These additions seem fine. The durability negation is limited but so long as it's explained what the durability negation is properly on the profile, users can tell it's limited so as a whole you don't need to put limited but it wouldn't be inaccurate if you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back